Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by LINDA RN »

The soups probably did you in with added sodium. Take heart. In a few days you will flush the excess water retension and the scales will reward you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

LindaRN,
Finding anything in glass these days is hard. But, I still buy when I find them. Not leaving my canned goods in my pantry for a year is probably another good start!...lol

Jen,..........Awesome! You did GREAT at Olive Garden. :ymparty: .
I know when I eat tons of popcorn, as is my usual. When I stepped on the scale the next day. I didn't like what I saw either. So, #1- I stopped stepping on the scale and #2- 3 days before my monthly weigh in. I try not to eat as much popcorn or beef. But, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, beans, anything LDL approved. The numbers downward at this point are still what motivates me to continue to eat healthy.
Some foods take longer to digest then others. But, while they are in there, they help to get rid of other stuff too!
Popcorn is one of those foods for me. The more I eat, the more I lose. It's not the same for everyone though. Sometimes, I don't even put salt on my popcorn. I am not a "water retainer" either. I just try a lot of different toppings.
For me, I feel the popcorn is in there doing it's job and also helps me to process other foods and the other foods helping me to prccess the popcorn. Ahhh, the circle of life! It's a good thing... O:-)

Can I ask you a question? Are you eating until you are full (satisfied)? or are you looking at serving sizes?
I guess that' two questions..sorry

Zesty
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

My one week weight loss showed a loss of 4 pounds. I could probably have done better if I did not eat that apple pie on Sunday :ymdevil: But it probably was a good thing because I felt yucky after and was able to bypass my favorite ice cream yesterday and also pizza at lunch that my coworkers were eating. I just want to lose these additional 13 pounds so I can be where I was after LDL before. I wish it could go faster.
I tried the most delicious soup from aldi's yesterday. It was simply nature chipotle black bean soup. It was amazing! and so filling.
Today
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs
lunch: fruit, popcorn
dinner: hoping to sneak out to chipotle between between classes. If not it will be popcorn.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Check the ingredients in the soup you bought.
Most processed soups contain MSG or natural flavors.
If it has some not-so-good ingredients, maybe you can work with the good ingredients and make your own.
And be sure to share. Sounds like it would freeze well
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

It was so good. These are the list of ingredients. It is the all organic line.
Black beans, dried vegetables, onions, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, green chilies, lime juice powder, natural flavors, sea salt, chipotle pepper, cumin, oregano. What do you think? The lime juice powder does have corn syrup solids Yuck! But as a once in a while? IT was sooo good.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Did very well yesterday - ended up just eating a salad and fruit all day with popcorn at bedtime. Hoping to do as well today. Life is so stressful. This has by far been the worst year we have had in our family - although I know things could always be worse - praising God for the little things.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I have officially gained back all the weight that I lost on LDL 3 years ago and managed to keep off until now. I have been eating so poorly that I go to sleep with such anxiety that I think my heart will just stop during the night. I am getting older - severe health problems are ahead for me. If I don't get a hold of my eating habits now, I never will and I will die. I need to do this for my health. I am giving the next weeks to God - I need to get a grip. I had to go to goodwill to buy a size up in pants. Very depressing. I am restarting today Friday 1/10/2014. My goal is to lose 10 pounds a month until I am at goal. I know I can do this. Everyone on these boards have been amazingly supportive and I will check in often. I plan to stay on the same eating habit daily:
For breakfast I will have my eggs and beans - switching out with eggbeaters every other day along with a piece of fruit. At work it will be impossible for me to have my big meal so I will eat fruit and veggies. For dinner, I want to keep it light - fruit, veggies. At night will snack on popcorn if really hungry. Here goes nothing.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

You can do it Jennie, plan to succeed. A good breakfast is always the place to start and the specific dynamic effect of protein will rev up your metabolism about 10% and keep you from getting hungry. Beans can take many forms and your banana pancake will make it special on the weekends. God will give you the strength you need. Life is good.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Jenn,
I am so glad to see you back here again. I have missed you! Can you take beans with you to eat with your fruit and veggie's? I make containers full of the bean dip, just any kind. I cream them and then freeze so I can grab and go. I am able to add my seasonings the day of, sometimes it's just salt and pepper. I eat them cold too like peanuts.
Sometimes for me, it's just the hand to mouth thing that I need to get thru what it is I am going thru at the time. This way I don't have to think of food in good or bad terms, just LDL. If it's LDL approved. I eat as much as I want too.
I love this time of year. Anytime I leave the house. I take food with me, knowing the car is already a "cooler" and I don't have to worry about spoilage. I used to even make a point of eating in my car for my lunch break, when ever it was possible. It ended up being my "de-stress" time as it was the only place on earth at the time that was quiet and I could just relax and breath. No phones, no music, no people, no million questions all the time. It was total bliss.
You can do this GF. You WILL do this GF!
Zesti
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Jencita! *HUGS* It's so good to see you! :D

I just want to remind you to make sure you are eating enough protein. Sometimes, if we don't eat enough or bodies will go into storage mode and hang on to weight. It sounds counter intuitive but eating LDL foods IS the way to break the plateaus.

I totally and completely understand how you feel. I gained back the 85 pounds I had lost. It was so hard for me to come back here afterwards but everyone just loved me right where I was. :) Don't beat yourself up or start "shoulding" on yourself. This is a lifestyle change and it just takes time for some of us. YOU CAN DO IT! :ymapplause:

I just had some of your pancakes yesterday. YUMMMA!!!!! I'm so glad you are back on the train to skinny town!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jencita »

Thanks all for your support and wonderful tips and suggestions. I have been doing very well. Keeping full of LDL foods. I find chipotle bowls really do a good job filling me up and satisfying me and its all LDL. The fresh fruit around here is just not good so I have been eating some canned fruit - not as good but it will have to do. Begin the new semester tomorrow - the stress might make me eat bad but I will fight it. God is good.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Been doing well the last few days. Concentrating on only eating when hungry as well as drinking water. I have never drank a lot of water. My main beverages are coffee and maybe an occasional diet cola. Problem with drinking is I have a weak bladder and have to make more frequent trips to bathroom ugh! I drink on weekends but not during week. Eventually I will add exercise. Plan on not weighing in for a while. I really miss my weight ticker - can't seem to get it to show. Oh well.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Been doing well the last few days. Concentrating on only eating when hungry as well as drinking water. I have never drank a lot of water. My main beverages are coffee and maybe an occasional diet cola. Problem with drinking is I have a weak bladder and have to make more frequent trips to bathroom ugh! I drink on weekends but not during week. Eventually I will add exercise. Plan on not weighing in for a while. I really miss my weight ticker - can't seem to get it to show. Oh well.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Click on my ticker if you can't click on the image link on yours. It should take you there. :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jencita »

Thanks will try
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Oh well I was bad over the weekend but more determined than ever to do better. I made the cauliflower crust pizza last night and loved it. Great way to get your pizza fix. With the lack of good fresh fruit I have been eating a lot of the dole fruit in the big jars. No sugar added to the juice. I know it is not optimal but works in a pinch. Here goes nothing - week 2 (No eating off plan this week)
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I'm in the same place, celebrating tooo long! Had my hot pumpkin smoothie this morning and went to the YMCA. I rode the stationary bike and stayed for 2 water classes. I will be teaching on Tues., Thurs., and Friday. That should keep me on plan, because I definitely need the energy that comes with LDL eating. Prayers for us and all the rest struggling. Special prayers for Mary and Pam. God bless us all, everyone!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Yes! Thanks omalani - prayers for all! U r doing terrific with the exercising. I'm not doing well in that department but will improve! Blessings!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Just so mad at myself. My DH bought me Malley's candy even after I told him not too. I not only ate my 2 pounds of candy, I went to my daughters to help her eat her chocolate covered strawberries and grapes. I am so pathetic. I am starting the fruit and soup flush today. I really need to take off this extra weight. I feel awful and have anxiety especially at night. I am sure it is due to my horrible eating habits.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

After the fruit and soup flush and the anxiety dissapates, pay attention to everything ypu add back into your diet to try to pin down the trigger. You can be reacting to an additive or even an LDL food. I am becoming acutely aware of food sensitivities and even supplements.
Linda