Beth B's new journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Beth B.

Re: Beth B's new journal

Post by Beth B. »

9 April 2016

Just read over all my past posts. Every one of them. Wow, it brought back so many memories. I was reminded how the weight seemed to melt off and I even posted my husband's blood sugar readings and success when he joined me. As I was reading my food intake, it didn't seem like I was eating much and then I remembered: I was eating until FULL! Why oh why did I ever get away from LDL!

Well, here I am back again and ready to lose weight for the last time!

Breakfast: homemade spinach, carrot, apple, pear juice (would have had a smoothie but hubby really wanted juice---noticed in my journal that I made a lot of juice early on when I was waiting on a blender replacement part)
grapes
coffee w/splash of almond milk
Lunch: LDL soup
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: salad/cantaloupe

Happy to be back!
Last edited by Beth B. on April 9th, 2016, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Beth! :ymapplause:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

How wonderful to see you. You can do it again. I am re-committing on Monday. Keep us posted as the pounds "melt off."
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thank you Linda and MsHeirloom!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

My friend was telling me yesterday about the juices she made and told me to come over today to try them. She was just diagnosed with Diabetes. I am getting serious myself. Also I am going to include more exercise in my day. Life is filled with choices and we get positive results, with positive options.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

April 10, 2016
Breakfast: grapes, cantaloupe, crustless quiche, 1 slice bacon, coffee w/splash of skim milk
Lunch: black bean soup, fruit smoothie
Dinner: stir-fry veggies
snack: popcorn, handful of trail mix (had this without thinking-not LDL)

April 11, 2016
Breakfast: fruit bowl--strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, banana; coffee w/splash of skim milk
Snack: apple, popcorn
Lunch: roasted chicken with skin removed, ff refried beans w/blk bean and corn salsa, pickles
Dinner:

I am drinking a lot of water.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Hi Ladies,
Glad you are here! It would be a lonely journey without you!

MsHeirloom, I'm happy you are recommitting! I will watch for you to update your journal.

Omalani, fresh made juice is a nice change from smoothie. It doesn't have the fiber in it but all the good stuff goes right into your bloodstream. I'm not a nurse but I read that somewhere--Linda can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking about posting on fb that I'm back on LDL and inviting others to join us. That is a little out of my comfort zone, but it would sure be nice to see these message boards as active as they used to be.

Hope you all have a great day!

Blessings to you!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

So far, so good. I'm pretty sure I am above what it says on my ticker. I'll weigh next Monday- too painful after a weekend of visiting with friends who eat too much sugar and flour!
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the boards could be as active a they once were. They were such an inspiration!!! ;)
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

April 12/16

Great idea to date your posts Beth, it is so confusing as to what is what since the dates have been removed. If everyone could get into the habit, it would really be helpful.

Welcome Back!
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

April 12, 2016
Breakfast: apple, small amount of a mixture of low fat granola, fiber one bran sticks, grape nuts, filled up the rest of the bowl with blueberries, strawberries and banana. (I know the cereal is not LDL but chose the least fattening, smallest amount that would satisfy. Ate the apple first and didn't feel like I could handle anymore straight fruit)
Lunch: roasted veggies, chicken, black beans
Dinner: salad
snack: bananas
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

April 13, 2016

MsHeirloom, hope your week is going well! These message boards have been so encouraging to me.

Cameron, Thanks, I agree, dates on the posts would be helpful!

Hope everyone's day is off to a good start!

Breakfast: juiced kale, carrot, apple and pear
banana, coffee
Lunch: LDL soup, corn thins
Dinner: grapes
Last edited by Beth B. on April 13th, 2016, 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

4-13-16

Thanks, Beth- Yes, I am back on track and feel so much better emotionally and physically. Sugar and wheat are poison to me. I know better, but succumbed to the temptation of my friend's great cooking.

I am hosting a sewing group meeting today and have soup and salad with some not-good-for-me goodies for those who chose. I am determined to get the rest of my weight off in 2016!

Pam
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

MsHeirloom, sounds like you have a good plan for the day. Glad you are feeling better already!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Beth, for your support and confidence. It went well for me. I'm about to have a leftover salad. Everyone loved the bean soup and appreciated healthy choices. :ymhug:
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/15/16
Been off for a while. I am helping a friend. She got a job working 3 to 11 and I'm staying with her mom. Rachel is 80 and is independent but has arthritis and wants company mostly. Darla has been taking care of her and it is as hard for her to be away as it is for her mom.
I was fasting on Monday and in prayer for several people with cancer. My blood sugar was down to 79 that night so I had a naked juice. I thought about the juicing but I don't like throwing all the fiber and vitamins out I would rather have a smoothie. Tuesday I broke the fast with fruits and veggies. I love your menus Beth. I treat myself with my favorite fruits and don't miss the sugar so much. I have also been having beans which seem to fill me up. I am doing well. It is an advantage being in someone else's home because I don't raid the frige! Life goes on.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

April29, 2016
Hope everyone is having a good week. Omalani, are you still staying with Rachel in the evenings? Looks like your blood sugar is doing well. Ms Heirloom, how is your week?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks for asking, Beth. I have been very good for almost three weeks. I am so pleased with myself and intend to keep the momentum. Hope all is going well with you :ymhug: !
Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

It was Taco soup Tuesday at work today. Fixed a big batch in a 22qt roaster oven for our first Kids Karnival planning meeting. Taco Soup Tuesday is an overwhelming hit. Employees cannot get enough of it. Just wish more were willing to learn how to put it together.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/9/16
How are you doing Beth? We are enjoying a plethora of fresh fruits here in the USA. All the Farmer's markets are starting up again. I wish we had ones like Monterey California. I had my laptop crash last week and have had withdrawal symptoms from our message boards. I have been sitting with my friend's mom every day for the last 2 weeks. Mother's day weekend was difficult with all the festive foods! I am holding steady on the weight which is surprising considering the volume of food I eat. I started yet again this morning and I am now limiting the proportions. Last I heard the dietary regulations now call for 9 servings of fruits and veggies. Adjusting to changes is part of growing old, but life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/12/16
Beth I am in Ankeny. My phone number is (580) 917-2454. I will be leaving on Tues. morning. Call me tomorrow so we can plan a time to meet. Having a great time. Life is sweet.
Aloha,
Leilani