Christmas candy, cookies, cake & desserts

Get innovations here.
Kathy

Re:Christmas candy, cookies, cake & desserts

Post by Kathy »

Roger,

I wish I would have logged on before the holidays. This message would have helped me a lot. Thanks for the encouragement.

Kathy
jopaul

Re: Christmas candy, cookies, cake & desserts

Post by jopaul »

On Thanksgiving I was enjoyed visiting with family. My MIL and FIL kept offering me alcohol. I said "no" at least 4 times. My SIL told me "if you don't want, it don't drink it." That one phrase kept me going. I drank no alcohol, ate no sweets, ate no carbs (these aren't baked potatoes, they are sweet potates smeared in butter, brown sugar etc). I stuck with the turkey, LDL waldorf salad and LDL cranberries. I did fine. By Christmas, My MIL and FIL had pretty much accepted my new choices and praised me for being strong. My FIL even called me skinny. I'm far from skinny, but I do feel better now that I'm eating healthier.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Tina,
You have discovered what Crickadoodle says, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
Getting that "determination" is the jolt that puts you over the top!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Linda,
That's deep! I'll have to remember that one.  *hug*
Have an incredible day!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown