Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by LittlePrincess »

Linda I saw a pin today on Pinterest that was a salad made with cucumber spirals, tomatoes and feta cheese. I have never thought to use it with cukes. I have some fat little pickling cucumbers. I'm going to try it and I'll let you know. :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Zesti »

Oh, try the kids with the zucchini too. I can just see them "slurping" up the noodles! =)) oh what fun!
Making little meatloaf's shaped like hot dogs, wrapped in the zucchini would look fun to eat too.
Gosh, I have to get mine out and play with it now. Wish I had the kids to do all the swirling..
:ymhug:
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I made meatball subs in hotdog buns for the kids. I got some rye crisps yesterday, and have been enjoying them with garbanzo spread. I will make some hummus today and some more veggie soup. I bought some Adobo seasoning without MSG which adds good flavor to the soup. Summer squash is almost $2/lb. so I am making LP's soup with frozen mixed veggies. I will have to try chicken soup with the Calif. blend veggies. I am basically a Calif. girl you know. I haven't heard much about the fires and we have had cooler weather and a lot of rain so I sure they are out. The household baggage comes tomorrow and I will be so happy to have a real bed to sleep in!! Life is an opportunity to serve God and use His many blessings to bless others.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Hope you are settled in your new home and enjoying your grandchildren. It is a different kind of stress but it is good to have a place in their lives. I will call you when I am back in Ok. Lets do lunch??
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sure!
I was doing great and loosing consistently.......
Then came Pizza. Gary wanted to treat the folks at RVConnection with pizza and I had him get one for us at work since no one had brought lunch. Well, knowing expenses were mounting and savings were dwindling, I just could not thow it out and instead ate 2 pieces for lunch and supper for the next 3 days. Then it was the chippins.....
I have otherwise tried to eat as little as possible but still feel like I gained back part of the 10 lbs I recently lost.
Kids are still with their dad in Louisiana and will be home Aug 2nd. Son will be getting in Aug 2nd from Tennessee to spend a week with us and get some vehicles running again. In the meantime we are still moving stuff around outside getting ready for a fire pit and possibly putting up the pool. Doing lots of sweating. When I see the water retention going down I will weigh again.

Folks at work are asking for soup.
Just too tired to cook.
In this heat all I want to do is sit under the AC and eat soft ice!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well I decided to brave the scales this morning and surprise, surprise! I maintained my loss from a week ago that I never did get around to posting. Stepping on the hospital scales this moring fully dressed with shoes and loaded pockets it was less than expected so I am getting even closer to that half way mark again.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

YAY FOR YOU!!!! :D So happy for you hon.

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good for you, Linda! Weigh to go!
Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks ladies. :-*
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well a week long family reunion and I have been up and down 3 pounds.
but official weigh in on Monday had a net loss of 1 pound!
Linda

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

WOO HOOO! Congrats hon! :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I'm back from Wisconsin and pumped up. It was so inspiring to see all the young people so well mannered and praising our Lord. 4 boys from Ontario asked to pray with me and I told them my grandparent immigrated from Canada and settled in North Dakota. The bread processed foods set up cravings though and I couldn't pig out on veggies like I wanted too. I chose lots of salads though and had spaghetti sauce on rye crisps, it was OK but I would rather have it on veggies. I'll stop by the hosp. to see you soon. Life is good.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

AWESOME! LDL Devotion, gives you happy downward motion...Yeah!!
Tis' a WONDERFUL THING!!
GO GF GO!
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good to be back and after all the swelling went down from the 15 hour bus trip home, I am back to my pre-April weight. So I did not stay the same, I actually lost weight on my camping trip. That was due to eating 3 meals daily with nothing in between. I am on my way to wonderland. Life is a journey.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, Oma!!! Way to go!
Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well it is time to get serious.
Hubbywho was my main motivation fell off the train and gradually strted back on fast food and some comfort foods.
Don't know how much he gained back but we are fixin' to go to a doctor for blood pressure pills. He was off medication for 5 years.
I have gained back nearly 20 lbs from just pure laziness.
It does take effort to cook and prepare. But the time has come to get with it again.
It was nearly 75 degrees here today and feels like spring. No more excuses not to get out and get active.
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Keep it simple Linda. It is good soup weather so make a big batch and eat on it all week. Israeli chickpea soup is a good base and can be turned into so many different soups, like: corn chowder, Southwestern bean chowder (just add salsa, corn and beans) cream of mushroom, broccoli, asparagus or just add greens and a sprinkle of feta cheese. I have had various salads, stuffed eggs, and rye crisps with hummus and sliced tomatoes, or BLT's with rye crisps, bacon bits and sliced tomatoes. I started today with a hot pumpkin smoothie and will have beans and greens soup for lunch. I love this way of eating. Life is good. Don't cry for me Argentina, wish I could have joined Samantha and Ryan, but we had a good time in Dallas on their 11 hour layover. Someday I plan to go to Australia for a summer break in winter. I once had a pen pal in Wagga Wagga Queensland, about 60 years ago. Life is an adventure. I :x life.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I always remember my dad saying that if he had to live outside the US, he would want to live in Australia.
Taco soup at work today!
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

What a great start back to a great way to eat. I am finishing my cabbage soup then I will eat the chickpea soup. Life is souper!
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OMG. Today I was able to hook up my computer tower to the big screen TV and surround sound in our new RV!
Nice to be able to use the computer more again. Smart phone is great but hard to do editing and posting.
I should be able now to work on Avitars now.
Well I can when there is nothing else on TV, LOL
Linda