Gwennaford's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: Gwennaford's Journal

Post by barrypaxton »

Has anyone seen or heard from Gwen lately? I'm worried about her. It's been a couple of months since she has posted and I know she was having to deal with a lot of personal issues. Can someone contact her and let us knowing how she is doing?

Praying that Gwen is OK.
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm still here - alive & kickin'!  Running like crazy trying to get recovered enough to get knee replacements.   

After hearing from doctors that my knees were SO bad they could NOT be replaced & I would always live as a cripple, I finally found one surgeon who agreed to do it in one year from now if I would put in the work to get a lot healthier before then. I have to lose another 100 pounds and do the hard work to stretch out the soft tissues that have contracted in the 10 years I've been in the wheelchair. So that has motivated me to restart LDL PURE & stop the nighttime grazing.  I'm taking aquatherapy & therapeutic massage plus a lot of hard work on my own to stretch & rebuild atrophied tissues. But I AM doing it!

My daughter agreed to temporarily move back from Dallas to stay with me and be my rehab coach. I took her away from her job and sweet boyfriend, so it is only fair that I'm paying her what I would for a live-in coach, with major benefits. She already knows me & my needs, so there is no learning curve. And we are super compatible.  I cannot describe what a blessed relief it is to have help dragging myself & my equipment around to dozens of appointments.  And the relief from loneliness - well, you can imagine.   

AND the best part -- she started Let's Do Lunch with me and immeidately lost 8 pounds! ! ! !  YYAAAAYYYY ! ! !  She's a little grumpy about the potatoes & rice thing and doesn't really like beans or peas, so we're doing a lot of corn & a few lentils to help with her carb craving. She allows herself one slice of WW bread on a sandwich once a week, so it's taking a little longer to kick the craving. But it's all progress in the right direction. 

Gotta go get ready to run around again. Found a great facility with a big pool that they heat to 95 degrees for therapy. Total bliss!  (Very glad I don't have their gas bill!  $3000/mo. To heat the thing!)

***Everyone - PLEASE email me replies.*** I'm burning up my BlackBerry - it is how I stay in touch. What a great invention! 

Bye for now & loves to everyone!

Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Gwen,
So glad to hear from you.

Ollie,
Thanks for posting, I too was wondering about Gwen and even considered PM'ing Mary to ask about her.

Glad to hear all is well!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

So great to hear from you Gwen!
We're all thinking of you!  :rose:
*hug*
Love and prayers from Beth(Ann)
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Gwen, I am so glad to see your post today. I hope this means that we will hear from you on a regular basis again. So exciting that you will be able to get your knee replacements. Lots of hard work ahead of you, but  you will do it.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Gwen- It's so great to see your post.  I look forward to "seeing" more of you!  I know you can do it, Gwen!!!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Gwen, it is so good to hear of your plans.  I'm so glad your daughter can spend this time helping you like this.  Plus, I know you recognize that this is a chance you cannot squander and you will do it.  We will be praying for your success and know that God is going to help you reach this very important goal.  Love you and support you in this wonderful goal.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

So good to hear from you Gwen! Glad you are able to get help and get back on track with LDL. You are always such and inspiration for me and I know many others.
wishing you the best.
Hugs,
Bobbi
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

HI, Gwen,

So glad to hear you're back on the boards.  :)  I wondered where you had been and praying all was well.  I've been off/on, not much posting but at least reading other posts.  Glad to hear you are working on getting those knees.  :D  Hang in there, Girlfriend, you'll do it.  Key West here we come! :D

*hug*
Ginny
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Gwen

You are one of the people I looked for first when I came back.  I am so glad your here with us again.

Barb
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Gwen- how is it going? I miss you on the boards, and hope to see an update soon.

ck
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I just got a new iPhone as an early Christmas present so now I have no excuse for not posting. But the replies will be a lot shorter. Touch screen typing is all one finger ! 

Michelle went back to TX before Thanksgiving so it was just me & the dog. I turned on the parade & found great joy in fixing all my great LDL dishes without having anyone ask, "Is this legimate food, or some of that diet crap?".  *woot*

Did NOT overeat, froze leftovers. Okay, so was defrosting twice a day for a week, but at least it slowed me down. 

I added crushed pineapple & coconut flavoring to my butternut squash "sweet potatoes" for a tropical twist.  :thumbsup:

Loves to all - GG
ImageImage
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hey Gwen, it sure is good to hear from you again. Sounds like you are doing well.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks Cameron!  I hope everyone will write to me here, instead of PM or email, so it gives me more incentive to journal.

I really need to keep a connection with the outside world.  :thumbsup:

Yep, I'm still on track for my knee surgery. I'm working toward Fall/Winter of 2011. Maybe sooner if I lose the weight in time. I would love to be recovered in time for the LDL convention, wherever & whenever it happens. I still want it in Key West, just on a less busy weekend.
Last edited by Gwennaford on December 10th, 2010, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

So good to know you are back on the boards with all of us.  We love all your encouragment and wisdom
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AW!  That's very kind, Wendy. But in glancing thru the boards, I see you have become the go-to person in that department! 

I am holding steady at 300. What are you down to now?
ImageImage
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have been holding for weeks at 275. 
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Gwen and Wendy,
You both are great inspiration! Look how far you have come!Woohooooooo!!!!!!!
Happy Holidays. and big hugs,
Bobbi
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks Bobbi. I'm having a wonderful Christmas with my daughters in Tulsa. Michelle drove up from Arlington for a brief visit. So we are opening presents frequently.  Yay !  I shopped for beans, fruit & veggies @ Walmart. Gotta love that GPS!  I'm staying home with granddaughter while SIL & daughter Kayce work. I'm so happy!

I just bought a Hasty Bake grill/smoker/oven where Kayce works at the company headquarters. You can google them. Fabulous. Got a 75% family discount.  ;D  *woot*

Last edited by Gwennaford on December 22nd, 2010, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome to Oklahoma, Gwen.
Great to have you here with us.
Guess that makes a grand total of 3 LDLer's here in Oklahoma right now.....
unless, of course, some lurkers want to come out and be made known!  :)  ;)
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...