Recipe site for inspiration

Get innovations here.
greenheron

Recipe site for inspiration

Post by greenheron »

Here's a site featured on the Today show this morning.  www.supercook.com  You type in ingredients you have on hand and it will suggest recipes you can make with them.  It will also suggest ingredients for you to click.

It's not perfect...it insisted I could make tortellini soup when I clearly don't have frozen tortellinis, but in general it looks like a fun tool.  Plug in all your favorite LDL-friendly foods and see what comes up.  It pulls from lots of recipe sites, like Recipezaar and Epicurious.

Actually it's one of Time Magazine's 50 best websites of 2009.  Here's a link to the rest.  Pandora is really nice to have on in the background while you're surfing other things.  Etsy will suck you in, so beware.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... html 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Recipe site for inspiration

Post by CodingQueen »

greenheron,

This is awesome :thumbsup:

CQ
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

It has its issues...ingredients it doesn't "recognize" can show up in your suggested recipes, and plenty of ingredients that aren't yet in the database, like garbanzo beans, for instance.

But if nothing else, it might provide ideas, and also lead you to recipe sites you'd never visited.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

GH - Thank you!  I have been looking for this for a while. I came across it a while back or on another site with the same tool and I couldn't find it again. I thought it would help me to create recipes that would address my allergies.

Thanks again!

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I love the idea of being able to come up with something that I can use "the rest of the tomato paste." I hate it when a recipe only needs a little of something and you have to figure out what to do with the rest of it.

CQ
ladyofchange

Post by ladyofchange »

Thank for posting the site, I always have problems with having to throw out left over base ingredients because I don't know what to do with them:)
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Welcome to LDL, Ladyofchange!  You'll love these boards and LDL'rs.  Yesterday I read an article where the person was taking leftovers and freezing them in one container and then using it to make soup.  I would think it might work with base ingredients too.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!