Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by LINDA RN »

Weighed and updated my ticker the other day. Down 2 pounds. Getting farther away from Twoterville. I had come dangerously close. Son has moved back from Tennessee, and I am busier now and eating less. Hoping to get more off soon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good for you. I have been eating out more and I have 2 good days then manage to blow it for a meal or 2. I had nachos at a friends house last nite and I suffered with heartburn. So I am back on, had my spinach smoothie for breakfast this morning and was a little hungry after water aerobics but couldn't eat so will have lunch when I get home and a smoothie at nite. Life has ups and downs. I need balance in my life.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Oma and Linda- I'm with both of you! I have been struggling since I had the two hip surgeries and have slowed down and am semi-retired. I think that every Monday I am going to to start being successful. I have dabbled in Paleo and high-protein, low carb. Guess what. After 6 months of experimenting, I still weigh the same as I did New Years Day- and that is 31# over my goal weight.

This morning, Linda (Pooter) wrote to me. We have promised to be accountable to each other. I am returning to LDL with the determination that I had 6 years ago. I love the plan; I know it works, and I have no idea why I thought I could find anything that worked better! I repent and resolve to do better and give LDL my all!!!

Let's do this once and for all!!! I hate my new ticker information!!!!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am in for it. No more cheats!! That little something fattening is always the open door to the past. I am eating cottage cheese and yogurt though for protein because I am cutting way down on the meat, especially red meat. I am taking a can opener on the California caravan and will be eating lots of beans. Maybe I will fast for the first part of the trip and stop somewhere that serves breakfast 24 hours. That way I can have eggs with my salad. I will take boiled eggs, fruit and veggies in a cooler and lots of water. I will also tell my grandsons not to order something with fries if they are not going to eat them!! [-( Life is a journey to the promise land. God has promised and I can trust Him.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

We can do this together!
Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Yes, you can. I feel much better when I eat healthy. Now is the time for fresh fruits and veggies. They are so delicious. So glad to see your determination! Love you gals! JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

We love you, too, Wanda. How are you doing? I have 5 full days of 100% LDL under my belt! I feel better and have more energy already!
Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Great to hear from you Wanda. Was thinking about you yesterday.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am inspired! This is one vacation that I am not going to gain weight on. I have been stalled for too long. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well I just thought I was stress eating. Today I was on stress overload and decided to show my rear and be antisocial at a pot luck salad bar today. Ate an overripe banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter around 10:30 am. Worked through lunch packing up my personal things and continued to work an hour and 15 min into my scheduled leave. It is 7:30 pm and still no supper. Gone this long; will just do without.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well I just thought I was stress eating. Today I was on stress overload and decided to show my rear and be antisocial at a pot luck salad bar today. Ate an overripe banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter around 10:30 am. Worked through lunch packing up my personal things and continued to work an hour and 15 min into my scheduled leave. It is 7:30 pm and still no supper. Gone this long; will just do without.
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Linda, I am not seeing any messages on the board, are you there. I sent you 2 PM's duplicates because I didn't know if it went through. Send me a message in a bottle, I will be looking for it on the beach at Lover's point! =))
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

The kids went down to Lover's point because there was supposed to be a bottle with a message in it and I giggled because I thought it might be from you! =))
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Are you moving to a different area? I don't understand...... you have done so much in so many different areas for that hospital!! You have straightened out the messes others made, got them through JCOHA accreditation, taught computer skills and set up formats. Don't get me started!! They treat you like Cinderella but you and I know our Father is a King and the ministry of healing is His work and the glory belongs to Him. You have come this far with Him and He will carry you through. Life belongs to the Life Giver and we are only temps here on earth. He went to prepare our eternal home and He said we are gonna like it there. Best of all, we will see Him face to face and live without bills, sickness, death and sorrow. Hang in there girl friend. :ymhug:
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

All you can eat watermelon for supper works wonders. Down another 1 1/2 pounds!
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

May 2, 2016

Check out this story: http://flip.it/LLVDV from Flipboard.

Gives some insight as to why maintaining a significant weight loss is difficult
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

From Joyce Meyer: "Learn to do everything you do for God's glory, including eating. Look at your dinner plate and ask if what you are about to eat is mostly what God created for you. Don't view eating as a secular event that has nothing to do with your relationship with God. Don't forget that God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and told them what they could eat.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

From Joyce Meyer: "Learn to do everything you do for God's glory, including eating. Look at your dinner plate and ask if what you are about to eat is mostly what God created for you. Don't view eating as a secular event that has nothing to do with your relationship with God. Don't forget that God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and told them what they could eat.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

12-7-17
Food for thought. What a beautiful post, Linda!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

5/23/18
Love your post from December last year. I am changing what I eat!! I will be eating a lot of my faves frequently so I am not tempted to overdo my meals so much. When ever I feel free to eat when ever I want and as much as I want it doesn't turn out well and I am maintaining with small fluctuations but I want to get serious about One-derland. Life is about changes and good choices that behcome good habits.
Aloha,
Leilani