Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Awww....Mary, I love ya for that explanation of how to customize my very own LDL shirt(s.) Will do! And it will be so easy and very cool  :cool:

And, Roger Troy...as I tell everyone, you would have to work really hard to even come close to offending me!  :D So as an unoffended newbie, I just have to face the inescapable truth and admit that BOTH of the people in the USA who dislike Little Mary's Pizza Soup - LMPS live with me! <>

I was surprised at their response because our family isn't usually persnickety about any food. And trust me, there was no mistake made in preparing LMPS! I followed the recipe to the letter AND it was incredibly delicious, IMHO! So as mrsj said,

Even though you won't be making the pizza soup as often, the good news is that when you do make it, it will be all yours!
It freezes well too so you can have a nice supply of pizza soup in your freezer and not have to share.

So I'm gonna be upfront about this and say for the record: untempered GREED will rear its head the next time I make LMPS....and the Little Mary's Pizza Soup will be mine, Mine, ALL MINE <> *evil*

And....oh, OK...  :pouty:  :'(  Since I already have shared LDL soups and stuff, I will continue to share all the other yummy soups and stuff with my loved ones. :laughing:  The LMPS is the only recipe that has received a thumbs-down  :thumbdown: vote from my guys since I started cooking/living LDL in June '09 so this definitely is NOT an "issue" for us.

Thanks, y'all for being gracious about my two LMPS fussbudgets. Other than this one character flaw, they really ARE nice people. ;)
southernyankee

Profile Send private message  

Thanks sooo much for being so understanding, southernyankee. I most certainly didn't want to upset you, nor your loved ones. But, I just had to tell all the newbies out there how wonderful-tasting Little Mary's Pizza Soup is! I did NOT want any newbie to read what you said and then decide NOT to make the Pizza Soup.

Again, I'm so sorry.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

RT, No problemo for me, and I certainly would be the last one to dissuade another newbie or an old-timer to these boards and the FANTASTIC! LDL program from making any of the simple, easy and delicious recipes I've found in the book, the recipe cards, and here, to include Little Mary's Pizza Soup.

Re: the Pizza Soup: I seem to remember my father-in-law not liking oregano and his complaining if my MIL added it to her cooking. (Don't ask me why - I love oregano) so perhaps my DH and our DS have that innate dislike as well. I do know my DH has never been able to eat pizza without getting a stomach ache or worse  :sick: so pizza has never been a routine food for us. I have never personally reacted to pizza or oregano in that way. And I DO like Little Mary's Pizza Soup!

As Little Mary said, different people like different things..... I just happen to have the two different people in MY life!  :shock: But as we have discussed, the VAST majority of folks who cook and eat Little Mary's Pizza Soup find it to be better than pizza! And that includes me as well.

...all of which makes me wonder why I shouldn't buy a Pizza Soup T-Shirt anyway????? Even if my two fussbudgets don't care for it????? After all, it's MY LDL  *love* and MY LMPS, and it will be MY T-Shirt. So there! My mind's made up! I'd like the Little Mary's Pizza Soup, please....and oh, one of the "Got Pizza Soup?" T-Shirts too. You'll see me wearing it in San Antonio in March 2010!

Roger Tory, I give thanks to G-d every day for the LDL w.o.e. and for your helping each of us find better choices and better answers....even about soups and T-Shirts!

Forever your friend,
southernyankee

My husband doesn't like the Pizza soup either...  :shock: BUT, there is a simple reason... he hates tomato chunks... and only like very little sauce on pizza.. so it's understandable. But me and the kids love it... so when we have Pizza soup hubby has leftover LDL of some other variety. My whole family LOVES eating this way... and I can't wait to get some matching shirts for us all (that's 7 total)! As for which size to get... I think I will get one in the size I am now... and one in the next size down... as a goal.

I just love this place, and these people... thanks everybody!  *love*
Tiffany

Hi Everybody,

I've done my best to create designs for all of the requests, and I think with more than 25 shirt designs, enough is enough! (Having said that, if you're really serious about wanting to see a shirt with a particular design, just let me know and I'll do my best to make your dream into a reality. :thumbsup:) I reckon it'll be impossible to choose if we have too many choices!  I want to explain a bit more about the customization feature in our on-line store which will help everybody "tweak" the design to make it right for them.

I'll use the Onederland Express shirt as an example.  A request was made for a "Onederland" shirt.  I wanted to picture a fast "express" looking train instead of a slower steam train picture for this particular theme.  After putting the train picture on the shirt, I selected the font for the wording that I personally thought went best with the train picture.  Now let's say, for example, that Donna is looking at that shirt and thinking it's just not "pretty" or "feminine" enough for her because of the bold, block lettering, but Donna really wants a Onederland Epress shirt.  Guess what?  It's easy for her to get that shirt in one of 200+ different fonts, to make it exactly what she is looking for.

All you have to do is:
1.  Click on the picture of the shirt you are interested in.
2.  A larger picture of the shirt will appear, and beneath it will be a yellow tab that says "Customize It!" Click on that yellow tab.
3. On the right side, your customizing options will appear.  To change the way the lettering appears, press "Change Text."
4.  Then a grey button that says to "Change Font" will appear.  You can change the coloring of the lettering, the size of the lettering, and the style of the writing.  Your font options will come up.  Scroll through the various fonts until you find what you like best.  For example, on the Onederland Express Shirt, the name of the font I used is "Shortcut."Donna will click on that and then scroll through until she finds "Demi Tase Bold" or another font that she finds more appealing to her than the "shortcut" font.  When you have changed the font on all of the Text, press "OK" and you can buy your customized shirt. Red lettering, yellow lettering, script or block lettering......it's your right to self-expression to totally personalize the look of your Let's Do Lunch shirt! Then Donna could put this on a pretty pink or baby blue shirt instead of a white shirt, and her more "girly" Onederland Express shirt would be complete. This is why we chose "Zazzle" for our merchandise, as it's so flexible and easy to customize the products.  Have fun!

Happy shopping!  

Little Mary

Last edited by marysimmons on , edited 1 time in total.

These are all so nice!  I don't know what I'll get, yet, but I've got to get a t-shirt.  I need to go back to the site and look at everything!

Oh, Mary, does it cost extra to customize it?

Nope!  It doesn't cost a penny extra to change the wording or the size or color or style of font on the shirts.  It is such a cool feature.  The only thing that will change the price of the clothing will be if you change the shirt from the style shown in the example to a different type of shirt.  The basic T's are the cheapest, and the hooded sweatshirts are the most expensive.  

So say, for example, you like the "Cool Beans" shirt that has the four little bushels of green beans on it. You can go in there and customize the color, size, and font type of the text and it won't change the price at all.  But let's say you prefer a different style of shirt than the one in the picture.  The "Ladies' Petite T-Shirt" as shown in green is $20.45.  You can scroll through the different shirt types available and have this same "Cool Beans" picture and text on a white "Value T-Shirt", and the price would be $12.95.  On a basic white sweatshirt, the price would be $22.95 for the same "Cool Beans" shirt.  The world is your oyster!

Little Mary

Last edited by marysimmons on , edited 1 time in total.

:kissed:  Neat!! The shirts are SOOOO cute! I am going to order one today in 3X (my size now) and one in XL to use as a goal to shoot for.  When ya'll are looking at new shirts to create, could you maybe think about using the grren apple design (that's on the mouse pad) for a short sleeved shirt? I love that pattern and would definitely order a couple.  Thanks guys for this wonderful support system and new way of living.  God bless!! Tina M (fab4fan) :thumbsup:

Tina & Ginny, etc., your requested shirts have been designed and are in the "store" if you ever want to order them! We also have added some bumper stickers for only $3.  Now I just have to save up enough money to buy one of everything I want! :laughing:

Little Mary

Thank you, Mary, it really looks great!  :D  *love*  Now I just have to figure out my size and which style (and save my pennies, for sure). 

*hug*
Ginny

OK, I give up!  How do I get to the online store?  Carole

Carole H Go to:  www.zazzle.com/maryloveslunch, or click on the link mary sent in her post of the store.

Deborah D.

Goal weight 125 lbs

Last edited by Deborah D. on , edited 1 time in total.

Hi!  If you still haven't got there, you can click on the little blue link on the bottom of any of the messages I posted, including this one!

Little Mary

Little Mary, I got there and was so pleased to see the "skinny town" and "train to skinnytown" shirts. I placed my order and am hoping it arrives today as I've already received notice that the order shipped!!!!! I can't wait to use my cup and wear my shirts.  Thanks for getting this site going.  Eljayne

Last edited by Eljayne on , edited 1 time in total.

This is such a great thing. A long time coming - for sure. I am soooooo happy to see how LDL is growing by leaps and bounds, while everyone is shrinking !!

CONGRATS !! Now I know where to do my Christmas shopping.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”

Okay I just got lost in the store!  Mary what an unbelievable amount of work you have done!!!!! 

((((BIG HUGE HUGS)))))))  I am waiting until the end of the month to place an order.  I'm going to have a hard time choosing too!  :laughing:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

(In Faith)  LP

LittlePrincess wrote:
Okay I just got lost in the store! (In Faith)  LP

I fear you may have got lost, my dear LP, because you were probably looking for "cowboys in Aisle 10," and right now, there "ain't" no cowboys and no aisle ten in our on-line store!  We've got a cute little fridge magnet with your name on it, though! :laughing: 

Love ya,

Little Mary

Mary  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Okay that's it!  When I get down to goal weight all of the women in the LDL possie are gonna wear "Looking for Cowboys in Aisle 10!" buttons for the day.  hehehehe    *evil*  Love you too hon! 

(In Faith)  LP

Little Mary,

I think you should write a recipe book!  Or recipe cards, and sell them in the store!  Your recipes are scrumptious!  Whatcha think?

Mary J

Started LDL in Oct 09

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next