New To Our Boards?

Get innovations here.
mrsj
Master Member

Re: New To Our Boards?

Post by mrsj »

Huntnsweetheart, I hope you'll find your book soon and that these rough spots will pass soon.

Maybe printing out recipes from this website & keeping them in a notebook binder will carry you through what to eat until you find your book.  There are so many good recipes to try!

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!
mrsj
huntnsweetheart

Post by huntnsweetheart »

thank you so very much Mrsj
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrApk4l/]
Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

Hi!  My name is Cami.  I saw you on the 700 Club a couple of weeks ago on "skinny Wednesday".  I was so excited to learn about your history with your weight and how you were able to take it off and keep it off.  I think I have read every page of the Let's Do Lunch website so far.  I am really excited to get started but I don't have the $29 to buy the book and recipe cards.  Hopefully this month I will, If not the beginning of next year....can't wait! I am weighing in at about 285 right now.  I have been having some health problems that may or may not be related to my weight (more than likely are though).  I am only 25 and my husband and I are ready to start a family together but unfortunately due to my weight we can't.  So I have big goals and know that I can achieve them I just ask that you keep me in your prayers for strength and courage to face these goals and accomplish them. 
Thanks so much! 
God Bless,
Cami  ;D
Cami :)

Phillipians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Cami- Many libraries have the book until you can buy your own copy.  This way of eating will help you lose all the weight you want in a much more livable and enjoyable fashion than any other method.  This truly is the best diet on the planet.  I hope that you will be able to start as soon as possible, and begin your journey to Skinnytown.  Pam
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Cami, many people including myself started the LDL without having the book.  You've already read the boards so you should have an idea of what to do.  If you have any questions, all you have to do is post and someone will promptly answer you.  I hope you'll start the program soon and be on your way to a healthy way of eating. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

Thank you Pam and tonz2day!  I have read the message boards and I started making beans this weekend.  I will definitely try to find the book in a library until I can get my own copy.  Thank you so much for the support!  Cami

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Cami Welcome to the LDL family, you can do it.  I started this woe 2 months ago yesterday, I was at 270 lbs when I first started eating the LDL way, not much less then your at now, and I have lost 27 lbs so far, and it has been so easy to do, just eat Fresh Fruit, smoothies, beans or any of the breakfast foods you find in the breakfast food section on the website.  Then have your meats for lunch, you can switch and have for dinner, but it will slow down your weight loss.  Then have Fresh Fruit, beans, no meats soup and popcorn for dinner.  As your just getting started, Roger suggest you eat until full when ever your hungry no matter when that is, and no matter how ofter you get hungry.  When you eat till full of Fresh Fruits this will kill the cravings for sweets or processed sugars, and the beans will kill you cravings for breads, and pasta's.  There is a difference between eating healthy and eating healthy to lose weight, so read you book over and over again, chapters 2-6 ever time you read it you will remember some thing else that will help you on your train ride to skinnytown.  Ask questions, and someone will be there to answer and help you on you way.  You have found the most wonderful way to lose weight and keep it off.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

Thank you so much Deborah...and congratulations on the weight loss!  I am starting LDL today....not exactly on track from what I can tell( I haven't made it to the grocery store just yet) but I might as well start off however I can now instead of gaining five more pounds until I get to the store!!  I just got off of the phone with my mom who told me that she recently found the LDL book about a week ago and is almost done reading it.  She is going to let me use it until I can get my own, which I am really excited about.  Again thank you so much for the tips and advise.  Not only am I excited about losing the weight and starting with LDL but I am also excited about all of the support that I have been getting just within my first hour here on the message boards.  You all are great!

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Cami, congratulations on finding the best way of eating I've ever found for losing weight and keeping it off.  I thank God so often for helping me find this WOE (way of eating).  Today, my husband said that this way really works.  He sees how well I've done with it.  He dabbles in it and really has more to lose than I do, but he hasn't gotten totally on board.  He has lost 18 lbs., though.

Just think how month by month you'll get thinner and thinner.  I'm so glad your mom will lend you her book.  You are going to do great on this plan -- no matter if you failed other plans.  If you eat until full in the first few weeks, you'll cut out your cravings and you'll be successful.
Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

Crickadoodle, thank you!  That is awesome that your husband has lost 18lbs simply by dabbling. My husband too will probably dabble with it for a little bit, but who knows he may get a strong start and do really well.  My mom is really excited about starting also.  A couple of weeks ago my uncle had some problems with his heart. It was beating irregularly.  He is doing good now and is on a strict diet that his doctor put him on because he is also pretty overweight but it gave my mom a scare because she knew that having heart problems is a really serious thing and just as easily as it happened to my uncle it could happen to her.  I am really proud of her and my husband for wanting to make a change and I feel so blessed that we have found this.

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Welcome Cami!  I am so excited for you to be discovering this healthy and delicious way to eat at your young age.  How many of us here wish we could have started this at age 25?..............but are ever so grateful that we know about Let's Do Lunch now.  This is the best thing you can do for yourself, your family and future family.  How wonderful that your Mom found the book and will be lending it to you.  Gotta love the moms!

God bless you in your journey,
mrsj
Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

Thanks mrsj.  You know it is funny because I was telling my mom about Let's Do Lunch but I never mentioned the name of it but the same day she found the book and bought it not having a clue that it was the same thing I was talking about. 

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Cami wrote:Thanks mrsj.  You know it is funny because I was telling my mom about Let's Do Lunch but I never mentioned the name of it but the same day she found the book and bought it not having a clue that it was the same thing I was talking about. 
I love God "co-incidences"!  He is so good!
mrsj
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Cami, it is a wonderful way to lose weight, enjoy good foods abundantly, and to get healthier.  Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy the ride to Skinnytown.  As Mrs.J said, I  also wish I had known about it when I was younger.  I have a whole lot more energy, and I feel as though I'm getting younger than older each day.  God is wonderful in helping us to find this woe that Roger has so generously shared.  Joyful Friend
Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

Thank you joyful friend for the warm welcome.  Your and everyone's stories are so inspirational to me!

Cami
New, but learning

Post by Cami »

[/quote]I love God "co-incidences"!  He is so good!
mrsj
[/quote]

Mrs J.  You couldn't be more right He is good!!!

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Cami wrote:I love God "co-incidences"!  He is so good!
mrsj

Mrs J.  You couldn't be more right He is good!!!

:D :D :thumbsup: *hug*
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Mrsj, You are such a wonderful encourager.  :D  :thumbsup:  *hug* Joyful Friend
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Awww, thanks Joyful! I think I'm blushing. :blush:
You are sweet (LDL approved of course!) and also a wonderful encourager.  I'm glad you are here on the message boards giving and sharing your journey and your enthusiasm for LDL with all of us. It's a blessing being part of this LDL family with you. :rose:  *hug* :D
I'm also excited that you and your daughter are able to share this together.  So awesome!
God bless,
mrsj