This will aso be a Part of the Next Printing of the Book

Get innovations here.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: This will aso be a Part of the Next Printing of the Book

Post by wendysgoodnews »

If I had never tried LDL and I read I could go without sweets and bread and never miss them I would think Ya Right!  But if they could read the testimonies from those that are living this miracle it will excite them and make them realize it is obtainable.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Roger
I like the change
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

The only thing that sort of bothers me in the above is naming foods that people will have to give up to achieve a happy ending to their diet woes. If I knew nothing about the great LDL way of eating, I may not want to even try this wonderful WOE if I knew I had to give up certain foods right off the bat.

It may be better to emphasize that people can eat all the wonderful burgers, stews, pizza, meatloaf, Italian dishes and Mexican food they want and still lose weight. Of course, these scrumptious foods would be made in the LDL style to take off the pounds! This puts a positive light on the LDL program. Anything negative-sounding should probably be downplayed so people will want to give LDL a try.

Maybe I'm way off base saying this.  *lipssealed* I may be the only one who thinks this way! I do agree with what Roger is saying. I just thought I'd mention what I thought some people might think if they saw they had to forsake their favorite foods in order to lose weight.

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on February 15th, 2011, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I agree with Sweet Rose. Don't tell them what they can't have...tell them about all the wonderful foods they can eat and lose wight. Also Roger, your revision (the second one on this thread) really was hard to read and follow. I liked the first one better.....easier to read and understand.

JMHO
Ollie
Last edited by barrypaxton on February 15th, 2011, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Didn't want to say anything, but I agree with Ollie. The second version hard to read. Too much info in one sentence. Maybe break it up a bit?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- I like the point you are trying to convey, but rather than what one can't eat, how about emphasizing what they can.  "Although you will no longer be eating regular pizza, regular ice cream, fries, and breads,  Let's Do Lunch suggests replacements for each of these foods which are delicious, satisfying, and will not create cravings."
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roger, I like the idea of what we can eat instead of what we can't have. No cravings, eating until full, and still loosing weight seems like a dream, but it is real.  Soooo thankful for LDL.  :thumbsup: JF
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

I felt the same as MsHeirloom and JF.  To some people, saying that they cannot eat these things that they love might make them not give it a chance, like some people that won't give up bread.  You mention that and they don't want to hear anymore, at least that has been my experience.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

When people ask how I did it I explain, "no wheat, no rice, no oats, no potatoes. I eat all the healthy lean meats and whole, unprocessed fruits and veggies, no counting no starving." I then explain a little how grains are processed and high glycemic and cause cravings. I never mention bread or pasta or dairy until they act a little bit more interested. Before that I give them a copy of the First Magazine Article. Most times, coworkers find out I do without breat, cake, donuts, candy etc after they offer me some, and I say, no thanks.

BTW, the American Heart Association has a Storyteller program. I spoke with a lady spearheading it about LDL hoping they will take a serious look at the plan and the successes and begin promoting it.
Last edited by LINDA RN on February 16th, 2011, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Once you get how bad some things are for you, your first reaction is to tell people to stop eating that junk.
We just have to realize they have to come to realize that that junk is no good for them before they are even willing to think about giving it up. It can be frustrating trying to understand why some people just don't have the understanding you have received. But we do know that testimonies are a stong, compelling force.
Linda