Darlyne's Food Log

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Darlyne

Darlyne's Food Log

Post by Darlyne »

Ok, so here I go.

I don't have my book yet, so I am winging it!

I'm going to be limited on what I can eat right now too, since my car is having "surgery" and I can't get to the store until late this evening.

It is 8:37 and I have eaten an apple and some blueberries. 

Ok...I read some of the other food journals... It looks like I can have eggs and beans at breakfast.  So....At 9:30am...

I just ate scrambled eggs (fresh from my chickies!  I use 1 egg white to every whole egg) with spinach, green onions, red, green, orange bell peppers, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper.  (I usually put grated colby jack cheese on this, but it is full fat, so I left it off.)  I heated up some fat-free refried beans I had in the cupboard and ate those too. 

I wasn't sure that I would like eating beans with eggs, but it was better than I expected!  And I feel full....which is excellent! 

I drank a diet Pepsi....I have been trying to quit drinking diet Pepsi....but I think I'll work on that later.   I'll concentrate on eating the LDL foods first.

1:25pm--Can someone tell me how to add a new post without "modifying" this one?  ahhh

I just ate lunch.  I ate leftover pot roast, steamed green beans, mashed cauliflower and a tablespoon of catsup.  Another Diet Pepsi.....I am so addicted to that!  And I know it isn't good for me!  I also ate a Wasa Cracker. 

Am on track?  Or should I have eaten some beans at this meal too? 

I'm having a hard time understanding why this will help me lose weight...I can hardly wait to get my book so I can understand the concept. 

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Snack:  Popcorn...a whole bag of microwave

Dinner:  Green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, red, green and orange bell peppers, green onions, avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. 

I went to the store this evening after my husband got home.  I bought all the stuff to make the pumpkin smoothie.  I was a little skeptical about the white beans in it.  But to my surprise it is very good.....I only had a little lick off the spoon, because I am not hungry...I'm looking forward to having that as my breakfast tomorrow morning! 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving....I probably won't be able to stick to LDL tomorrow evening.  But I will try to leave out the obvious things....like stuffing and candied yams.  oh.....and then there's the mashed potatoes....this is going to be a challenge!
Last edited by Darlyne on November 26th, 2008, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Darlyne's Food Log

Post by robnveronica »

so far so good Darlyne!!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Good for you! That looks yummy!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Atta girl, Darylen...you can do it...WELCOME ABOARD!

Doreen
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

By George, I think she's got it!!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Darlyne, haven't heard from you in awhile and just wondering how you are doing?  I hope you are finding ldl easy to do and are feeling better every day.  If you need support, please post and we will be there for you. 

Pray you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Carrole
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Darlyne,

Please don't think that because you've posted here about your resolution to lose weight and then (maybe) forgot that resolution during the Christmas season that you can't come back.  We have all BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!  The only reason we are having any success at all is because we keep coming back and finding the encouragement and advice we need to succeed. We're looking forward to your return, whether you've eaten those potatoes or not!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

patsyfay wrote:Darlyne,

Please don't think that because you've posted here about your resolution to lose weight and then (maybe) forgot that resolution during the Christmas season that you can't come back.  We have all BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!  The only reason we are having any success at all is because we keep coming back and finding the encouragement and advice we need to succeed. We're looking forward to your return, whether you've eaten those potatoes or not!!

Pat

AMEN!  WELL SAID!  Come back, Darlyne, we're waiting with open arms!

Doreen