Gwennaford's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
niki
Administrator

Re: Gwennaford's Journal

Post by niki »

Gwennaford wrote: And THAT means I have to be careful eating dark leafy greens, and all the other great healthy LDL foods.  I can eat them, but I have to make sure I eat EXACTLY the same things every day.  BOOOOO ! ! !   :thumbdown: :bomb: :blink:  Who can stick to that?  I but I have to find a way to do it.  

hi gwennie...
hey,it's easy to do that....you just can't eat 2 or 3 salads one day and no salad the next........it doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same thing every day.....and green leafy vegetables are one of the most alkaline things you could eat which is SO healthy....
this'll be a piece of cake(haha)for you........YOU'RE tough AND holy spirit empowered.....with what you've been through?....this is a tiny pebble in a rutted road....  
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

niki wrote:hey,it's easy to do that....you just can't eat 2 or 3 salads one day and no salad the next........it doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same thing every day....

Unfortunately, that's exactly how I DO eat.  Some weeks I can't get enough salads and raw veggies.  I'll buy bushels of them and eat on them until they're gone.  Then I won't want them again for a while -- switching over to some kind of bean soups, casseroles and grilled, baked or roasted vegetable dishes.  I make gargantuan batches of THAT and eat on them until they are gone, then I'm ready for some meat & steamed veg for a while.  All this pretty much depends on what's seasonal, what's in the pantry, how often I can get to the store, what's on sale.  I can't guarantee I'm always going to have some variation of dark leafy greens available on hand to substitute every day or week, etc. etc. etc.  

I know, I know -- quitcherwhinin', right?  No whining!  There's no whining in LDL!   :rolleyes:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Gwennaford wrote:
niki wrote:hey,it's easy to do that....you just can't eat 2 or 3 salads one day and no salad the next........it doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same thing every day....

Unfortunately, that's exactly how I DO eat.  Some weeks I can't get enough salads and raw veggies.  I'll buy bushels of them and eat on them until they're gone.  Then I won't want them again for a while -- switching over to some kind of bean soups, casseroles and grilled, baked or roasted vegetable dishes.  I make gargantuan batches of THAT and eat on them until they are gone, then I'm ready for some meat & steamed veg for a while.  All this pretty much depends on what's seasonal, what's in the pantry, how often I can get to the store, what's on sale.  I can't guarantee I'm always going to have some variation of dark leafy greens available on hand to substitute every day or week, etc. etc. etc.  

I know, I know -- quitcherwhinin', right?  No whining!  There's no whining in LDL!   :rolleyes:

just remember that 100, even 50 years ago, coumadin didn't exist...there are a lot of things about modern technology that i don't like, but when it comes to certain things that REALLY save lives, i'm glad of it...COUMADIN is one of them.....for you, without coumadin, you have a really high risk of developing blood clots....AND, what i know is that God's not ready for you to leave planet earth QUITE yet....i KNOW you've really been through the mill in the last few years but i KNOW that you're one of God's soldiers with lots of work left to do for Him.........while you're here on earth, YOU stand in the gap for your children..............and, i KNOW that's where you want to be.......

gwen...take a look online and on these boards at the concept of acid/alkaline foods.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hey Gwen,

My hero friend, I never read whining in your posts.  Often I whine for you...or maybe just cry out to the Lord.

Hang in there...praying right now.  Hearts CAN be healed...then you and the other GG will have two things in common:-)

Trusting Jesus (to wrap His healing arms around Gwennie right now),
Julie
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

"Other GG"= Marcie Grace (AKA "Marcie Grape"...what Daddy calls her because she LOVES grapes)...Pediatric Cardiologist said she would need another heart procedure, but she didn't...the Lord opened up that little valve:-)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Gwen, we are all pulling for you.  You've come so far and are an inspiration to all. 

Julie, I didn't know Little Marcie was sick.  She is such a cutie.  I'm glad the Lord intervened.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Trying to stay cool and dry.  Temps in the mid-90's with humidity in the high 70's make a heat index in the low 100's.  Add daily thunderstorm deluges . . .  It's not fit outside for man nor beast!  I'm staying inside more than I would like, but it's not possible to get out for more than a few minutes without getting fried or drowned!

Physically recovering from the recent arthritis flare, but wondering when my brain is going to kick back in.  I've lost most of the fluid load, but still about three pounds above the last low number reported on the caboose.  RT says the lowest number is what counts, but for how long?  Getting impatient for the numbers to start dropping again.  My weight loss chart countdown to Key West is busted, as I'm above the line. 

(Heavenly Father, I would love some encouragement in the form of a significant weight loss!  Thank You for Your faithfulness to me.  Please help me learn to be faithful to YOU!)

Almost forgot --- here is a funny:

THE BEST USE FOR BREAD

ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

My weight loss is still above the line (countdown to Key West), but just barely.  I am back down to my pre-flare weight of 304.  I am discouraged by the 8-week setback.  Still battling fluid retention so it fluctuates 10 to 15 pounds a week.  Good news is last month's tight jeans are getting baggy.

Loves to everyone --
Gwen
ImageImage
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Gwen, go by the fit of the jeans, not the scales. Keep up the good work.  :D Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yeahhhhhh Baggy pants! You go girl! You are such an encouragement to us all. Those scales do lie you know!
big hugs,
Bobbi
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

When I saw you breadroom slippers I laughed so hard I woke up all the daycare kids! :laughing:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Gwen, just thinking of you and hopeing all is well.
sending you a big hug,
Bobbi
Sharlet2808
New, but learning

Post by Sharlet2808 »

Just wanted to thank you for all the encouragement!!

Sheila
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWDBsfw/]
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Gwen, hang in there, I have also been on a long set back.  Take it one day at a time and you will get there.  Go by how your clothes fit.  We miss you on the train.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi folks!  My PC had some bad problems & I didn't get notified on my phone when you posted in my journal.  So, now PC is fixed YAY (almost-still discovering problems) and I can chat again.  I have missed everyone.

I'm still a Train dropout.  I was off to a great start, but after I lost all I had gained since Christmas, my weight loss stopped again.  I've been up & down the same 5 pounds every month.  I really don't understand it.  I'm still happy eating this way and will never change unless the Lord changes it for me. 

Still trying to get new meds balanced.  My Dr. yelled at me for wanting to change/reduce meds that I thought I didn't need anymore.  Grrr
ImageImage
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Grrr, just poppin in to "Grrr" with you about that doctor!  Hang in there, you're doing great!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Gwen- It's great to have you back!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

So happy to see you back Gwen.                ck
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

good to see you back Gwen. You are always such and encouragement to me!!!! Hang in there.
Big hugs to you,
Bobbi
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Good to have you back with us, Gwen.  *hug* JF