New To Our Boards?

Get innovations here.
Bonni

Re: New To Our Boards?

Post by Bonni »

Thanks everyone.  I'll skip the the Ezekiel and whey protein.  Just this one day of trying to eat LDL and already I feel lighter.
Life4Now

Post by Life4Now »

Welcome to LDL Bonni and big shout out to Niki. Just stick around and before you know it you'll be doing things you never thought possible. I have learn alot. I know this may sound silly....but I learn how to cook beans from scratch. Had a "smoothie" for the 1st time and there is more where that comes from. I use to "lurk"......and still do  :blush: and there are other's as well (you know you are).....but don't ever be afraid to ask "any" question or to post encouragement....cause we all need it. Love that your here. Have a great weekend.....Karllita    *^_^*
If your doing 90%, why do you worry about the other 10%
Debbers1756
New, but learning

Post by Debbers1756 »

How do you get the progress ticker at the bottom of your page?????
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Okay, I know there are some out there who can help Bonni get her ticker.  I forget where the instructions are...who will help??
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Creating & Posting Tickers & Pix

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm going to post this for the benefit of everyone who wants to know.  Tori did a lot of hard work to speed up the message boards by compressing pictures & a lot of other stuff I can't even begin to understand.  So please remember to keep the photos fairly small and appropriate to the topic so our message board stays speedy!    If you just can't get it to work, don't get frustrated -- Ask someone who already has a Photobucket account or similar photo management site account set up (like me) to help you out.  :thumbsup:.  Carolyn (Queenie) and others (WHO I HOPE WILL JUMP IN & VOLUNTEER--hint hint) will also help if you'll email a request to one of us. 

TICKERS:  When you click on anyone's ticker, it takes you to the tickerfactory.com website where you can customize your own.  At the bottom of the first page you click to save & continue to the next page.  When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom & look for the "BB" (bulletin board) code.  Copy the whole thing & paste it into the signature box of your profile.

To open & edit your profile, click on your screen name, or on "PROFILE" in the dark blue band above this message window to the left.  Look for "Modify Profile" in the menu on the left and click on "Forum Profile Information".  That's where the signature box is where you paste the BB code (delete any text from in the little box first).

AVATARS:  To post pictures you need to first set up an account & post them online at Photobucket or similar photo management site to get the codes (long text strings) required by the various places on the message boards.

Your profile information page is also where you can post your picture avatar using the "Direct Link" code from Photobucket or another online picture management site.  Please crop & resize your picture to be no larger than 150 x 150 for the avatar.  I understand it keeps our message boards running faster.

After you're finished, scroll down to the bottom right & click the "Change profile" button.

PICTURE MESSAGES:  Pictures posted within a reply window like this one require the IMG code:

PHOTO GALLERY:  Finally you can post pictures directly from your PC into the Photo gallery, but it requires your picture resolution to be  600 x 600 or less, and compressed to a small file size of 48 kb ( ? )   I'll have to go look it up.  I'll post it here later.  I still don't know how to compress pictures in Photobucket.  I have to do in in my Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery.

Loves, Gwennaford
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 12th, 2009, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Bless you, Gwen.  This is going to help a lot of people.  Your are a jewel.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

gailmiller2009

Re: New To Our Boards? (Avatar question)

Post by gailmiller2009 »

I have read all the instructions for posting an avatar, and understand how to resize and what codes to copy and paste, BUT at the forum profile information page, I see NOWHERE where you can put in your own picture. I see the choice "no pic" and then all those for celebrities like Cameron Diaz...  I am a bit confused where you can put your own photo in for an avatar.- Gail
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Gail,
            You have to have 10 posts before you can add your photo.......so keep posting
                                        G-d bless you
                                              kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Forgot to mention that in the instructions.  SOWWY!  I'll do it now.
ImageImage
gailmiller2009

Re: New To Our Boards? Can only add an avatar after 10 posts to board.

Post by gailmiller2009 »

Thanks Kris for letting me know I need to be patient and wait till AFTER I have posted 10 times.  I think this is post #4,  and have made some new friends here already ( Sweet_Pea aka Carolle lives just down the road from me in Nebraska!!! Whoo Hoo!!!).  I have been on different online weight loss sites before, such as Weight Watchers, EDiets, etc., and NEVER have I been at a "diet" site that has members SO HELPFUL and FRIENDLY!!!  (And it seems a large majority here are Christians also with a deep faith in God... I really like that!!!!!).  I hope to get to know a LOT of you at this site, as sisters following LDL and also sisters in Christ.  God Bless You!-  Gail  :rose:
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Gail, we're thrilled to have you.  What a lovely e-mail!  God bless you and keep coming to the boards.  We have a lot of fun and learn a lot too!

Cheryl
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi folks,
      Please don't forget all the fine gentleman we have here on LDL. G-d loves them too!
                                      Judie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm praying that all our brothers will get their fine selves on these boards, too!  C'mon guys - we love hearing first-hand man-stuff from you about your favorite ways to enjoy Let's Do Lunch.

Gwen
ImageImage
gailmiller2009

Post by gailmiller2009 »

I agree with you, Gwen!  I bet there are a LOT of fine gentleman here.  Any of you from Nebraska??? - Gail near Lincoln.  :)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sweet_Pea (Carrole) is.
ImageImage
JourneyTowardSuccess

Post by JourneyTowardSuccess »

I'm new also. Saw the article in First Magazine and cannot believe I have not heard about it. I splurged (robbed Peter to pay Paul) to buy the book about a half hour ago = aka: put a creditor on hold, which I don't like but my health is an investment, too. I'm getting married in September and it's as frugal as frugal can be. My work ended when the real estate market crashed in 2007 and I sucked up my savings so I'm working on odd jobs here and there. Anyway, I am soooo glad God prompted me to splurge on the magazine, too.

I'm so excited to discover this and cannot wait to say "bye-bye" to the weight I've been carrying. Ideally, I'd love to lose 50 lbs. and would love to lose it by September for my wedding (we all love the microwave method). Thank you Mary and Roger for your inspiration in the magazine. I was starting to think I'd be fat forever. I'm good at maintaining but it's hard to get the ball moving in weight loss, once it does move, I lose pretty well. I had just gotten so sad that I'd never lose when the article came along. Isn't God good?  *love*

Kimberly
aka: JourneyTowardSuccess
"Success is a journey, not a destination" ~ Dr. John C. Maxwell
"You will never change your life until you change one thing you do daily." ~ Dr. John C. Maxwell
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Kimberly,

Welcome to LDL!  I'm not sure about losing 50 lbs. by Sept., but you will certainly look and feel great.  Try as many of the recipes as you can...they are all great, and read the success stories...they are a real inspiration.  Until you get your book ask as many questions as you need to.  Someone will help you. Browse through the posts and you'll be surprised at what you learn.  We're glad to have you with us.  And congratulations on your upcoming marriage...I imagine you're excited as can be!

Pat

TR8Gram

Post by TR8Gram »

Hi Roger!  I just received your new book and recipe cards and as I was reading the chapter on Stocking Your Shelves, I noticed that under Beef, you have Veal listed.  I am probably out of line here, but I was raised by a Livestock Dealer and due to this my father would slaughter his own beef.  The one thing that he was against though is how the calves for veal are treated.  Being kept in a head lock so they can't move, only eat and drink is inhumane and totally unnecessary.  They do this supposedly to keep the calves from building muscle and no muscle meant making the meat more desireable (thus costing more).  Since my father was also a Broker for a meat packing business, I was raised seeing what happens in those slaughter houses, and what I learned I will not share on this list and yes, I do eat meat, but I will never buy or order Veal.  If you want a great piece of meat, try eating or ordering the Filet Mignon, which I did notice was the first piece of meat on your list, and Veal was the last one listed.

I will always discourage people from eating Veal and therefore hoping that these practices will cease due to lack of demand.