Beth B's new journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Beth B.

Re: Beth B's new journal

Post by Beth B. »

Thank you for your prayers! I was finally able to get to the grocery store and get some iron rich foods. I read that lentils are high in iron so I made soup tonight. I've really been feeling very good, but I do get tired more quickly. I went for a walk tonight and plan to go to exercise class tomorrow night. I'm ready to be back to normal!

This morning I had the opportunity to deliver school uniforms to some very impoverished children at a public school. Our last team had pitched in purchase uniforms, track suits, shoes and socks. One of the social workers from this district bought them each a school bag. We arrived at the school in time for assembly and the sang lots of songs--all of them Christian songs and they had prayer--you wouldn't see that at a public school in the US! I'll be posting some pictures on FB.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:thumbsup:
You are such a blessing  :angel:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Hi All,
Just been catching up on everyone's posts! I cannot believe that it's been 80 days since I updated my ticker! Where does the time go??? I will try to remember to weigh and update in the morning. We just got back to Africa on Thursday night. It's nice to have the weekend to relax and unpack. Tomorrow we will go to one of our favorite churches here--VERY spirited and heartfelt worship!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Beth
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Well, just updated my ticker. Had a good day today. Exercise class tonight with a Walk Away the Pounds dvd. Also walked for about an hour earlier. I would like to lose 10 pounds by mid-August.  That's two months from now so I think it is doable if I stay focused.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Beth B,
Congratulations on your weight loss! You have done so well :thumbsup:
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!  :thumbsup:

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks for the encouragement! I am so easily side-tracked that it has taken me a while to lose it (about 3 years), but I am so happy that it is staying off. That has never happened before with any other plan I have tried. I love LDL! 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome back home!!!  Hope you have a wonderful summer. You are doing well with LDL. :thumbsup: JF
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thank you Joyful Friend, It is good to be back on the message boards! I may not be able to post the next several days though because we are going to be out of town. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Beth B. wrote:Thanks for the encouragement! I am so easily side-tracked that it has taken me a while to lose it (about 3 years), but I am so happy that it is staying off. That has never happened before with any other plan I have tried. I love LDL! 

Welcome home, Beth.  The old adage "slow and steady wins the race" fits you to a tee!  And, keeping those pounds off is a testament too for LDL.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

VickiLynn, you are right about the slow and steady. I am amazed that when I get off track, I do not gain it all back. We've had a US team here and I've been fluctuating 2 pounds the entire 10 days--the weight I was at before they arrived and 2 pounds under--it does not make any sense to me other then maybe I am at a plateau. I also think that the plan has become so routine that even though I am eating things I shouldn't, I'm still sticking with the basic principles automatically. They leave tomorrow and I will be on a normal schedule for a few days before the next team arrives on Friday so I plan to make some soup (it's winter here in South Africa) and my goal is still to lose 10 pounds before I go back to Iowa mid-August.

Tonight the team surprised me with birthday cake and ice cream. Most days I have been walking 3 miles with the team and we still do our twice a week exercise class.  We are up to 4 miles with Leslie Sansone.

One of our team members has checked out the LDL site and hopefully will join us here on the boards. She will be a great addition if she does.

Beth
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thinking of you!
Bless you!
Until later...

Beth(Ann)  :rose:
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Beth, it was wonderful to meet you! You are looking wonderful! What a great hostess you are!
And thanks for Smoothies!  :)
I was especially impressed with the Pumpkin one! Delicious!
You inspired me this last Wed. to make one. It did turn out pretty good but not quite as good as yours. You will have to give me some more hints!!  ;)

Praying for you (and for your ministry that God has so obviously called you to.)  :rose:
Love in Jesus Beth(Anne)  ;) 
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Hi Everyone!
Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted!

I wanted to make a pumpkin smoothie this morning and it's a funny coincidence that Bethann's last post to me back in November 2011 mentioned a pumpkin smoothie! It was so fun to get to meet her in person last year. Bethann, her husband Rod, and brother Dan drove to Iowa for a cousin's wedding and stayed with us. Turned out, the couple attends the same church I do but a different service so we had never met! Some day I am going to go to Canada to visit them as well! We had such a wonderful few days together. It was like I had always known them.

It's been a challenging year. I have gained back some of what I've lost so I will have to adjust my ticker. This plan works when followed!

I found the pumpkin smoothie recipe I was looking for and made a few tweaks. It is delicious!  Here's what I did:

1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. lite almond milk
2 fairly level spoons of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 banana
2 spoons pineapple juice
1 spoon vanilla
2 large spoons chickpeas
generous sprinkle of cinnamon
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh Beth, that sounds wonderful especially with the Chickpeas!
Thanks for sharing!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Beth, this is the first time I have posted in a long time as well!
I have had such an intense year so busy with care for my Mom etc.!
But One of the highlights was visiting you! So fun to see you and so God ordained!!!
Please do come and visit us in Canada some time! We would be thrilled to have you here! :rose:

Oh yes, and thank you for the recipe for the Pumpkin Smoothie. I did try one making at home but it wasn't as good as yours.  :)

I am getting help right now from a Nutritionist and she recommends beans as well. I just needed some extra help to get back on track from this very intense year!
Take Care and God bless...
Wish you lived closer!!!

Love In Jesus, Bethann
Last edited by Bethann on November 28th, 2012, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Happy to be back!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welco0me back Beth
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Beth
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Missing you Beth, how are things going. Drop us a line when you can, we miss your posts.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11