Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
jencita
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by jencita »

I will pay attention. I do know that sugar and dairy cause me anxiety. Well today will be day one of the flush - couldn't do it yesterday. Here goes nothing
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Going to begin the soup and fruit flush. If anyone has tried this, please let me know how it went and if you have any tricks. My eating habits have gone out of control and I need to get back control. Wish me luck!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hi Jenn,
I do these several times a month now, and don't even realize it..LOL..When I specifically "made a plan".
It never seemed to work out for me. But, one day. I had fruits and veggies I wanted to use up because I was headed out to my cousin's place. She has a suburban organic farm so. I just knew I would come home with so many goodies, I wouldn't have space to store before I could eat them all up nice and fresh at the highest nutrition point..AW..
I made a huge pitcher of fruit smoothie, just fruit(s) and a little water and, a huge pitcher of a veggie smoothie, just using water. I used to sit down or carry around a huge 16oz glass. I didn't on this day.........I just used reg 8oz thinking every time I went to the fridge I would just fill that up with one or the other.
I took a big pot and simmered BIG chunks of veggies in a veggie broth, thinking I would maybe cream those for a soup base later. I didn't. By the time dinner came I wanted to "chew" something. It was my DH's steak night. And let me tell 'ya. That man can cook a steak! But, that's not what I was in the mood for.
I fixed his plate with a side of the chunky veggies. I decided to have a bowl of just the chunky veggies "while" I was deciding on what it was that I wanted to eat. ( isn't that crazy?).
I dished out a big bowl of the veggies (straining the broth back into the pot) and ate them with a fork, along with 2 corn thins on the side and a little evoo. I ate until I was satified, also knowing I could go back for 2nd's even 3rd's if I wanted. I just didn't want too. I forgot about eating eating that "something else" I didn't think about eating anything for the rest of the evening.
As I laid my head down on my pillow that night I suddenly popped straight up in bed!..'HEY! I just did a veggie and fruit flush and didn't even plan on it. HOOOOR-RAY!
So, now. I never plan on doing a veggie and fruit flush. I "plan" A day of cleaning out my fridge!
These days, it's more veggie than fruit too. It used to take 6 fresh, sweeter than ever white summer ONLY peaches. Now, it's 1 or 2 at a sitting when I want something sweet. But, really? Am I craving sweets or just these little sweet funny looking, someone just sat on me bundles of joy. I am just flushed with Joy..
Sorry this is so long. But that's "My" hint. YOU CAN DO THIS! Savor the Flavor in all things!
Zesti
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thx zesti, when u accidently do your fruit and fruit flush do you lose weight?
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I love those summer peaches and you can freeze them with pit and skin intact. When you are ready to eat them or add them to a smoothie, you just let them sit out or set in warm water for a few minutes. The skin slips right off and you eat the partially defrosted, an easy treat!! I'm going totally veggie, fruits and legumes and my weight gain since April is completely gone. Next stop, Onederland!! :D
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

YES! but with my body. I don't see it until 2 days after. When I do this, I have also noticed the next day I am more in control. It's like feeling a monster jump off your back. that in itself, makes me feel lighter some how. If that makes sense? The next day(s) for me gets easier to stay LDL all the way.
Most times, the meals that follow are all just LDL. Even if I choose to have a nice juicy steak for lunch the next day. I will still have a salad or steamed veggie with it. Then go back to popcorn for a snack later, or a cup of veggie broth/soup whatever, which is my usual routine.( LDL). If I want it. Lunch is my big protein meal of the day.
I don't do this for a "magic" weigh in anymore. I did in the beginning. I "planned" on it so many, MANY times, just never followed through. I beat myself up pretty bad at those moments.
And, those are the things I am trying to change. We are so much harder on ourselves.
I do it because it just makes me feel good. I get out of bed the next morning with a lighter step. I call it my "Step Of Hope". Hope, because I feel more in control again, and the more I stick with the LDL principals, the more control I feel, and the more control I have the bigger the pay off is at the end of the month. Now, it's just not in numbers anymore from the scale. It's the way I feel. The energy I have, the better I sleep at night, no acid reflux all of those good things.
It'll be almost midnight and I'll say. Oh, I haven't eaten anything but veggie's and fruit today". I say it like a "bad" thing. Like the worlds going to end if I don't have a certain amount of calories or something. HA! That is "stinking thinking" a term LP posted one day and now I say it to myself all the time.
As long as the monster is gone for awhile, I am ok with that. Hey, we all slip up once in awhile. Me? more times then most me thinks!!
I DO NOT step on a scale until at least a week or I wait until my monthly weigh in. IF! you are going for the "instant" gratification the scale is NOT the way to do it.
Put on a pair of pants that are to tight for you, measure yourself instead. Anything but stepping on the scale. OR, do what I did. I accidentally switched my digital scale from pounds to kilo's. How? I don't even know. But when I stepped on it. I saw 130 and freaked!!. but a really good freak!! You talk about a WHOO-WHO!
But it did make me realize how much I was putting into those little numbers. How, much they were controlling my life. Something had to change in me, and it wasn't just the numbers on the scale or the food I was putting in my mouth. I am still working on that!
For me. Stepping on a scale is so self defeating and believe it or not, it's not because of weight gain, but because of my weight loss. When I did this and got on the scale the next day. I lost 5 pounds. WHA-HO!
but then thought to myself, now I can have those potato chips, or a little bit of this and a little bit of that won't hurt, after all. I just lost 5 pounds!

I have played the scale game(s). I know how much fluid my body holds. I know when to step on the scale to see how dehydrated my body is, but heck the number is magic isn't it? it went down. Drink a big glass of water, and really see the magic. But, then it's not good magic is it? it's up. I am only fooling myself.
Now, I just try to live life day by day. Keep moving and by that, I don't mean going to the gym. I mean just walking out to the mail box and hearing or seeing a cardinal along the way. These days, that's exercise for me! My DEAR DH loves it when, on those days, he see's a vacuum in my hand!! or a dust cloth!..LOL..
Oh..sorry so yacky..
Treat yourself to your most favorite veggies and fruits EVER. Even if the cost is too high. Splurge!
Watermelon is it for me. I know this is going to sound crazy. But, it's the last of the season already and I am not ready to say good bye to my big fat juicy friend. But! I don't want to waste my money on something that's doesn't really taste fantastic either. SO, I go to the store, buy a watermelon. I go out to my truck, cut a little piece out and taste it. If it's one that makes me droll. I turn around and go right back into the store and buy me another one, sometimes even two, whatever it takes. Believe it or not. This was one of my first "fruit and veggie flushes. The only other thing I ate that day was grilled corn. Nothing was planned. It was what I wanted and it was what I ate. No guilt, no thought to calories, sugar, carbs, or whatever.. Then the next day it was grilled Brussels sprouts watermelon, apples and pears. YUMMY!
:ymhug: :ymhug:
If you want, need or think a "flush buddy" will help, just let me know. Send me a PM and we can plan the day and I will do it with you. Every morscel we put in out mouths of what, when and how if you want.
Don' think of it as a "Diet" but as a "Spa" day..Yeah, we can never have to many of those now can we??
Zesti
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the boost of confidence. And you can freeze peaches whole? wow never knew that one. I am missing my 35th high school reunion tonight because I am simply too fat. How is that for a downer? I have never really been successful with weight loss. I did lose 20 pounds initially on LDL and managed to keep it off for 3 years. I not only gained those 20 pounds but decided to gain 20 more. Just bummed. I am going to stay away from the scales as you suggest zesti - they just depress me anyway. I am doing this to feel better. I am beginning today to choose to eat healthy. Please pray for me.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I am with you on the HS reunion thing GF. I haven't been to any of mine for the same reason. But, look at this way. Try and get "un-bummed" and spiral down even lower. You are 11 months away from the next one!!
That gives you 11 months to get it off, feel better about yourself and go to the next reunion feeling wonderful and looking absolutely FABULOUS!! Living the life of ONEDERLAND!
Zesti
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Have never been to a reunion either.
Same reason.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

So sad that we are like that. I wish I didn't care so much. The next reunion is our 40th so maybe in 5 years I can finally take the weight off.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

To be honest. If and WHEN I do lose all this weight. It's the "OPRAY" show I am going to go on!! To me, this would bring even Johnny Carson back!! I would sit in that chair and the first thing I would say is:
Thank YOU JESUS, I have arrived".
=))
Zesti
ijs
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

LOL Zesti!! Okay I started fresh today. This is my year. LDL is the only WOE that has ever worked for me. My daughter finally gave back my book. I plan to reread it. I can do this! I can do this!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

LOL Zesti!! Okay I started fresh today. This is my year. LDL is the only WOE that has ever worked for me. My daughter finally gave back my book. I plan to reread it. I can do this! I can do this!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I missed my 10 year reunion because I was living in Colorado and it was just too far away to go to Huntington beach Calif., and the 20 years reunion, I was on Weisbaden Germany. It made Colorado seem like a day trip!!! Then the years passed and I was too fat, too far away, or didn't have enough money. When the 50 year reunion rolled around I said I'm going cuz I want to reconnect with old friends and I went. I had a blast and there were people there who were fatter than me, but I am still pretty, and witty and smart and I am not going to let the shape of my body determine my worth. Jenni, you are accomplished, and have done so much for so many people. You are also beautiful inside and outside, You have beautiful children, so you should go and hold your head up and find some old friends. Life is fleeting, live it now.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks Omalani - I needed those words! Alas, I didn't go. I felt bad at first but as I was looking at all the pictures, not one was as heavy as I so I was glad I didn't go. Maybe I will make it to my 40th. Positive thinking!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Well I am back and ready to do LDL again. I am beginning with the soup and fruit flush. I have gained 40 pounds since I have been on last so I really have to take this weight off.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back, Jencita. I JUST KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thank you! I am gung ho! I just made some bean soup.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

6/4/17
I know this post is several years old, but it has inspired me. I need to cean out my fridge for my Alaska reunion with the kids. I had 2 veggie burgers this morning with pickles and BBQ sauce, but it's a fruit and soup flush for the rest of the day. I may have a salad too, but that is just uncooked veggie soup right? I will have lemonand a drizzle of EVOO for drsg. Life is good. Also Congratulation GF for attaining a Doctorate in Nursing. You are truly awesome!!
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11