DON'T FORGET HOW TO START LET'S DO LUNCH

Get innovations here.
akashawolfe
New, but learning

Re: DON'T FORGET HOW TO START LET'S DO LUNCH

Post by akashawolfe »

I am keeping it simple cause that's all it is really Roger.  You are an amazing man.  I am inspired by your story.  I hope to achieve the same success you've had.  I have done EVERYTHING, including gastric bypass.  It messed my body up and made me bitter and sick.  I have found a freedome from sugar with these simple rules....thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I am considering journaling my weight loss into the form of a book on that subject.  I'd like to use this diet as the foundation of change in my diet and credit you of course...would you be opposed to that?

Akasha
"If that which you seek you find not within yourself. you'll not find it without."
niki

Post by niki »

hi akasha...how wonderful that you have found let's do lunch...this program of eating has changed my life...unbelievably so...........and it will do(or has done)the same for you.........it is very simple...it's not complicated...that is part of it's beauty.....God blessed roger with the knowledge to save his life and he opted to share it with all of us....ALL praise and glory to God.....sincerely,niki 
akashawolfe
New, but learning

Post by akashawolfe »

I've been journaling, and I am amazed by how easy it has been to get used to this way of eating.  I'm almost at a month and I have lost about 14 pounds!  My fiance`has lost 12 pounds!  We are thrilled!  I hope to show this book to as many folks as will listen, and hope to promote it to those who really need this! 

Roger is like Moses leading us out of this horrible life...I felt like a slave to my body's cravings.  It's really a miracle for me. 

We should start meetings for those who don't have the internet or need "hands on" discussion...sorta like Overeaters Anonymous.  Just a thought... it'd help so many. I'd love to give meetings.

Akasha :D
"If that which you seek you find not within yourself. you'll not find it without."
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I bought some Egg Beaters when I first started this a couple of weeks ago.  I have tried them on weekends when I needed something extra.. I can't stand them.. had them scrambled with onions and a little of the no fat allowable cheese.. yuck.. someone got a recipe for them that will taste good??  We can't use regular eggs, right?
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Found this post by Roger in Nov of last year, don't know if he's changed his mind since and don't have my new book here to read.

Roger Troy Wilson
Roger Troy Wilson
Master Member

Let's Do Lunch tm

Re:eating eggs
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:27:05 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, gbpastor. Yes, you can eat eggs just like you do beans and other veggies, simply because they are such a light protein...just be careful from the standpoint of cholesterol...and it doesn't matter whether they are fried or scrambled in olive oil. Your wife probably craves eggs only at breakfast time, which most likely is out of habit...but, that said, if she is craving eggs at times other than at breakfast, then you are right...she is craving protein and needs to eat a little more of it.

God bless,

Roger Troy 
Last edited by Grammasuz on October 24th, 2006, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

thanks for digging that out,suz......when i first started let's do lunch,i went through a lot of the posts on the boards.....i never read this one.....i usually would tell someone in the beginning that they could eat eggs any time as an allowable food...but when i eat eggs,i eat them as my protein in my big meal.........niki 
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

HarleyGramma,
Before I started Lets Do Lunch I would have an sausage egg mcmuffin at least 3 times a week sometimes more.  Now I have a smoothie or I fry an egg and put a piece of fat free cheese on it and eat it on a corn thin.......I havent missed an egg mcmuffin yet!!!!!!  Thank goodness for corn thins.....I was such a sandwich eater in the past that I dont know if I could stay on this plan without them.  I even love little marys grilled cheese on corn thins with the delicious tomato soup she makes. YUMMMMMMY
Love and God Bless
Debbie
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Before the diet I would have whole grain cereal with soy milk.
Now 99% of the time I just do the smoothie..  on weekends when I know it will be a long stretch before lunch, I would do a smoothie and the egg beaters.. just can't hack the egg beaters!!  will eat more fruit I guess..  :0)
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey, HG! Agree, Egg Beaters are awful! I'll stick to the real thing, thanks! You can make a pretty decent omelet with only 1 whole egg in it and a bunch of additional egg whites. You need a very good nonstick skillet in order to be able to get the cooked egg white off of it, though. I'll sometimes make an omelet with 1 egg and 3 additional whites just for myself. Lots of onions and peppers and spinach and a bit of Parmesan - fab stuff! Don't be afraid to experiment with egg whites. They have no cholesterol and can be very satisfying. :) ....NYKath
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I am not a big egg eater, was looking for more substantial something to eat with a smoothie besides beans for breakfast.. he he he..  not ready for beans for breakfast yet.
niki

Post by niki »

harleygrandma..the way i like to eat eggs is the idea i got from roger... eggs on a layer of fat-free refried beans, no sugar added....love it....niki
Last edited by niki on October 26th, 2006, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarryLips

Post by HarryLips »

Roger,

I am halfway through day two and so far I am enjoying the diet.  The biggest test is to come in about a 1/2 an hour, when all my work friends goto the nearest fast food joint.

When I read your book, I related many personal events to your story that I know this is the diet for me.  I had tried in the past so many diets and were unsuccessful at all of them.  I felt like I wasn't eating enough..so I cheated and then quit the diet.  So far my appetite has been satisfied and I I can;t wait to see the results in a mnth at first weigh-in.

Thank you from all 442lbs of me..
Harry
Tori

Post by Tori »

Welcome to the boards Harry! (:

First of all, I want you to know that you are not alone. There are many people here who are on this journey, and if you ever need support, this is the place to come. Nobody is going to judge you, and we are always here to give you the encouragement or advice you may need. If you have *any* questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

The best way to combat the fast-food/lunch dilemma is to bring some great healthy foods with you to work. I get so busy during the day sometimes that the thought of stopping to make something to eat just drains me. So, I try to prepare in advance. I'll make up some yummy LDL foods and keep them in the fridge so I can just pull something out whenever I get hungry. Also, keeping a huge bag of popcorn around is a great way to keep the munchies at bay without eating something unhealthy.

I wish you much success, and if you ever want to talk, just let me know!

God bless you,
Tori
TEAFORTWO

Post by TEAFORTWO »

Hey guys,
I don't know if you can get these in your area, but I buy Eggland's Best Eggs, they have 25% less fat, vegetarian fed. 2-3 of these make a great cheese omelet with Veggie cheddar cheese, with a smoothie on a weekend morning.
:D
Nicki
New, but learning

Post by Nicki »

Here I go on day 1 (Monday Dec. 4)! I made me a chicken breast and some corn on the cob for lunch tomorrow. I usually go out with friends, so this will be a challenge. I also went ahead and made my smoothie tonight, I dont' usually do breakfast, but I though I could do at least a smoothie. Supper will really be my challenge, I love to pig out at supper.

God please oh please give me the will!

Nicki
NickiB
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Nicki,

Remember at the beginning to eat all the healthy, LDL-Friendly foods you can whenever you are hungry. Don't concentrate on weight-loss until your cravings are gone. If you get hungry between meals, EAT.
;D

NJ