Cold weather exercise -- DDR!

Get innovations here.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Cold weather exercise -- DDR!

Post by crickadoodle »

Now, I hadn't done this in over 3 years, but we'd got my stepkids a Playstation 2 several years back.  We'd gotten them the game -- Dance, Dance Revolution (DDR).  Well, it's been cold and rainy and not good walking weather, so I decided to set up the Playstation and do the DDR again.  It was so much fun.  It took me a little while to get the hang of it, though.  I used to do the "heavy" and now have to do "light" but when it comes back to me, I might be able to go up.  Talk about cause me to perspire and make my heart rate go up.  I love how it tells you the calories burned and records your weight.  When I'd last done it 3 years ago, I was much heavier than I am today.  Anyway, I'd forgotten how much fun this was and what a good cardio workout.  We never got the Wii, but I hear that is really fun too.

What cold weather exercises are you doing? 
rodie

Re: Cold weather exercise -- DDR!

Post by rodie »

I also have that,it's under the bed in the spare room downstairs.I used to love that,but now I'm nursing a bum knee,twisted it or something in a Zumba class at the club.Don't know what the heck I was thinkin :shock:
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Crick,

I heard about DDR couple years ago and wanted to get it but never did.  Sounds like so much fun and I am seriously in need of something to keep my mind occupied.  No time like the present, I guess. 

Rodie, My brother's fiancee teaches Zumba in Charlotte (3 classes a week) and is a tiny little thing.  I don't think I could ever do that.  You're my hero for trying.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

My leg is better, but was told not to exercise.  It was really sore, and looked horrible.  I bought a couple pair of support hose, so it  now seems to be back to normal.  I don't see the surgeon until the 21st of Dec. The vein will  probably be removed.  I think I'm going to go back to exercise though, maybe do upper body weights.  I have been so busy that I'm not getting stiff, and with LDL, I don't need to exercise to stay my size, but it just makes me feel better all over.  I thought about getting the Wii.  Maybe, it would be good  gift from Santa. :laughing: :laughing:  It is pouring the rain here.  I went out to get my nails manicured, and water is everywhere.  It is going to get cold tonight.  I think I may go to Huntington shopping.  Linda RN found where I can buy Coconut sauce, so I need to get me some.  Do I use it where I would use soy?  I like products that don't have MGS.  :D  JF     
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

JF- Where did you find the coconut aminos?  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK,
So here is my cold weather exercise.
Just picture me in a parka next month!  ;D
BTW
3 days of only a few minutes each day on the trampoline netted another pound discarded!

JF,
Yes, coconut aminos sauce is a repacement for soy
Last edited by LINDA RN on November 30th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Zumba sounds like fun.  My nieces on my husband's side go to a class in town.  I can't find one of our DDR games, so I might have to look at one of those used game stores and get it for a good price.  It's over 4 years old for sure, probably older.  My calves are tight tonight from the different kind of exercise.
abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

I have seriously fallen off the exercise wagon, so I just resumed my Wii active sports game this week and am forcing myself to do the intermediate.  You use a leg band to monitor your exercise.  Hoping to get outside soon to go for a couple walks a week now that the snow is here.

The Wii is alot of fun and the Active game does a 30 day challenge where the goal is 20 days out of 30.

Kathy
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Abby's Mom -- I'd love to do Wii, but don't want to buy one.  Maybe I'll see a deal that will tempt me to change my mind.  It sounds like fun and very good too.  I did try it once at my niece's house.  (Oh, a funny from that visit.  Her boys used the Wii to play games of course and 4 yr. old AJ needed someone to read something on the screen.  His mom asked if I could do it for him.  He looked up at me with admiration and surprise saying, "You can read too?")

Linda, RN -- I have a mini trampoline that I have used inside to get the great benefits of rebounding.  I need to pull it out.  The DDR can be a bit hard on the feet.  It is so much fun, though.  Also, I probably overdid it because my calves are so tight.  Today I burned over 500 calories, according to the DDR.  :)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, Linda RN sent me some stores that carry it.  The closest one to me is At Huntington, W Va.  It is called Healthy Life Market.  I didn't go today.  I stayed home since the snow was coming down---never did stick on the roads.  We got several decorations up.  It is so much work, because I have to move so much stuff to make room for my Christmas things.  Every year, I think we will not do so much, but then we do---not nearly as much as some though.  I love  how our town  looks at Christmas.  It is just beautiful.  Tour of homes is this Friday and Saturday.  Our home was on tour in 95.  Once is enough, because there is a whole lot of traffic throughout the home.  I have  several old ornaments, but  I'm not putting them on this year. I've collected Santa Clauses for years.  I have some real old ones.  I can't  find any old ones, now.  There are a whole lot of new ones.  I got my exercise today--up and down the ladder.  :thumbsup:  :D  JF 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, JF.  I used to collect Santa Clauses also.  I haven't displayed them in our present home (15 years).  There just doesn't seem to be a place to put them.  I'm working on memory quilts for a family who lost their 11 yo son when his transplanted heart failed.  I got about half of the cutting done today.  I want them to have them for Christmas.  Jonah died in April.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, you are blessed to be so gifted with creative skills.  The family will find comfort from the quilt.  :thumbsup:  JF
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

My son has the X-box connect.  He says that it tracks your body movement with out holding any divvices.  So if you don't have a system, check into the X-box Connect.  My mom has the Wii and she loves it.  It also tells her that she it has been a while since her last visit. 

As for me I don't have an exercise program for cold wet days. :sad:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

The past few weeks, I haven't been exercising and that needs to change.  I just much rather being outside to exercise, but will have to push myself.  Now that the holidays are over, I'm sure it'll be easier to find that time and extra push to do it.

Happy New Year!
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

I find that I feel much better after I get at least a 20 min walk or longer in.  We just have to get over the fact that it is cold, wet, or dark out side.  I can deal with the cold or dark but the wet is terrible to walk or jog in.  Some times just making time is the hard part, not the sore muscles.  I know you can do it DoodleBug