your staple foods and favourite beans?

Get innovations here.
chewy

your staple foods and favourite beans?

Post by chewy »

my staples:
apples,blueberries
romaine lettuce,spinach,cucumbers,carrots,celery,tomatoes,broccoli,cauliflower,frozen green peas,brussell sprouts
chickpeas,cannelini beans
organic bulk unpopped popcorn
my favourite beans are chickpeas!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: your staple foods and favourite beans?

Post by VickiLynn »

I stock most of the veggies you mentioned in addition to red and green peppers, and yellow, sweet, and red onions. I always have canned tomatoes (all varieties), chicken, beef, and veggie broths, all types of canned and dry beans (my favorite are pinto beans).  Right now my refrigerator freezer has chicken breasts, ground chicken, ground sirloin, pork tenderloin, sirloin steak, corn, peas, mixed veggies, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and rhubarb. Fresh fruits: apples, green grapes, clementine oranges, pears, and strawberries. And, there is always popcorn that I pop in an air popper. 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Staple foods-
All kinds of canned beans
Frozen and fresh vegetables
Frozen and fresh fruit
Canned pineapple in its own juice
V-8 for soup base
Popcorn, bulk and microwave
Eggs
Ground sirloin
Chicken breasts
Salad ingredients
Corn thins
Franks hot sauce
Variety of herbs and spices
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Looking over everyone's list makes me think of what everyone's staples are (and mine used to be), like bresad in all forms, pasta in all forms, white rice and ice cream. What a difference! How much healthier are these LDL staples and they are readily on hand!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- Don't forget the chocolate in all forms :stop:!!!  It was a staple here.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW isn't LDL amazing!!!!  *love*
Chocolate was more than a staple....it was a NECESSITY!  :shock:
Always had to have some around.  :thumbdown:
So amazing I don't give chocolate any thought lately!  :angel:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

My staples:  so much is fruit!  I always have fresh pineapples and bananas.  I also usually have watermelon and canteloupe when in season.  Right now I have satsumas, which is a citrus fruit in our area of South Louisiana that I love and we usually get free from different people who have trees.  Sometimes I buy them, though.  I got a big box of grapefruit at Sam's this week and am thinking this will also be a new staple for the season.  Grapes are usually a staple, but in my recent hand cradle assessment grapes are a stressor food.  For the next 30 days I'm to try to stay away from them -- or as the doctor said, just take more enzymes with any I do eat.    Watermelon was also a stressor food this time.  (The foods in this group change each time you go.  It isn't like you are forever allergic or anything.)

Chicken breasts are a staple.  We eat a lot of chicken and eggs too.  I do omelets in the evening when just fruit isn't enough. 

We eat a lot of salad for lunch with grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, baby carrots, olives.  I make an olive oil dressing from a recipe in *Wheat Belly -- (the book by the cardiologist that I really enjoyed reading.)  I love asparagus.  We usually have colorful bell peppers, onions and garlic in lots of things I cook.  Okra is sort of a staple here in the summer.  I grow it and we eat it at least once a week.

We like lean ground beef with Slap Ya Mama seasoning (only in Louisiana!) and green onions when I make hamburger patties.

I also get sirloin and cut in strips and cook with onions and peppers -- throw in some curry powder and salsa.  This is similar to a Little Mary recipe.  I do it with chicken breast sometimes too, cut in strips.

Olive oil and coconut oil are staples in our house too.

I enjoy bean soups, or like right now, butternut squash soup (no beans in that.)

* Reading Wheat Belly helped me understand why LDL works so well, although it is a little different from LDL. He doesn't think beans are so good and he does think raw nuts are.  Basically no grains, though, even popcorn.  But you can do flaxseed.  I do a couple of things Wheat Belly recommends that LDL doesn't -- like this wrap made with flaxseed and eggs. These are occasional though.  I mainly do LDL.  I like having the option to make a banana nut bread with coconut flour or use the almond flour for something of a treat.  There is a pancake recipe with almond flour that I want to try one day when my weight is behaving itself extra well!  :laughing:  I think it is mostly about not raising blood sugar levels.  Stick with foods that don't raise them.
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

My staples:
CORN THINS, eggs, canned pineapple in juice, bananas, strawberries, apple juice, chicken breasts, lean ground beef, Canned goods (crushed tomatoes, many kinds of beans), dried beans (white and pinto), onions, celery, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, baking potatoes, ICBINB spray, popcorn, lettuce and grated cabbage (love the extra crunch the cabbage gives to my salads), sea salt, fresh ground pepper, broccoli, chicken broth....just off the top of my head. :)

Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

This thread makes me hungry  ;)!  Yum!!!  Pam