Almond Milk??

Get innovations here.
ladyofchange

Almond Milk??

Post by ladyofchange »

Ok I'm a newbie here, and know nuts aren't on the plan and very little dairy.  But almond milk is made from almonds with no lactose, no casein, an alternative to soy milk, and is low in fat and cholesterol.  Ok just wanted to know is it plan friendly:)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Almond Milk??

Post by Joyful Friend »

Lady, I've never heard about it, but I'm certain you will  soon get the truth about it.  I want to know more about it.  :thumbsup: JF
ladyofchange

Post by ladyofchange »

ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Since i am eating almost vegan and i don't like soymilk all the time i do make my own
almond milk...

Almond milk

Pour 3 cups of water over 2 cups of raw almonds soaking overnight to rid them of phytic acid.
Place these pre-soaked almonds with  a  fresh 3 cups of water.
In a high speed blender (like a vita mix), blend  the almonds and water for several minutes until it resembles a thick cream.
Line a large sieve or colander with a double thickness cheesecloth.
I use unbleached muslin, single thickness. Place this over a wide bowl and allow it to drain, then grab the corners of the cloth, hold together securely,
and squeeze to extract all of the milk, much like squeezing a tea bag to extract the remaining essence of the tea.
Reserve the trapped pulp in the sieve for making almond flour.
Almond flour can be used in candies and cookies to give these desserts a more cookie like consistency. Transfer the milk to a container and refrigerate up to 3 days.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Chrissy- How's your weight on your vegan plan?  We've missed you.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I ate a vegetarian diet twice in my life and both times I gained lots of weight.  I like to read Dr. Mercola's newsletter and he said he'd tried it in the past, but has found that there are things your body needs that you just can't get without meat it seems.  I know I've never felt my best on a vegetarian diet.  I hope you find it different for you, Chrissy. 
anora

Post by anora »

Hello...

Mary thank you for sharing a good detail. It is good to share good information with us...
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

I also never heard about this milk. But it is true that it has no fats and no cholesterol. But I think there is no harm in drinking this milk.