Why Doesn't Beano Work for Me?

Get innovations here.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Why Doesn't Beano Work for Me?

Post by CodingQueen »

Since starting LDL a couple of years ago I've noticed a number of people experiencing gastrointestinal problems even with the use of Beano. This is a new way of eating and takes a while to adjust...some longer than others.

Putrefaction and fermentation are the primary cause of gas, heartburn, cramps, bloating, constipation, foul stools, bleeding, piles, colitis and so forth.

When one consumes protein and starch together, the alkaline enzyme ptyalin pours into the food as it's chewed in the mouth. When the masticated food reaches the stomach, digestion of starch by alkaline enzymes continue, therefore, preventing the digestion of protein by pepsin and other acid secretions because the alkaline enzymes neutralize the acids in the stomach.

The bacteria in the stomach is then permitted to attach to the protein and putrefaction begins, rendering nutrients in the protein food largely useless to you and producing toxic wastes (the major cause of colon cancer and obesity) and foul gases.

These three basic guidelines will help eliminate the problem. Please keep in mind that it will not cure it because beans/legumes contain vegetable protein in addition to starch, therefore, the reason why they are hard to digest and cause gas (but not to the extreme when combined with heavy protein). After following the guidelines for about three months, SLOWLY AND I DO MEAN SLOWLY, try once again to combine heavy protein with starch. If you continue to have issues, you may have to follow these guidelines indefinitely.

1. Eat fruits alone on an empty stomach.

2. Eat heavy proteins like meat, chicken, fish and eggs ONLY with non-starchy vegetables and sea vegetable (i.e. kelp).

3. Eat starches (beans/legumes in our case since we don't consume grains) and starchy vegetables ONLY with non-starchy vegetable and sea vegetables.

Tip: Eating Natto (fermented soybeans), taking a good quality probiotic and cooking with spices such as turmeric, coriander, peppermint, fennel, sage, chamomile and ginger will also help.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on March 25th, 2011, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Why Doesn't Beano Work for Me?

Post by LINDA RN »

After taking Probiotics, I am able to eat the beans with the ground beef for lunch with minimal gas many hours later.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

The probiotics and spices have helped me.

I received the following newsletter this morning. It explains why we really should try to incorporate beans in our diet....especially when the prices of groceries are going through the roof.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIP04016/4- ... Beans.html

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on March 26th, 2011, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Good article---I really like Dr. Weil.  Have some of his books.  That's what I told the class the other evening.  We had four main dishes and all had beans in them.  Even though, LDL is not a bean nor a fruit diet, they certainly are economical, and the health benefits are tremendous.  That's why our family had no weight problems when I was a child.  I should have known how filling and healthy they were, but I guess I wanted all the fancy foods.  :laughing:  Have a great weekend.  *hug* JF