Exercise, the dreaded subject....

Get innovations here.
DEBBIEWEBE

Re: Exercise, the dreaded subject....

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Awww thanks Kath thats sweet of you to say.  Some days I look better than others thats for sure.  It helps when you do your hair and put on makeup though.  That picture was a year and a half ago before I gained the 35 lbs from my thyroid issue. I have lost about 12 lbs as of right now on Lets do Lunch and hopefully I can get off the rest of the 35 and then lose  the other extra 20 that I was carrying in that pic!!!!  It good to know its only time standing between now and the healthy weight I desire.  I dont have to worry about being able to stick to a diet...thats for sure!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Wow thanks Tress!!!!!!.....it worked GREAT but a little TOO GREAT....now I have the INCREDIBLY HUGE PICTURE PROBLEM that someone else had.  I post too much to have 50 4x5 pictures of me glaring at me everytime I sign on.  lol  I will have to go back and read how to resize it before I try again.  At least that got rid of the red x problem.  One step closer though!!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks to Tress and Carolyn my pictures finally up and the right size!!!!!  Couldnt have done it without you two!!!! Tress you were right about the caps in the jpg...it didnt work till I changed it to a small case "s"
Tress thank your cousin for me for resizing the picture...it looks great!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on October 14th, 2006, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
maggiemae

Post by maggiemae »

I cannot live without exercise!  It is SUCH a motivator!  I do not look at it as work at all.  I put on the iPOD with my Podrunner music and a way I go!  Podrunner music is specifically designed for working out.  Anyone out there who has an iPOD I highly recommend it.  I try to walk outside as much as possible, but use my treadmill most as the uneven ground bothers me.  I do carry 3 lb weights in each hand and I vary the incline.  I don't know if there is any benefit to it or not, but I like the way I feel when I'm through with my 60 minute workout.  Exercise has so many wonderful, healthy benefits.  I can't imagine a day without it. 
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I'm with you Maggie!! In all of my pregnancies when I got too large and unstable to exercise I truly missed it!!!  I don't take it for granted that I can still exercise either...
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Debbie - I'm so glad you got your picture up!!

Exercise - Actually, I do like the way it makes me feel.  I used to do something every day - when I met John (almost 3 years ago), I stopped for a while, then went back to it, then stopped.  Life got in the way.

No........... I LET life get in the way.  I love walking & since I live in "pancake flat Virginia Beach" (the Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon's description, not mine!), I LOVE to bike.  I have a "beach cruiser" (no speeds!) and it's great.  Haven't ridden since 2003...  I'm going to buy John a cruiser - probably in the spring - and hopefully, he'll enjoy it with me.  When I biked alone I used to listen to books on tape - very cool - and I found I rode longer.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

ahah....we're talking about the dreaded E word,miss mary..... 8)
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I only like the exercise that doesnt feel like exercise.  Thats why tennis,walking and biking are top of my list.  Its like I have to trick myself into it.
GOD BLESS
Debbie
gootham

Post by gootham »

I personally like Pilates...I do the Winsor Pilates as well as others here on the board.  The reason I enjoy them is they sculpt your body using your abs or powerhouse as the center of your workout, and these are done on a mat and not jumping around sweating all over the place.  I had knee surgery several years ago so the above mentioned exercise does not work well for me.  Walking as a favorite exercise of mine also.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've recently begun high intensity interval training called Peak 8 by Dr. Mercola or Sprint 8 by Phil Campbell who developed it.  I do it on a recumbent bike.  It is really efficient and causes your body to produce HGH naturally -- which actually makes you younger.  You only do it 20 min. 3 times a week.  That is only 1 hour a week, but the benefits are supposed to be even better than hours of cardio a week.  I'm finishing my third week of it and will report after 8 weeks as to how it has worked.  The basics are that you warm up for 3 min. then do 8 sets of 30 seconds at full blown speed/90 seconds recovery speed then a cool down of 2 1/2 to 3 min.  I can feel it in my thighs that is is working a different part of the muscle.  I love the efficiency of it.  Those are the longest 30 seconds and it is really intense, but you feel so good and energetic when it is done.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I lover roller blading so I'm going to try adding the HI to it.  Guess I'll have to count down 30 seconds in my mind as I have to watch the road for hazards (sticks, deer, and vehicles).  This should be FUN!

RB Kayaking
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good to see you, RB.  Check in more often, please!
Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yes, RB, you better watch the road!!  I used to count down when I would run sprints (my running is another person's jogging -- I'm not fast, but my heart rate goes up a lot!!  :D  )  I injured myself, so the recumbent bike works great to keep me injury free. 
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Imagine a young speed skater down in a crouch.  Legs pushing out to the side, arms swinging forward stride for stride.  Head looking straight with only sideways glances.  Grace and speed in motion.

Got that image in mind?  Well, that wasn't me!

Try 58 year old, knees bent slightly, butt higher than the head, legs going out slightly to the side, counting 30 stokes, then standing up and puffing like she just climbed a set of stairs at a run.  Yeah, that was me and after four sets I was a mile and a half away from home.  Dah, maybe this was meant to be done on stationery items.  Did I mention I was a mile and a half away from home?

I did one more set headed back to home and let me tell you that butt that was up in the air?  Well it was telling me something that I can't print here.  I had to go on two walks just to loosen up my backside.

Good thing it's raining today because there was no way I was getting out there and doing it again today.  Tuesday is another day.

RB Kayaking
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great exercise stories, RB!!!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

RB -- you had me chuckling today!!  :)  Such an image, but I'd have been looking much worse.  :laughing:  Thanks for sharing.

Well, I did my sprint 8 on the recumbent bike this morning.  Everytime I do it, and finish it I'm saying through gasps, "I did it!  I did it!"    :D  I do see my speed increasing slightly and my endurance up some -- then I also am seeing my recovery time decreasing.  I know this is making me more fit and that's what it is all about.  I then did my dumbbells for leg strength and arm strength.  I've always been weak in the arms, but this is helping.  I use 10 lb. weights.  So, I did it!!!  Accomplished -- that's how I'm feeling.  :thumbsup:  My husband's been doing it too, so I'm so happy about that. 
jeterfan2
New, but learning

Post by jeterfan2 »

I recently began Zumba and can't wait until the next class. Love it and I would have never said that about exercise before.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have done water Zumba at the YMCA and it is great. Only problem is this job I have that limits my time. I may go back on night shift if it OK with the doctor and then retire in April or May. Then the Y will be my home away from home.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I have bought several pieces of exercise equipment over the years. BUT, my FAVORITE is my pilates reformer. It is actually fun to use and extremely gentle on your joints. It even has a rebounder for cardio. And the best thing, you do it all lying down! How cool is that? Pic below of my machine.

preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Good for you! That is some serious looking equipment.....Keep up the good work! I need to work on my excercise skills...LOL (I have none) LOL :))

Preachwife