Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by LINDA RN »

The weight is finally starting to fall again. Down another 1 1/2 pounds for a total of 4 lbs this month.
I'm a happy camper!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- I am so happy for you!!! Good job ;) ;) ;) ! I, too, am recommitting. My weight has crept up a bit with dealing with 3 surgeries, pain, not being able to cook for myself, the holidays, self-pity… Monday it is. I'll step on the dreaded scales, put nothing unhealthy into my mouth, and pick up my activity level. Nip this right now!!!!! You are an inspiration. Keep it up, Linda!
Pam
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

We can do this thing!! I need to talk to DH because cooking him special things is more time and tasting in the kitchen. He may need to learn to cook for himself!! I am recommiting myself to this wonderful WOE. I had some corn chowder the old way and will try the LDL version next week. When I was doing well, I was eating lots of soups so I will get on the recipe board and do well again. ;) How long till you retire?? and start living the good life??
Last edited by omalani on February 15th, 2014, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Linda and Pam, you are both such an inspiration to all of us and I know you will both get to where you want to be. I love Omalani's positive attitude too.

So glad that the worst is behind you Pam, it is easy to understand that all of those factors could contribute to a bit of weight sneaking back on, but as you say, the best thing is to nip it in the bud.
Swimsuit weather is coming! ;)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My uniforms were getting so tight I could barely squeeze in them.
I refuse to go to a larger size.
I HAD to nip it.
It was disappointing to see the clothes still getting tighter last month in spite of eliminating the goodies.
But I know from experience that the train is still moving once the brakes are set and then it takes a while to get up speed in the reverse direction. Its at this point that a lot of people cave and think they just can't loose. So they revert back to comfort foods and it looks like they are loosing not realizing that this weight loss is from the time they were eating well. It is just a delayed manifestation.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I decided to follow one of Roger Troy's suggestion and do a Soup and Fruit Flush. On Friday and for all of today, I have been eating only fruit and soup that has no meat...but I've been eating till I'm satisfied. I also decided that as long as all my soups always have veggies, I would add those in as snacks. I thought it would be difficult, but I'm surprised at how easy it is. I may do this every Friday and Saturday until I really get over this weight that I'm stuck on. God bless all of you as you push through...you'll make it!!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lots of great motivation. Thanks, Cameron, for the reminder about swimsuit weather. Imagine how great my 67 year old body will look with two nice long scars on my left outer leg. Ahh! A thing of beauty, indeed :)) ;) !!!!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Be proud of your battle scars, you were not defeated and live to fight another day. God is Good.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Battle scars! I like that. Thanks, Oma!
:x :ymhug:
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the motivation. I am beginning a soup and fruit flush today. My pants are very tight and I will not go to a larger size.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WhooHoo
Was not expecting this but on a whim decided to check to make sure I was not gaining.
I was down 2 more pounds!
I have also discovered that sublingual B12 is what strengthens my fingernails.
I could see results within a week!
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go Linda!!!! Also, thanks for the hint about strengthening fingernails. Mine have been awful since the first of my three surgeries since July!
Keep up the good work! ;;) ;;)
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

That's wonderful Linda, I am very happy for you.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well I did it again. Started snacking on soft ice after binging over the holidays on all the sweet treats and determining to get the added pounds back off.
I was not craving ice at all. I was craving something to chew on and ice has no calories and is the added benefit of plain water.
Buttt...again it caused anemia. I don't understand how but this past week I was turned down for blood donation for a low hematocrit. It was 35 when mine is normally 40. I suddenly remembered that this happened a couple years ago and when I stopped eating the ice I was able to donate again.
I know it does not make any sense at all except one article that said obcessive eating of ice with no nutrient value decreases your intake of food that does have nutritional value. I have thought back and realized I have not been eating enough red meat....barely one small serving once a week or less. Been eating veggies, chicken, eggs and beans mostly.
So I will have to stop the ice and increase the red meat. I don't do well on iron supplements. Maybe if I did get more red meat I might not be so hungry??? A thought worth pondering.
Linda

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Linda, I know for a fact when I don't eat enough red meat I am more hungry than when I do. I tried the vegetarian thing once and I felt awful after a week. I know that it works for many people, but for me I need the red meat in my diet. My family and friends all tease me now because whenever somebody wants to go out to eat they will ask me, "Where do you want to go?" I always respond, "Somewhere where I can get red meat." :D I hope it helps you too. *HUGS* I had no idea ice could do that to a person either. Very interesting stuff.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good morning Linda (-| I'm sitting here eating my hot pumpkin smoothie with a spoon and reading your old posts. You always have good hints and encouragement to others. :-* This tastes better than the original! I guess its because the flavors mell. I had it in a jar with a plastic lid so it didn't have that pop when I opened it. I decided to only save the jars with the metal lids and the vaccum top that I can see the indentation when I have a vaccum. I think the salsa jars would work well because they have the same capacity of my large mug. I may start making my pumpkin smoothie a day ahead so the flavors can come alive. Of course you wouldn't approve of heating it up in the microwave. I consume it slower with a spoon so it is more satisfying. I am so glad I haven't weighed and it is getting easier to stay off the scales at the Y, I don't have any at home. If I can make it through the weekdays, I'm not at the Y on weekends. I refuse to let the devil use the scales as a tool to discourage me. God created me and He gave us a way of eating that works and I need to thank God for working it out in my body, even when the results slow down. The miracle is unfolding one day at a time. In the end, I want to be at God's goal line and not at a number on an insurance chart for the ideal weight. Me, me, me, enough about me, let's talk about you. What do you think about me?? =)) Enjoy your weekend rest, cuz - Spring is here and the livin' is easy. Life is good and the redbuds in bloom. Our God is rich and He gives to His children, so hush little children and don't you cry. :)) (that's me singing to you hehe) Ciao
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Linda I was wondering......can you chew gum at work?

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I did but quit mostly because I chomp rather than chew and seeing other people chew made me realize it probably did not look very professional. I proably eat too much fruit that also makes me hungry. Jerky is so expensive and I could really much on a lot more than I could afford. Plus the jerkey in the stores is not natural. Used to buy from a man in Tennessee who made his own with natural ingredients but very pricey. He used store-bought brisket though.
Need to get one of those kettle poppers that also roasts veggies. Maybe also need to determine I am fasting in between meals. I tend to look for something to eat when I feel sleepy or stressed. Have to learn to ignore that for sure. I tend to want to accomplish a lot more than I am physically able to do. I would miss my job when I retire but I am enjoying the restful weekends more and more lately. Hubby and I may commit to only eating from 11am to 7 pm. I think that would help me greatly. I am starved when I get home from work and start snacking. The hubby want a meal usually around dark so I eat again......that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, LOL. But an excuse is all it is! A change is needed for sure.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- I have been, for the most part, limiting my eating to between 11am and 6-7pm for well over a year. I think it's a healthy way to live as it gives our body time to repair, relax, and maybe even burn up some of our fat stores. I discovered when I started LDL that I was much more hungry all day the earlier I started eating so had been delaying breakfast before reading about intermittent fasting. It just makes sense. Most of my eating is just because I'm bored. Now I have an excuse not to eat, even if it is LDL approved. If it's after 7pm, I'm fasting for my health! :D :D :D
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

When I got up this morning, my blood sugar was 103. I had a hot pumpkin smoothie for breakfast at 8-ish then left for church at 9:10AM. I started feeling hunger at 11:45AM, but after the service and VBS meeting it was about 2PM. When I got home my blood sugar was 79, so I had 2 tangerines and some Protein trail mix with no salt. That held me till lunch at 3-ish. Now I am feeling stuffed after a big bowl of broccoli slaw with meat sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. I will weigh on Tuesday before my Dr. appt. and then not again for 2 weeks. I am feeling powerful, because the Lord is my strength. :ymhug:
Last edited by omalani on May 14th, 2014, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.