Beth B's new journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Beth B.

Beth B's new journal

Post by Beth B. »

I've been gone for a while and off track, but I am glad to be back.  Today has gone well.  Had a mild headache.

Breakfast:  carrots and apple juiced w/ a shot of wheat-grass
Lunch:  Lots of LDL soup
Snack:  a banana
Dinner:  cantaloupe, popcorn
Snack:  frozen grapes
True
New, but learning

Re: Beth B's new journal

Post by True »

Welcome and many blessings to you. Love the frozen grapes, too! I have at least two fruit smoothies a day! Enjoying the fruit and soup...
You commented on my site about how we are both have about the same weight to lose and we have gone off and now have come back! Well, I hope you success and get over the headache! Take care and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

Welcome back Beth!!!  Merry Christmas
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Nice to have you back!

You headache may be your body telling you it is getting rid of all the toxins.  However, if you are a coffee drinker and haven't had a cup today that might also be the reason.

Merry Christmas and a Happy LDL New Year!
dinker

Post by dinker »

Congratualtions on being so committed to loosing weight that you started to get back on track right at holiday time.
Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks for the encouragement!

My old ticker has magically reappeared, but I cannot remember my pin code to update it.  Guess I'll have to make a new one.

We have an ice storm coming our way so I am going to get out this morning to get last minute things done.  With ice storms there is always the possibility we could lose power so I want to be ready.

So far today I've had carrot/apple/wheat-grass juice.  I am going to have more fruit.  I need to get a part for my blender so I can make smoothies again and will try to take care of that today too.  There is a really good juice bar in town and I am going to treat myself to a smoothie there.  They make them with just fruit--no mixers. 

I'm making Wendy's stir-fry for lunch--can't wait to try it!
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Got my ticker changed!
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

Sounds like you are busy getting everything in gear in case of a ice storm; wish you the best! You're Wendy's stir-fry sounds really good too! I'll have to look for that one! Yes, smoothies are so good and it is like treating yourself everyday and any time too! Best of everything to you and having a calm, peaceful and joy-filled Christmas!
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thank you True! 

I ended up not taking the time to fix the stir-fry today.  Wendysgoodnews has the recipe in her journal on page 11. 

Picked up my daughter and we did some last minute errands together then met my husband for dinner at Lone Star.

Breakfast:  carrot/apple/wheat-grass juice
                2 oranges, banana
Lunch:      LDL soup
Dinner:      small handful of peanuts--just couldn't/wouldn't wait for the salad:)
                dinner salad minus croutons & cheese
                sweet potato (plain)
Snack:      frozen grapes and maybe some popcorn

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Beth,

My favorite stir fry is below and it is on the Main Dish topic. It is quick and easy and tastes so good. However, I do make changes to the recipe (my notes follow the recipe).

Kelli's Shrimp Stir-Fry

1 C. Frozen Shrimp, tails off 50-70 count bag.  Rinse and set aside.

In a bowl combine:
1/2 Package Broccoli Slaw (does NOT taste like broccoli when cooked here)
1 Medium Sweet Onion, sliced into slivers
4 Celery stalks, sliced
1/2 Small can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
5 Fresh mushrooms, sliced

In a cup combine 1-2 TBS. cornstarch and 3/4 C. Vegetable broth, set aside

In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 TBS. oil over medium-high heat, until oil starts to glisten, but not smoke.
Pour in vegetables, and stir until 3/4 cooked (still crunchy)
Add shrimp, and stir until heated.
Add cornstarch mixture.  Stir until cornstarch sets.  Remove from heat.  Salt to taste with Sea Salt or low sodium soy sauce.

Notes: I buy large frozen shrimp and rinse it until it is thawed and then I remove the tails.  I use the whole package of broccoli slaw, the whole can of water chestnuts, 1/2 of an 8 oz. package of sliced fresh button mushrooms and stir fry it in olive oil.  I use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in the vegetable broth (I use Emeril's broth) because I like the sauce to stick to the veggies and shrimp.

Merry Christmas -- Vicki
Last edited by VickiLynn on December 26th, 2009, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks Vicki, that looks really good!  Unfortunately I am very allergic to shrimp, but I could substitute chicken.  I really appreciate all the recipes and ideas.  Can you believe Christmas is in two days????  I'm so glad I restarted now instead of waiting until after the holidays.  I already can tell a difference.

Last night I was rereading the LDL book and the sentence "no potatoes of any kind" just jumped off the page at me! I don't know how I had forgotten that--I remembered no white potatoes but I thought the sweet potato was okay.  Well, I know now.

Today I woke up very early with a horrible headache.  Probably caffeine withdrawal.

Breakfast:  fresh fruit
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Vicki,
Congratulations on reaching your goal!  I just read that in Twoshoes journal.  That has got to be a great feeling going into the holidays and new year knowing you met your goal!
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Christmas Day and all is well.  Not perfect but pretty good considering it's Christmas.

Dec. 23
B:  smoothie
L:  salad w/salmon
snack: frozen grapes, banana, popcorn (on road)
D:  vegetable soup (at  a diner)
snack: a few peanuts & 3 hard candies (at in-laws)

Dec. 24
B:  1 egg, small slice ham, 1 piece toast w/butter and jam, 1 glass OJ (at in-laws)
L:  None (on road)
snack: pineapple, coffee with nondairy creamer
dinner: LDL soup, veggies, fruit
later:  1 small piece non LDL dessert, a few cashews

Dec. 25
B: smoothie
snack: 2 pieces chocolate, a few cashews (I shouldn't have left them sitting out)
L:  LDL soup
snack: 1 saltine cracker w/ thin layer of chocolate spread, popcorn, fruit
D:  1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 cantaloupe, LDL soup
snack: fresh fruit, tea

I'm feeling full after meals but still getting hungry for snacks.  Not craving anything specific; it's probably more being off routine and having down time.
Last edited by Beth B. on December 25th, 2009, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Beth B. wrote:I'm feeling full after meals but still getting hungry for snacks.  Not craving anything specific; it's probably more being off routine and having down time.

Nice to see you posting more and more.  I know when you get back to eating LDL the correct way, those cravings will cease; just remember to eat until full or even stuffed.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks Vickilynn, Yesterday just seemed like a very long day!  Today I plan to get back on LDL 100%!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Hi Beth, I too have been gone from LDL for a while and have re-started today. I will be coming to these boards often for the help and encouragement and ideas that I need to have a successful journey.  Together we can all finish what we started.

Be checking in with you later,
Cookie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back Cookie.  I missed you.  Pam
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Hi Cookie, Glad you're back!  We CAN do this!

Sat. Dec. 26
B: smoothie (I added fresh cranberries to it today--very good)
L:  FF Vegetarian Blk Bean soup and cafe salad w/ dressing on the side, apple (at Panera Bread; ate very little of the vinegar based dressing)
D: 1/2 grapefruit w/1 pkt Splenda, 1 orange, LDL soup, popcorn
Snack: 1 apple

Would have been 100% but I drank some coffee w/ flavored creamer.  It didn't taste very good and I ended up throwing it down the drain.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

It is a winter wonderland here today! Beautiful & peaceful. There is an icicle on my front porch that is about 3 feet long.

B: 2 boiled eggs, 3 corn thins, fruit soup (pineapple in its own juice, apple, cranberries, blueberries, water, cinnamon)
L: LDL soup, apple
D: Nothing
snack: a little bit of cantaloupe and a couple bites of leftover fruit soup

Amazing energy...got up at 5:30 AM, took down Christmas decorations, went to church, got house ready for company, was not tempted by the non LDL food around, and here it is 10PM and I don't feel worn out.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I spent quite a bit of time shoveling out my stuck car.  My emotions took a sudden dive today.  Normally I am a positive and upbeat person.  I feel fine tonight, but I wonder if it has anything to do with my body detoxing.  Has anyone else gone through this?
Last edited by Beth B. on December 27th, 2009, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

B: smoothie
L: fruit, veggie salad
D: Cantaloupe, popcorn

I started the Monday fruit/soup flush today.