Need help

New to Let's Do Lunch? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions....
omalani
Master Member

Re: Need help

Post by omalani »

We must be sisters! That is how I shop as well. I have no problem pointing out fruit or veggies that are less than perfect and offering to buy them at a discount. I can eat huge amounts of food!! I have a skinny person inside that is an overachiever when it comes to eating. =)) That is why I need to stay away from buffets. I always want to try a little of everything. I know it would be a disaster if I had Bariatric surgery to make my stomach smaller, I would probably explode and that would not be a pretty sight. You are doing well and it sounds as if your husband is very supportive. Life goes on, enjoy the journey.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Oma- I could (and have) eaten 24 cookies. My weakness is sweets. I can't have them around. I do know that my husband keeps candy and chocolates in the laundry room. I do not try to find it. Out of sight, out of mind! Of course, if I were to get overly emotional about something, all bets would be off. Once I asked him to hide it in the garage which is like a storage maze! It worked ;) !
Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

Well, it was Mother's day on Sunday and for the first time in 12 months I actually went gung ho and had coffee and a big caramel muffin at Muffin Break for morning tea and a seafood wrap from Subway for lunch with some low cal ginger ale. We did some afternoon walking.
The day after I had no cravings for anything and went back strict again.
DH has some dark chocolate he hides.....no idea where. I am not that interested though.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good for you, the point is not to lose weight!! Weight loss is just a side effect of eating the healthy LDL way. I had difficulty the last few days of vacation and on the way back, I ate 2 bags of popcorn. I had to get a motel 1/2 way back and had some potatoes from the breakfast bar Monday morning. That is my weakness! I also had scrambled eggs and pinto beans and 1/2 glass 100% apple juice. That filled me up and I snacked on fruit till I got home at 4:30 pm. I went over to my friends' house and had a chicken salad, but it had breaded fried chicken on top. Soooo, I too am starting strict LDL. I don't know why I don't remain strong when others are around. I suppose part of it is I don't want to be a bother but mostly because I see it as an excuse. Anyway, I will do my best and God always does His best. Life is learning to submit to the better path.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I am having a hard time getting back on plan and sticking with it..It's the sweet thing! I have tried my pineapple and oranges, to I am stuffed...and just can't seem to kick it...today I am going to get a water melon and see it that does the trick..
I am eating my beans and lots of veggies. I have just never had it this bad...I am just having a hard time staying motivated..some serious re-committment is needed here...
:(
XXOO
Zesti