Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
jencita
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by jencita »

I just noticed that I can't see my ticker - can anyone else see it?
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I figured it out - I have to check attach signature.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

uhm anyone know why my picture doesn't post anymore?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

No clue, except that it took a couple days for mine to show up.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Re: Sundae???

Post by omalani »

Do you have ice cream in your home or do you buy it out? I went to Peach Leaf, 2 weeks ago with my granddaughters and got 1/2 cup SF low fat frozen yogurt then I loaded it with fresh blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple and strawberries. It was so good!! Ice cream has always been a trigger food for me so I don't keep it around. Besides, my freezer is filled with frozen beans, veggies and fruit. lol :))
We will see how it goes at Olive Garden today. I had LDL baked beans for brft. and a pear. Now I'm drinking a lot of water. I love Italian food so this will be challenging. GTG Aloha, Leilani
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I quit buying ice cream a long time ago.
I don't like the SF stuff anyway and there was only one Braum"s flavor (and none in other brans) that did not contain HFCS or Corn Syrup.
I am using frozen fruit and a dab of Greek Yogurt in place of ice cream.
I knew that before LDL, Ice Cream and Ramen Noodles were the quickest way to pack on the pounds so I had to cut both off.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

We have several frozen yogurt places around here - froyo, frozen oasis and menchies. The kids love to go. I load my bowl with the fresh fruit and put a dollop of sugar free fat free frozen yogurt - very satisfying and I don't really miss the ice cream. I just tried the best yogurt ever. Of course it is not LDL but it is by muller?? something like that by quaker - you have to mix in the fruit from the top - it was amazing. I am very picky with yogurt - 140 calories and 1.5 gm of fat.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I restarted pure LDL as of 4/8/2013. I am recommitting myself to this WOE. I plan to eat this way the rest of my life with minimal setbacks. If I eat a non-LDL food I will immediately forgive myself and get right back on track the next day. I feel so much better when I eat this way. I have less heartburn.
Breakfast: refried beans, eggs, grapefruit
Lunch: fruit
dinner:
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

(((((((((hugs))))))))

Just a sidenote....if you guys like banana's you can make some awesome banana ice cream if you have a food processor. Just slice and freeze and then put them in the food processor. It's amazing how close to ice cream it tastes. I tried it with other fruits but didn't get the same mouth feel as with the bananas.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jencita »

I love Banana ice cream!! =)) I'm having a bad day. Tough day at work. I want to eat so badly - the bad foods. So far have not strayed. Had salad and fruit for dinner. God keep me strong please
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Jennie, we haven't heard from you in a while. I know you are very busy with your job, but want you to know that we miss you. I eat your pancakes every Sunday and love, love, love them! :x Every time I eat them I think of you. Linda and I are doing a presentation at the Indian Hospital on July 3rd. We will have LDL foods to sample and tell some of the success stories. Take care of yourself and as Michelle from Hawaii says, perk up little flower, the devil can't keep you down. Aloha, Leilani ( Retirement is good! :D )
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Hi Omalani - thanks for missing me :x I actually was on for a while this morning trying to figure out how to post my picture. It disappeared when we went to the new boards. Of course I could not figure it out. Linda had helped me with that way back when. I have restarted LDL - I was bad for a while - I am 10 pounds up but still 10 pounds down from my original weight loss. I have been fighting depression because I have let myself get out of control. I always wonder why can't I just have a normal relationship to food? :(( Hope all is well with you - I will have to do some reading to catch up.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

just trying to check on my signature
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

awww, Jencita, I am sorry that you have been feeling down in the dumps. You can get back on the wagon,just one day at a time. Most people do slip up from time to time.
That's great that you are still down 10 pounds and I am happy to see that you posted today, and yes the "pancakes" are fabulous. That was a great idea.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

It's hard when you have family that eats non-LDL food, but keep your chin up and DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!! =; "You are smart, you are pretty and people just like you" I had dysthymia for years, I took antidepressive meds but got to the point that I just had numb feelings. Getting off the wheat and sugar helped a lot. Retiring also helped more than you will ever know till you get there. Nurses have so much stress to deal with, working condition and constantly increasing regulations and paperwork; sleep depravation and missing out on your family so you can take good care of someone else's family; foot , leg and back pains; rushed meals and constant exposure to sugar and wheat; critical doctors, supervisors and family members that feel guilty because they ignored the patient till it was too late and expect you to take away their pain and heal them, good as new; and the worst stress of all, doing your best but losing your patient. The gift of mercy which makes one a good nurse can also break your heart when you see so much suffering. The only thing we can do is "let go, and let God". Never underestimate the power of prayer and never, never, never give up! LDL is a way of life as much as a way of eating. Fix yourself a mess of pancakes , have a cup of tea and relax. Give God the Glory. Aloha Leilani
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks so much for the positive "kick in the butt." I am going to eat my pancakes this morning - I am so glad everyone is enjoying them. I really think once I can kick the wheat and sugar addiction I will feel so much better. I need to go shopping today to get fruit. It helps to have plenty of fruit around. I plan to be stay on LDL and I might go off slightly when I attend 2 weddings this summer but as long as I jump right back on the next day I think that it will be ok. I have to do this. I do think that a lot of my stress has to do with working 2 jobs. But, unfortunately, we got do what we got do and I am always, "letting go, letting God." Blessings to all.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hi Jencita,
Why don't you eat your pancakes for dinner or anytime you want something sweet?. If you are worried about the yolks. Try them with just egg whites/fake eggs or one whole egg and one egg white...I haven't tried them yet. But, they are difinetly on my "gotta have it list". I keep forgetting and use up all my banana's in my smoothies! even the frozen ones... :((
Adding corn, peas and beans to everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I eat now, really has helped me with the sugar cravings. when it's been a bad day and I know I am eating out of emotion ( a biggie for me) I eat a whole bowl and sometimes two of nothing but frozen corn or peas. The second bowl, I usually want balsamic vinegar in them. Just a tish! I also purchased apricot vinegar. I can just drink that stuff right out of the bottle! =p~ it has a very mild vinegar taste, but man oh man! does it get me over that hump. And, I still eat my regular meal at meal times. I am still losing.
Not eating for an emotional eater is still impossible for me at this time ( I am working on it). It isn't something I can do yet. So, I do what just what the book says and EAT, EAT, EAT!! I just eat LDL foods though and have no thought to how much I am eating...
With summer time here. I am going to freeze my smoothies ( with added beans) then put them in the cooler for "emergencies". When the bbq's all start up and the hunger monster comes out. I will guzzle that down. Then I am not so tempted with all the non-LDL foods around me. I bring ALL LDL foods with me. I just don't tell anyone what they are. Everyone eats them all up! I am able to pass on the chips and have my corn thins ready for the salsa's and dips ( dips I bring like hummus). And, it's funny how I am able to ( and glad to do it!) feed the vegetarians in the group. Well, those that like portabella mushrooms anyway. I stuff mine with ground chicken or turkey. FABULOUS!
I really enjoy reading your post. What works for one, doesn't work for everyone. But, it's nice to know there is someone out there just like me/us. I have felt and done things just like you. I love how we can discuss the "how NOT to's" and the "HOW to's" for the next time. Now, that is "Food For Thought" My favorite meal!
Zesti..
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Zesti thanks for some great ideas. I feel like a failure - I know that I can eat and eat and eat all the LDL foods I want but I want the fattening foods. I feel like such a failure. I have been trying for years to take this wait off. I need will power - I am willing to pay - Help!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Jen, my heart goes out to you. I have been and still am there. When I want the "other foods" I eat as much, and as much as my tummy can handle of the LDL. I am eating extreme amounts too. At first, I thought this was crazy. I was doing what got me into this place in the first place right? Depression and menapause hit me like a brick wall. I didn't even know who I was on some days. It all changed when I started eating LDL foods. ( especially the corn and beans)
I have to tell you. I read a little magazine inserpt about LDL. I odered the book only because it said " EAT, EAT, EAT!! so if I did that and failed, again. It would be someone elses fault and not mine this time. Is that crazy or what??
God was really looking out for me, because I really was concidering throwing in the towel. This really was the "last" diet I was going to go on. I made up my mind. If I failed, then I would give up and just not care anymore.
Well, it wasn't me that failed it was all the diets that failed me. This isn't a diet. It's a way of eating life. Life I very much wanted back..
When I am craving sweets. I eat as much corn and fruit as my body could take. I eat it until the craving is gone. Hey, this can be 9 o'clock in the morning, it can be 1 o'clock in the morning. It doesn't matter. When it was bread or a hug. It was bowls and bowls of butter beans. I sprayed them with ICBINB or evoo for extra richness. These were in addition to my "regular" meals....My MIND was setting me up to fail. This WOE set me up to succeed. Because, I stepped on a scale a week later and had lost 9 pounds. Hey, I drink water like crazy too! I simply couldn't believe it. I thought I had finally broken my scale :))
Two months later, I am down 20 pounds and only weigh once a month now...
YOU CAN DO THIS!! God believes in you! I believe in you....I had no organized meal times. My sleep time clock was so whacked out of shape. My breakfast was at noon or sometimes later. Lunch was the only time I ate protein, but on some days that wasn't until 7 at night, then I still had my veggie salads with evoo and lemon most the time. Smoothies and popcorn to eat in bed trying to get to sleep. THANK GOODNESS FOR POPCORN!!. I ate pounds and pounds of popcorn and grapes. I don't freeze them. They bother my teeth :( But, boy O boy, do I love them!!
To me, it's the corn, peas and beans that kept me away from gorging on other things. I didn't want to go near them, I truly didn't. But, it seems like this Monster drags me to them. I can't just have a little bite. To this day, I still just can't have a little bite. Only because I know it will trigger the junk food flood gates to open. Then I start thinking "only this little bite won't hurt me or "I can cheat just a little and start again on Monday". those are the thought that brought me to where I am today. 100 pounds over weight!
If you do get off thie WOE, there is a paragraph in the book. Rogers gives us a way to get right back on it, the next day, the next meal...
But, each day, minute by minute, prayer by prayer. I get stronger. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you on this journey. I will pray for you everyday! This webb site is such an inspiration to me. Don't leave it! Re-read the book chapters 2-6 again and again and again! I have read it over 6 times and still come up with some AhHa moment. God works in mysterious ways. I am a living FACT OF THAT!!
Zesti :ymhug: :ymhug:
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Jennie, don't give up, you are not a failure!! :ymhug: I agree fully with Zesti. We are all kindred souls and you are not alone. I would highly recommend writing down what you are going to eat daily and editing at the end of the day to add the extra things or changes you made. You don't have to weigh and measure, but it might be good to put a smiley face on the things you really like. You don't have to eat things you don't like!! There are so many good recipes and things that are easy to put together, like LP's Knock your socks off soup and Zesti's South western chicken with corn and beans. I cooked some chicken breasts with a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, sliced onions and grape tomatoes with a little Italian seasoning. It turned out great!!! If you are hungry for pizza, pound a butterfly chicken breast (slice a beast and open it up like a butterfly) then put some LDL pizza sauce, some skim milk mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of oregano. Maybe a few slices of turkey pepperoni. and cook till the chicken is done and the cheese golden. Bake at 350.
I will continue to pray for you. Linda and I have both put on a few pounds, but I know that is only the devil trying to mess up our presentation tomorrow. That old liar will try anything to lead you away or diminish your witness. I wouldn't care if I never lost another pound, as long as I can feel as good as I do now. But I know God isn't finished with me yet. I will be eating LDL for the rest of my life, because life is good with LDL. Love Omalani