Beth B's new journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Beth B.

Re: Beth B's new journal

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks Vicki and happy belated anniversary to you!  We just celebrated 21 years.

My daughter and I went through all my clothes and we were RUTHLESS!!  I have plenty of room in my closet now!  We came across my mother's wedding dress and Kels tried it on--it looked beautiful on her!  My parents got married in 1953; I got my photo album out to show her pics of my mother on her wedding day.  Of course, I kept the wedding dress!

We went out to dinner with friends tonight and they wanted to know what I've been doing--they said I looked 10 years younger.  Yesterday when I was talking to a friend about LDL, I realized that on my ticker my start weight is what I weighed on Jan. 1st.  I restarted before Christmas in December, but I guess I didn't weight myself at that time.  I know in late November I weight 238 so I am actually down 36 pounds.  I'm going to go ahead and change my ticker to show this.

B: coffee
mid-afternoon: banana
D: salad, salmon
Snack orange

I was really busy today and just didn't think about food--this is amazing to me!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Beth B. wrote:My daughter and I went through all my clothes and we were RUTHLESS!!  I have plenty of room in my closet now!  We came across my mother's wedding dress and Kels tried it on--it looked beautiful on her!  My parents got married in 1953; I got my photo album out to show her pics of my mother on her wedding day.  Of course, I kept the wedding dress!

RUTHLESS is the only way to go when cleaning out our closets to get rid of clothes that no longer fit -- good for you!  Also, your daughter is one lucky lady to have her grandmother's wedding dress and to have it fit her.  My granddaughters won't have that because my youngest sister wore my wedding dress and veil and I don't know what happened to it after her special day.

Beth B. wrote: We went out to dinner with friends tonight and they wanted to know what I've been doing--they said I looked 10 years younger.  Yesterday when I was talking to a friend about LDL, I realized that on my ticker my start weight is what I weighed on Jan. 1st.  I restarted before Christmas in December, but I guess I didn't weight myself at that time.  I know in late November I weight 238 so I am actually down 36 pounds.  I'm going to go ahead and change my ticker to show this.

Losing weight does make us look younger so I am happy for you that someone complemented you.  Also, congratulations on the 36 lbs you have lost since November.  LDL rocks!  In fact, I had my yearly checkup with my doctor on Thursday and she commented on my weight loss and said I looked really good!  She then asked how I lost the weight so I told her about LDL. The only thing she was concerned about was the no dairy, but I told her I take a calcium supplement for my bones.  She said I was doing the right thing.  She then said the LDL way of eating is probably a plan she would recommend to her patients so when I got home I emailed her the link to the LDL website so she could look for herself.  I'll check back with her later about her thoughts on our way of eating.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

36 lbs! Wow!  :rose: I'm impressed!

Take Care!  :rose:
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

I am so happy to be back on track!  Just weighed and I'm down AND I'm under 200.  Happy day!  Here's the link to another thread I've been posting on if you are interested.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=9899.0
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

I'm going to give another try at posting what I eat.

B: coffee w/splenda
   smoothie
walked 1.5 hours
L: soup
    half cantelope
D: de-lettuced salad w/grilled salmon (at restaurant--I ordered the salmon w/no sides and made my own salad at the salad bar)
    frozen grapes

I had a bag of cut up veggies left over from a veggie tray so I put them in the blender with a bit of V8 juice, browned hamburger and onion, and combined it with the veggie base on the stove and added 2 cans pinto beans and a little more V8 to thin it down a bit.  I seasoned it with Monterry Steak seasoning. I made this yesterday and texted my son "made soup" he called me right away from work--he was on his way to get fast food for dinner.  Perfect timing, I met him at work with a "Jethro bowl" of this hearty and healthy soup.  He loved it!

Met an intresting guy on my walk today. His name is Mark Turner and he is walking across America to raise money and awareness for clean water in 3rd world countries.  We later took him out to dinner and got to know him better.  He is almost 1/2 way.  Very inspiring!
Last edited by Beth B. on September 30th, 2010, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Oct. 1
B: smoothie
    Book club brunch--nothing LDL so I ate small portions
L: Panera's--ff veg soup & apple
    popcorn
D: Restaurant--salad bar

Oct. 2
B: 1/2 cantelope, banana, coffee
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Well, I journaled one day!  Been out of town for a few days and wasn't on the computer. 
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Hi Beth!  :rose:
I'm serious about loosing again! I'm tired of maintaining! I told my oldest son Derek (on Skype) he would have a new Mother when I pick him up in Wpg. at the airport in December so I would like to loose more weight by then. (Also He hasn't seen me since I lost the 30 lbs.)
How are you doing?
I have missed you!
*hug* Beth
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Wow Bethanne, Derek will be so impressed!  I've had a break through this week and I am also serious about losing more and not just maintaining.  It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.  I've been pulled in every direction like you, so we will just have to keep encouraging each other to stick with it!  I'm so impressed that you are completely off of coffee!  Good for you!

Beth

PS I've missed you too!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

lol I wondered if you would notice I was off of coffee!  :D Days like today I sure feel tempted to drink it again! I do feel better with out it though but I LIKE coffee and the pick up it can bring! Maybe when I get stronger I can have it now and then! (I tell myself I lived with out it for the first 45 years of my life so I can live without it again.)
Yes, I was thinking this morning that you must feel pulled in every direction also! Good way to put it! Oh Beth, I have never considered myself a strong person but I know that God is allowing this in my life for my good (and like you I do want to be a blessing to others).
Yes!!! We will have to keep encouraging each other!  :rose:
*hug*
and love from Beth (Ann) (e)  :)
Familiar but so true....Proverbs 3: 5&6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." I am so thankful for God's work and His Word and the comfort it brings!  *love*
Last edited by Bethann on October 15th, 2010, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

2 more pounds down and my husband and I are both down another size!  I'm off to change my ticker!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Wonderful!  :rose:
...and you both are down a size! That's amazing! Fantastic! And congratulations!  :rose:
I love  *love* LDL!

Beth(Ann) (e)  :happy:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations Beth B.
Your goal is getting very close now!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Congratulations Beth B.!  You are such an inspiration to me and I am sure to others!  *love*
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Hi everyone!
I haven't posted in almost 2 months, but today I am having a leasurely morning before church.

Just as I wrote that first line, I received a phone call that we are leaving for church in 1/2 hour! Leasurely is over!

We arrived back in South Africa Jan. 5 and last night I started going through my clothes in an attempt to find something to wear to church today.  All the skirts and slacks I've tried on so far are way too big (I've been gone for 6 months, I should have known).  Now we're leaving in a 1/2 hour and I still don't know what I am going to wear, so I'd better sign off and get busy.

This month I should have plenty of time to be on the boards.  I've missed everyone!  Happy New Year!

Beth

PS Watermelon is in season here and I just had some for breakfast:)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations Beth
Having nothing to wear because everything is too big sure beats having nothing to wear because everything is too tight! :thumbsup:
I remember standing in front of a clset full of clther crying, just 3 months after getting married. Nothing in my closet fit. :thumbdown:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

That is so true Linda! I did finally find something to wear but I just didn't feel good in it. I'm going into town tomorrow and maybe I'll get a chance to shop for a new skirt.  At the churches we go to here all the women wear a skirt or dress.

Well, I'm off to make my grocery list. After thinking about it, we were only back in the States for 4.5 months not 6 months like I said before.

Linda, you are doing great with your weight loss!  Thanks for always being so encouraging!

Beth
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thinking of you! Take Care!  :rose:
Love Beth(Ann)
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks Bethanne,  I'm thinking of you too. I hope you don't run into any bad weather taking your daughter back to school.

I don't have a scale here but I think I've lost the few pounds I gained over Christmas.  I haven't had any soda and only a total of 3 cups of coffee since I've been back to Africa. I'm drinking water and herbal tea. I hadn't had any processed foods or desserts other than fruit until tonight. I made some sugar free pudding w/low fat milk. I've been walking every day and I'm starting an exercise group on tues. and thurs. We'll just use dvds. I just decided it's too far to the gym and I am going to do arm and leg exercises in the AM, walk in the evening and then the exercise group.

I went clothes shopping today. With my new motto being "If I don't love it, I don't buy it" I tried on 13 items, came home with 3 and not sure I even love them enough to keep them.  I did not find a skirt but I only had 20 minutes so I only got in one store.

I am determined to be down to 190 before the team from my hometown church arrives mid-Feb. I am also determined to plan the menus and purchase groceries as much in advance as I can and not get stressed out. There will be 29 of them.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Excellent! You have done great!  :rose:
Christmas didn't go as well for me but I'll do better now!  :thumbsup:
It is good to have goals! As they say: If you aim at nothing you will hit it!  :D
Take Care and enjoy Africa! It sounds wonderful!
*hug*
Beth(Anne)  :)