Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
jencita
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the encouragement Omalani. Well today is my 52nd birthday and I promised myself I would be down to goal by this birthday. Well guess what? I am up 13 pounds. I have tried other diets. LDL remains the only diet that has ever worked for me. I plan to restart tomorrow. It will be difficult since we will be taking a vacation next week but I really have to try to stay on task. My clothes are tight and I feel awful. Please pray that this time I can be successful. I plan to journal again as I begin this new adventure. Wish me luck. Love you all!
chewy

Post by chewy »

happy birthday dear jencita!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Happy Birthday girlfriend!! I was so happy to see you back and that is the best birthday present you can give yourself. Actually 52 sounds young to me. My eldest daughter will be 50 next year. ;) The stress of vacation is different from the stress of work. Forunately the summer fruits and veggies are abundant and cheap. Eat all the fresh fruits you can, to satisfy your sweet craving and stop weighing yourself. Don't try to lose weight on vacation but focus on LDL foods. Put some canned beans in the car and some plastic baggies. You can drain them, put them in a baggie and put them on a salad. Take some Beano before you eat if gas is a problem. I like canned green beans and you can eat a can to supplement a small meal. If you are eating Italian, take french cut green beans and order your sauce on the side. It makes a good pasta subtitute. Ask if restaurants have a glutin free menu, a lot do, and the food comes with less gravies and sauces that are thickened with flour. Avoid the bread and request no croutons. Order veggies instead of fries or baked potato. I have been eating off plan the past week, but small amounts and I edit my journal to include everything I eat. The journaling has been key to my success so far, because it keeps me accountable. I'm sure nobody reads my menus, I start new ones and just edit them daily, so they are all together. I try to start when the page turns so they are at the top. It also helps because I see habit patterns emerge, and I have isolated some triggers that I can avoid. We are so hard on our selves but you know what to do and when you slip up, just start again with the next meal. Read Zesti's journal, she has given me so many helpful hints. I find corn on the cob fills me up and satisfies my cravings. I can eat it cold without any butter or salt. Zesti likes it grilled, but I perfer it microwaved with the husks intact 4 min. per ear. It steams the corn perfectly and it is crisp tender. It tastes like the corn you get at the fair. You probably don't eat enough or let too much time pass. It is hard to make good choices when you are ravinous. Have a good vacation!! :-* :ymhug:
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks Chewy and Omalani - yes I will read Zesti's journal as well for tips. I just have to do this. I feel so unhealthy. I have not tried beano yet but I really should. When I am eating LDL no one can stand to be around me and I can't stand myself :ymsick: These boards have always been so full of help. The best that I have had so far. Thanks for everything.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Happy Birthday Jennie. I've been trying all day to post a Happy Birthday here but my computer decided to crash. I can't post the graphics to this site from my phone :((
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Jennie I really think you really need probiotics. Look up on vitacost and get the ones with the most cultures. Dyspiosis will cause sugar cravings and a whole host of medical problems. Enjoy you special day today and get serious tomorrow!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Happy Birthday, Jennie!!!
Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Happy birthday pretty lady!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Happy Birthday Jencita!
In the morning, I bring a pot of beans to a boil, turn off the heat, add a TBSP of vinegar, let sit until I am ready to cook my lunch ( my protein meal). I rinse the beans then put back on the heat for about 45 minutes ( depending on what kind of pot I want). I will cook them longer if I am going to freeze them and use them for smoothies.
After they are done the way I like them. I rinse them again and cover with water, then I add amount of salt I want. Let sit in the same pan for about an hour. Drain and rinse again. Then I store in my fridge in a container. I like to just have them to grab and eat like nuts while I am cooking too.
I was going to use the bean"o when I first started too. But, I never got around to buying it. So, I started doing my beans this way, and now I have no more :ymsick: problems...
It does take awhile for your system to adjust, but it will. In the mean time, try the above and see if that helps. Even if you buy canned beans. Be sure to rinse them in fresh water to reheat them.
Also, when you are cooking beans you want the heat up high enough to make the water bubble. The white stuff that comes to the top "a foam" looking stuff. Skim it off while your beans are cooking. That's just "dried" gas! And, if you don't skim, that's fine too. I just find when I don't, the beans are a little bit more gasy.
Take canned corn with you on vacation. I buy the low sodium, just cuz I like to add my own salt. I buy the pull top type can, so I can do this in the hotel room. If we vacation at friends or family. I just bring lots of frozen corn and make a "cold" realish. Corn, black beans, tomatoes, citlantro, and onion. I eat mine with a spoon while everyone else eats corn chips. Or, I bring my corn thins.
If will also use a can of "chile flavored" chili beans. My freinds love this. I have to make huge bowls of it so I can have some too! When I do this. I am prepared ahead of time and am able to just enjoy the family and not have it all be about what I CAN'T eat! I can make healthy decessions.
K.I.S.S ( Keep It Simple Sista')..You can eat healthier at any resturant. Order a hamburger, with no bun. I do this and ask for extra lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion. I add a little mustard and it becomes a side salad! or I chop it all up and mix it with my hamburger. Now, even when we have grilled steak at home, I want my little side salad to complete my meal..
You can do this. I take my corn thins and corn "dips" where ever I go. Especially on the road. I will eat them in the car before we stop for dinner. When I get to the resturant. I am strong enough to by pass all the fried foods on the menu and order something lite and healthy. EAT until you are no longer hungry and if you are anything like me. That seems like it will NEVER happen, so I still eat a lot, but I am still losing. Corn and peas are my "Magic" food. Last night my hubby made a wonderful beef stew. But, he added potatoes and it was late in the evening. I had already had my protein for the day. I wasn't really hungry but just wanted to eat. So, I got up and micowaved a huge bowl of frozen peas. I was in heaven! I was so satified just eating that, I didn't even want my evening smoothie and popcorn.
Hang in there. Your 13 pounds will be gone in no time. Stay with LDL and you will feel so much better about yourself, you won't even care about the 13 pounds. One day you will step on the scale and they will be gone, or ypu will put on a pair of pants you haven't worn in ages and find them to loose. It will happen.
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I agree with Zesti, I have found that I am way too obsessed with food and my weight. I am discovering that there are so many ways to enjoy life other than eating. This WOE is simple and I carry corn thins, WASA rye crisps and various can goods with me when I go out of town because I don't need to take a vacation from LDL and I have more fun when I feel good. The salad in a jar is great, for bean and corn salads. The trail mix is good too. You don't always make the best choices when you are very hungry. Remember HALT: Never get too hungry, too angry, too lonely or too tired. Don't try to use food to satisfy these needs. Eat food you enjoy and after a while, you won't miss the things that you are allergic too, food that causes you to break out in fat! =)) Just never give up sweet Jennie, you deserve the best things in life.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Jennie, haven't heard from you in a while. I am enjoying you pancakes and I am going to try another pumpkin pie soon. I found a recipe with coconut milk on 50 best paleo pumpkin recipes. Hope to hear from you soon. Aloha, Leilani :ymhug: :-*
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Im here Omalani - going crazy busy so of course not really on track. I have officially gained 15 pounds since January X( . I restarted yesterday and prayerfully will not go off. Interestingly, I had a physical exam and the doctor gave me permission not to worry about my weight this year. She said the year of menopause it is typical to put on a minimum of 15 pounds - she said to give myself a break and not even bother until I am completely menopausal. Haha I thought that was funny. I am not taking her advice - my clothes don't fit anymore. I did very good yesterday. I only had a banana for breakfast and dinner. For lunch I had chipotle which was very filling. I hope I can do as well today. I will try to get on these boards more frequently.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Stay away from the wheat and high fructose corn syrup, they are most addictive. I have been affected the most by even little amounts. I have the worst time in the evening which has always been the traditional big meal of the day when everyone gathered at the dinner table. We no longer eat at the table, DH takes his meals in the recliner watching TV. It is most difficult for me because we got our first TV when I was 8 and mom said no meals watching TV ever!! She also said TV dinners were ridiculous and she made everything from scratch, being raised on a working farm. Nursing for 50 years introduced me to quick foods and processed foods. Only at the Indian Hosp. did we eat together, basically on the evening and night shifts, but were interrupted to answer call bells. Anyway I have found that popcorn at night and fruit is the most filling and favorite thing to eat. However I need to stop watching life on TV and live it. I'm like Pavlov's dog when the TV is on!! :-o Do the best you can, but don't ever give up! You have a tendency to be very hard on yourself. We nurses are always asking ourselves "what could I have done differently?" or telling ourselves "I should have done more." The point is, we are not in control, God is. I think that is the one thing that makes LDL so successful. Ask God for help and realize that he doesn't keep track of our failures, He helps us to learn from them. He is loving us and encouraging us through His word and His Holy Spirit. At every stage of life there are different challenges, but our God is a problem solver so stick with Him and don't quit. I wished many times I only had 15 or 20 lbs to lose instead of 100 lbs. My weight is slowly going down which take longer than gaining all that weight. Be patient with yourself, which I think your doctor was trying to tell you. Water weight fluctuates a lot with the hormones and the emotional component many times results in stress eating. Find the LDL foods that help comfort you and if you are going to binge, Do LDL!! Corn and beans, fruit and veggies. I like frozen smoothies cuz they takes longer to eat and frozen grapes of course. The popcorn has salt, but water weight isn't permanent so enjoy it. I will be praying for you and I know that others will too. You are never alone sweetheart and we all love you. :ymhug: :-* :x
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Really we should not be as worried about loosing weight as we should be concentrating on eating healthy.
If you eat LDL healthy the weight will stabilize to your ideal weight.
Linda

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Jennie,

I just wanted to share something with you that might help. It helped me more than I can tell you. I have started draining and rinsing every can of beans I eat. I heat them up in plain water if I am using them for mashed potatoes. I then drain them again and use broth to thin them down. I guess I could cook them in the broth too. I noticed a dramatic difference when I started this. Also, it just takes some time for our bodies to adjust to all the fiber when we come off the processed foods. How are you doing these days? I miss seeing your posts. *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by LittlePrincess »

LINDA RN wrote:Really we should not be as worried about loosing weight as we should be concentrating on eating healthy.
If you eat LDL healthy the weight will stabilize to your ideal weight.

Linda this is so true and it was the hardest thing for me to through my head for so long. Love you!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK so I wrote out this lengthy post explaining what I meant only to find out that my IP address from my phone is blocked as Spammer!

Hey I actually found the draft I saved. It's in managed saved drafts under your Profile!

Guess I had been on so many weight loss diets or plans that either did not work or did not last, that I had pretty much had given up ever returning to a normal weight. But then I started getting into nutritional info about how what we are eating daily is killing is, and how not getting the vitamins/minerals from our frankenfood is also doing us in. So when hubby wanted to do without the breads and pastas and eat more beans and veggies, I was in. Now when I consider eating something not LDL legal, I see POISON on it and have to consider it equivalent to eating or drinking Draino. Do I really want to do this to my body and suffer the consequences? And the consequences are much more than just a few more unwanted pounds. So I'm OK being the weirdo at work and refusing the goodies. But I also remind them where they are heading eating that junk.
If you follow LDL you will loose. You can eat all the comfort foods you like and substitute healthy ingredients but you will likely maintain where you are at or loose very much slower. Pure LDL will get you to goal faster and then you have the luxury of trying some substitutions to see how they affect you. Best bet is whenever possible stay on pure LDL until you are at YOUR personal goal. Life gets in the way, but you have to jump back on plan right away or 6 months down the road you will find the pounds coming back.
Linda

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks all for the great advice. Boy I wish I could see poison on all the junk food. I am just way out of control at this point. MY plan right now is to do 2 weeks of Atkins - if I can stay on it that long. I loathe that diet but I do lose on it. I need a jump start and for some reason I am not losing on LDL. After 2 weeks I want to slide over to pure LDL and see what happens. I just do not feel well with this extra weight. Please pray I am successful. This extra weight is really getting me down. I do not want to buy new clothes. All the clothes that used to be big on me are not tight. Yuck!! Here goes nothing.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I am trying to refocus and just get my thoughts on eating healthy and not losing weight. I am beginning today my eating healthy diet. I do not want any of those yucky foods. I have gained almost all the weight I originally lost back. So here we go again. I am not weighing myself this time because it is not about weight loss. It is about gaining control of my appetite and thoughts and body and eating to feel healthy. Wish me luck - here goes nothing - no everything ;)
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I'll be praying for you Darlin' O:-) Just take one day at a time and be good to yourself. God bless you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: