Changes over the years.

New to Let's Do Lunch? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions....
Bethesda

Changes over the years.

Post by Bethesda »

Here is another question. I have been going through the forum and noticing that some things have changed over the years. Would I be better off just reading the posts, say from 2014 so I don't get confused?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Changes over the years.

Post by MsHeirloom »

Probably so, Bethesda. I recently went through my recipe cards that I ordered when I started and found potatoes, rice, whole grain bread in limited qualities, cottage cheese, and canned soups listed. All of those are not recommended, but must have been part of the plan at one time. Basically we don't eat dairy or grains other than popcorn. Vegetables and fruits are unlimited, and lower fat content meats are eaten in moderation. use fats sparingly and eat all the beans you want. No processed foods and no sugar. I think the older posts list the corn meal experiment (processed) and the potato experiment which caused Roger to gain weight. Stick to the basics and you will feel great and lose weight.

Have you been back to the doctor's? Rather than total cholesterol, most doctor's here are looking at individual parts of the cholesterol. A high HDL (good part) can raise the total even if the LDL (bad part) is in the normal range. Statins are less frequently recommended, especially for women who do not have other risk factors.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

We are all unique and we have different triggers. I think LDL has taught me to listen to my body and pray for God to guide me. Even though the plan has varied some, we all have to learn what works for us and doesn't work for us. We can learn from our own experience and the experience of others. We can also learn from mistakes that others make and avoid the same mistakes. That is why the Bible is so valuable. The world changes but human behavior doesn't unless we make different choices. We have the freedom of choice, that is the good news and the bad news. Life is an adventure.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Having these boards to come too and be able to ask questions anytime has really been helpful. And especially, going thru previous posts. We are all different in some ways, so it nice to see others idea of wht is working for them and what is not..
Ask away...
=)) =))
Zesti