Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Hi Mary J!  We've got something in the works....  We'll see what happens.

Stay tuned!

Little Mary

Profile Send private message  

Mary, I was looking at the items in the online store and thought it would be great to have available a pin (those large round ones like you see at election time) with a before/after or just before picture of someone who had lost on the LDL program and the statement "I lost ___ # on Let's Do Lunch!"  We've all admired Roger's before and after pics, but would it be possible to order one of oneself (if you'd lost, say 50# or more) on such a pin?  Can you imagine wearing one to Wal Mart or wherever you go and have people notice the difference and ask about the program? People ask when they know you, but strangers would ask if they saw you wearing your "before" picture. It would be another way to get the word out. 

Carole H wrote:
We've all admired Roger's before and after pics, but would it be possible to order one of oneself (if you'd lost, say 50# or more) on such a pin?  Can you imagine wearing one to Wal Mart or wherever you go and have people notice the difference and ask about the program? People ask when they know you, but strangers would ask if they saw you wearing your "before" picture. It would be another way to get the word out. 

This would be very easy to do.  What a fun idea!!!  All I would need would be for anyone who wants some of these badges/pins to send me cropped "before" and "after" photographs of himself/herself, and I could make the badge prototype and put it in the gallery for sale.  As with everything else in our store, you would not be obliged to buy a specific quantity or even any pins at all if you change your mind after sending me your pictures.  Good idea, Carole! 

Little Mary

SALE!!!!  DISCOUNT CODE HERE!!!!

So my little parcel arrived in the mail yesterday with my fridge magnets and bumper sticker in it.  The fridge magnets are really good quality, by the way.  I may have to order some more!  :laughing:

Anyhow, in the bottom of the packet was a card which says "Get 10% off your order!!!"  Simply use the code "GIVEZAZZLE09" at checkout on the on-line store anytime now through January 30, 2010, and you will get a 10% discount off the net sale price of everything you buy (shipping not included.)  YAY!  I think that Father Christmas is going to ge giving Let's Do Lunch cups and aprons and shirts this Christmas.....

Little Mary

I've received all of the things I ordered so far.  I LOVE love love my shirts.  I just want to add a CAUTION to remind you to read the sizing instructions on the different types of shirts.  Some of the sizes aren't what I'm used to.  The regular T-Shirts and Sweatshirts seem pretty standard in their sizing.  On the cute special ladies' shirts, there is a note on some of the styles that comes up before you confirm your order saying "Sizes run extremely small.  Order one or two sizes larger than you normally do."  I'm glad I did!  These days, I usually wear an XS or S size shirt, but I ordered a medium in the "eat great, lose weight" white ladies' shirt, and it's perfect.  A small would have definitely been too small for me.  There is a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you're not happy with a product you can always send it back. 

Little Mary

I didn't notice the sizing caution and consequently ordered the smaller size with I'm very pleased to be in now and was terribly disappointed to receive the Zazzle version of XL only to find it's closer to an M and had to send my shirts back. My new cup however is wonderful.  I'll stick with those kinds of things rather than clothing bc I'm so proud to finally be down to an XL to order anything larger. *hug* Eljayne

My sweatshirt is exactly the right size and very comfortable.  It causes a great deal of conversation when I wear it in town!

sahara

Sounds like sweatshirts might run truer to size than T's.  Thanks for the input.

I ordered a "Thank God" t-shirt and customized it with a scripture on the back.  The scripture?  John 3:30 which says:

He must increase, but I must decrease.  :D  :laughing:

I thought that was very appropriate!

Of course I also ordered some of those very cute magnets that say "It's a LIVEt not a DIEt."  :D  Love it!

Oh Crickadoodle, I lovet!!!! Perhaps I'll try a sweatshirt and see how the sizes run and use John 3:30 on the back with a skinny town front.... fun :thumbsup: Eljayne

Can we get water bottles in LDL?  I would love to have that sitting on my desk for people to ask me about.

Water bottles are a great idea!  Unfortunately, I haven't found a vendor to create them on an individual "per order" basis, which means I'd have to order a large quantity and pay for them, and then wait for people to want to buy them from me. Knowing my luck, most of them would sit in a box in my garage unsold until the next big hurricane takes them away..... If I had at least four dozen definite orders, we could probably do it. 

Little Mary

If you want to start a list...put me in for two    LOL

I just made a shirt that says GOT GRAPES?

Last edited by Gwennaford on , edited 1 time in total.

Love the shirt, Grape Girl Gwennaford! 

Little Mary

Any possibility to getting water bottles?

I really like the idea of customized water bottles too.  :) I have our regular on-line store with "Zazzle," simply because there are no minimum order requirements.  It's a bit more expensive that way than buying in bulk, but no one has to have a warehouse full of merchandise in one design or pattern that may or may not be purchased by other Let's Do Lunchers.  "Zazzle" doesn't do water bottles.

I've researched on-line for companies that do water bottles, and obviously we're looking for quality. The prices go down if you buy them in massive quantities, but again, I don't want to have to buy hundreds of water bottles with my own money and then wait for people to hopefully buy one or two of them. 

I think I've found a good solution.  Everyone please click on this link:
http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/category ... sgodpDGmWQ

"Discountmugs" do water bottles in many styles and from various materials....plastic, aluminum, and stainless steel.  I'm leaning towards stainless personally, but take a look for yourselves and let me know which you like.  The minimum order is only 12.  Of course it's cheaper if we order 50, etc.  What I need is a guarantee that at least 12 people wish to buy a water bottle and will pay for the bottle + shipping from me to you when they're made, and we can go for it. 

LET ME KNOW!!!

Little Mary

I would definitely want one!!  Stainless steel is a good option.

Thanks!

Hi Mary,
If the order is for stainless steel water bottles, you have my guaranteed order for two of them!

Thanks for your work investigating this for us! I look forward to reading how to order them!
southernyankee

I'll take a stainless steel one.

Ollie

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next