[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - Updated Info to Read, Before Reading the New Red Book (Part 3)

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

You will now be eating foods and recipes that are full of liquids, so you can understand why I am saying to put your scale away for the first month. That said, your weight loss should be substantially more than normal for the first two months, unless you are on medications or have a physical problem that impedes your progress.

The average weight loss on Let’s Do Lunch is between 5 and 10 pounds per month, so if you lose 10 to 20 pounds a month for the first two months, you have to realize that you are going to hit a plateau. Keep following the program and the weight WILL come off.

Oils are full of fat, except that I believe the oils in fish and olive oil are essential. I used extra-virgin olive oil nearly all the time, and I occasionally used soybean oil and other vegetable oils.

Eat no French fries, American fries, scalloped, twice baked, mashed, au gratin, hash browns, pan fried, potato salad, potato tots, potato pancakes, potato puffs and potato sticks. And feeding-frenzy foods like potato chips and candied potatoes are out! Instead, eat beans, corn, peas, carrots and recipes with these unprocessed starchy carbs in them. _____________________________________________________________

Occasionally, if I just had to have a little pasta, I’d use “No Yolks Egg-White Pasta” and add spaghetti sauce or lots of fresh steamed vegetables with a little fat-free cheese melted on top. The emphasis was on the toppings, not the noodles.

When I was serious about losing weight as fast as possible, I abstained from alcoholic drinks of any kind. However, after I had lost approximately 190 pounds, I began to drink wine socially again. I drank chardonnay, but I found that if I drank red wine (no sugar added), I didn’t drink as much. (My wife and my mom drank white zinfandel while losing their weight.)

It slowed my weight loss, but I continued to lose weight – losing an additional 40 pounds over the next eight months. Also, drinking wine caused me to deal with many more cravings than I had when I was abstaining.

I had to acquire a taste for wine, because when I was overweight I didn’t like it. But, because wine is made from fruit, I decided it to be the best choice.

Be advised that all alcohols made from fruits (wine, Ciroc vodka, etc.) are far better for weight loss than other alcohols.

There is a HUGE difference between “eating deliciously and healthy until full” and “eating deliciously and healthy until full to Lose Weight”! In that regard, I didn’t eat foods like nuts and seeds, because not only are they full of unnecessary fat but they can cause a feeding frenzy. If you crave something salty, try popcorn or dry-roasted soynuts (delicious).

As for your spouse and children, ask them to join with you in eating deliciously and healthy until full, and tell them that they will enjoy the foods and recipes. Ask them to please give Let’s Do Lunch a chance for at least a couple of weeks, and tell them that when they are away from home they can eat as they please.

Through experimentation, I discovered that eating bread can cause terrible hunger cravings an hour or two later - and those cravings are always for fattening foods.

Question: When I eat fish or eggs, I get hungry again an hour or two later. What can I do about this?

Answer: Eggs and fish don’t hold you over, because they digest easier than the heavier proteins like chicken, turkey and red meat. So, when eating eggs or fish, be sure to also eat a generous portion of foods with beans, corn, peas or carrots in them.

Question: Can I add a powdered protein to my fruit smoothie, to hold me over until lunch without my getting hungry again?

Answer: You are better off putting a few of your favorite white beans in your fruit smoothie. They have lots of protein in them, and the only thing you taste is the fruit.

You need to customize Let’s Do Lunch to fit your lifestyle…not customize your lifestyle to fit Let’s Do Lunch. In order for Let’s Do Lunch to work for the rest of your life, you need to be able to incorporate it without having to make adjustments in the way you live.

This means that if you are used to eating several meals a day, then by all means continue to do this – remembering to eat your heaviest protein between noon and 2 PM whenever possible, in order to hold you over until dinnertime without experiencing afternoon snack cravings.

Further, if your lifestyle means eating your heaviest protein at dinnertime, then so be it. Just remember, between noon and 2 PM whenever possible, eat limited heavy protein and as much as you can of unprocessed starchy carbs and/or recipes with unprocessed starchy carbs in them. This, too, will help hold you over until dinnertime.

In fact, you can actually throw away all the dos and don’ts in this book and still lose all the weight you want! Just eat Let’s Do Lunch foods and/or recipes (including heavy proteins) until you are full whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume. Granted that your weight loss will be slower when eating this way, but who cares how slowly you lose the weight as long as you do lose it!

The Most Important Note in this Entire Book: Always remember that all Calories are NOT the same! Even though the calories in bread, pasta, potatoes and rice may seem to be low, they are Actually Extremely High because they turn into pure fat in your body!

Let’s Do Lunch “Ice Cream” – YUMMY!

Ingredients:

1 or more frozen bananas (freeze your overripe bananas in rounds)
Fresh strawberries (or other fresh fruits)
Frozen fruits (no sugar in ingredients)
A little 100% fruit juice (no sugar added)

Directions: Place all ingredients in Ninja and blend to texture of ice cream.

Let’s Do Lunch “Hot Blueberry Pie” – Simple & Delicious!

Ingredients:

1 fresh banana per microwaveable bowl (cut into rounds)
Frozen blueberries (placed on top of banana rounds)

Directions: Microwave until blueberries start to bubble.

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Profile Send private message