Beth B's new journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Beth B's new journal

Post by VickiLynn »

Beth B. wrote:Thanks for the encouragement! I am so easily side-tracked that it has taken me a while to lose it (about 3 years), but I am so happy that it is staying off. That has never happened before with any other plan I have tried. I love LDL! 

Welcome home, Beth.  The old adage "slow and steady wins the race" fits you to a tee!  And, keeping those pounds off is a testament too for LDL.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

VickiLynn, you are right about the slow and steady. I am amazed that when I get off track, I do not gain it all back. We've had a US team here and I've been fluctuating 2 pounds the entire 10 days--the weight I was at before they arrived and 2 pounds under--it does not make any sense to me other then maybe I am at a plateau. I also think that the plan has become so routine that even though I am eating things I shouldn't, I'm still sticking with the basic principles automatically. They leave tomorrow and I will be on a normal schedule for a few days before the next team arrives on Friday so I plan to make some soup (it's winter here in South Africa) and my goal is still to lose 10 pounds before I go back to Iowa mid-August.

Tonight the team surprised me with birthday cake and ice cream. Most days I have been walking 3 miles with the team and we still do our twice a week exercise class.  We are up to 4 miles with Leslie Sansone.

One of our team members has checked out the LDL site and hopefully will join us here on the boards. She will be a great addition if she does.

Beth
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thinking of you!
Bless you!
Until later...

Beth(Ann)  :rose:
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Beth, it was wonderful to meet you! You are looking wonderful! What a great hostess you are!
And thanks for Smoothies!  :)
I was especially impressed with the Pumpkin one! Delicious!
You inspired me this last Wed. to make one. It did turn out pretty good but not quite as good as yours. You will have to give me some more hints!!  ;)

Praying for you (and for your ministry that God has so obviously called you to.)  :rose:
Love in Jesus Beth(Anne)  ;)