Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
SweetRose7

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by SweetRose7 »

Linda,

Are you still on the boards? I am really into the LDL programme after being away a long time. Roger did write me back but I haven't heard from anyone else since I've posted. Hope you are doing well!

SweetRose7
SweetRose7
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

10-23-18
These boards are VERY slow, Sweet Rose. I am so glad to see you here and doing so well! Keep doing what you are doing!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

10-23-18
These boards are VERY slow, Sweet Rose. I am so glad to see you here and doing so well! Keep doing what you are doing!
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

So good to hear from you MsHeirloom! I thought you had left; I'm happy you're still on here! How are you doing? I am hoping that the other ''regulars'' will come back, too!

SweetRose7
SweetRose7
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I check in almost every day. I need to get serious again, but have kept off last least 60#. I will be ever grateful for this plan and my improved health. You are doing great and are an inspiration!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So thankful to God and Roger that the boards are upgraded now and running. I am still learning how to use some of the new features.
I was privileged to be able to read the manuscript of Roger's new LDL book and was so inspired that suddenly the cravings were gone and appetite suppressed that I began loosing weight. Two co-workers have recently had bariatric surgery and I hope to show that you can get the same results by following LDL. I've not lost enough yet that others have noticed, but I noticed clothes getting loose again!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The website is also updated and in the process of being revised. I am a little slow but learning.
Stay tuned for more changes

Just some recent musings:
  • I am still trying to get on board with eat until full. My head is still telling me PORTION CONTROL.
    But when I limit the amount I eat when hungry, I never feel satisfied, and I therefore continue to eat small portions all day amounting to more food than if I had eaten until full and walked away
  • I have found it helpful to me to look at food and food combinations as either fat-burning or fat-building. The foods eliminated from the LDL plan are gone because they are fat-building. Eating a lot of fat-burning foods will do just that.....Burn Fat!
  • Do not ignore constipation. As I fell off plan, I was craving something to munch on. I started chewing on soft ice (after all, water is calorie-free). That is a very addicting habit and consequently I became VERY anemic. I became very constipated supplementing with iron. I noticed that wen I did not empty my bowels completely, I was constantly hungry. I finally realized the anemia was probably a B12 anemia (possibly the ice destroying B12 in my stomach. I started taking a Magnesium supplement. The side effect of over-dosing on Magnesium is diarrhea
  • I am not completely on plan every day but I am slowly loosing. :-BD
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, I have survived Covid. Kinda bitter sweet since the nurse who worked beside me passed away last week. I have lost more weight and actually dropped under 190#. Greatful for that also. Hope everyone is doing well this cold winter. I'm ready for spring!
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sad to say I am up 3 pounds since last post. I am pretty much fully recovered from Covid in Jan and Feb. I will blame it on job stress (doing 3 full time jobs at work) and the fatigue that accompanies Covid. I come home exhaused and no energy to preoare anything fir supper, let alone prepare a healthy lunch for the next work day. Started buying more gluten free foods for now. Not recommended for weight loss, but just trying to get off wheat.
Think I did better when I worked from home.
Gonna start stocking the refidg at work with a bid jar of Dole Grapefruit slices, and bags of salad fixins for lunch. Hopefully that will get my energy level up. As soon as they get another RN in the clinic, I can start taking some leave. I LOVE 3 DAY WEEKENDS!!!
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Back up another 4 lbs last week. Hubby has decided to quit bread, pasta and crackers. Weight down again this week. Still trying to break 190. Have some water retention issues in my lower legs due to salty popcorn chips.
Trying to be more diligent. Texas Caviar was a hit at the employee picnic. Today is greens and cornbread day. Make cornbread without flour to be LDL legal. Works best with white cornmeal though.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Starting back down again, another 3 pounds. Staying more consistent with LDL now.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Had a HORRIBLE bout of sciatica in my right hip and leg to the point that I was in constant pain even walking slowly. One of the doctors at our hospital felt sorry for me and called in a prednisone dose pack. It works wonders but you cannot stay on prednisone long term, so after the pain was nearly gone, I have been careful not to strain or twist that leg, and really go gluten-free to stop the inflammation. It is working and I feel so much better. Weight is coming down again also.
Linda