Gwennaford's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Gwennaford's Journal

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks!  It's good to be home.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Tulsa is one of my favorite places to visit.  Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Where do you like to go while visiting in Tulsa?
ImageImage
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Saw Gwen on Facebook and she said she wanted everyone to know she now has someone to help her prepare LDL foods and she is exstatic!
Only has web access through her cell phone so participating on the boards is not very handy (fat fingers/little keys syndrome I suppose!).
She does pop in to read. Hopefully her health will improve to the point she will be determined to share with us all how it worked for her.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tell Gwen we all miss her and hope she comes back very soon.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Gwen, I miss you, and you were so right about mush and cornbread!!!  *hug*  JF
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Gwennaford, I've been thinking about you often! I'm glad you're still lurking, and very glad that you have found someone to help you succeed with LDL. Sometimes it takes a little boost from one direction or another. I know I needed that, too, and have been really happy to figure out what can make it easy to remember and resolve to stay on plan. Check in with us when you can! We miss you, but we understand that life just sometimes has its limitations!

Love,
Terri
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Awww!  You ladies are so wonderful to keep in touch!  My DDs BFF fixed my computer while they were down from Dallas last week. I've been wondering how I would fill Monday thru Thursday nights now that Dancing and Idol are over. Haha. Maybe a return to journaling is the answer.

I need to figure out a way to use the laptop from a reclining position. I'm experiencing a horrible arthritis flare involving knees, feet, ankles, hands, wrists, one elbow & one shoulder.  I can only manage to stay up long enough to feed myself & take care of my doggies. The doctor is going to try a new biologic injection that works on autoimmune disease, but I have to wait a few weeks while the previous one wears off. NSAIDS don't work at all & we're trying desperately to stay off steroids, but I may have to resort to that if it comes to the point that I can't get out of bed at all.

The good news is DD found a chef who is happy to cook for me from the red book and recipe cards, and deliver 10 delicious meals per week. Some are meatless so I can have them for dinner.  She also offered to pick up fruit for me when she gets hers, so I am set for food.  My Mary Kay lady gets my prescriptions, and a nice man who visits nursing homes shops for other staples for me.  So my shopping problems are solved for now. Life is good.

I will be posting pux of my THREE doggies soon, but you can see them on my FB wall.

Loves & bye for now
GG
ImageImage
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

HI GWENNIE!
      So nice to hear from you and sorry you are feeling ill. Will keep you in my prayers.  You are all set. You will be living like a princess. I just hope you will recover soon.    Judie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

So great to see your beautiful face on here once again, Gwen.  I'm happy that you've solved some problems and are dealing with others.  Let's all pray that eating pure LDL from the red book will decrease the inflammation and get you up and about.  Hugs- Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Gwen, we have missed you and your humour. Sure hope you feel better soon. Take care  Wither
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

So glad to see you all still here. It will be good to come home again.
ImageImage
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Come on Back!    :rose: :rose: :rose:  Wither
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wow, Gwen!!  Those people in your life surely are big blessings from the Lord to help you!!  What good news! 

I just recently read about a supplement called astaxanthin that appears to help with arthritis.  It is an antioxidant -- supposedly it was discovered a few years ago and isn't as well known by the public, but they realize it is really good for so much.  I recently started taking it and give it to Mom, since it is supposed to help those with dementia too.  You might want to look into it.  I saw a video on it by a pharmacist and she was saying that she doesn't normally get so excited about things like this, but is so amazed at all it can do.  She wasn't selling it, so there wasn't an ulterior motive.
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

looking forward to getting to know you gwen!! glad you are getting things settled and are happy with life!!! see you soon!!   :thumbsup:

blessings,
jo
Last edited by jsprik on June 3rd, 2011, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

We will miss you Gwennie, but can still be inspired by your words and enjoy your many recipes. O:-)
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11