Frozen Fruit

Get innovations here.
steffie
New, but learning

Frozen Fruit

Post by steffie »

I love having frozen fruit in my freezer at all times. I have found some wonderful large bags of frozen fruit, put out by Dole at Sam's Club. It is a wonderful mixture of sliced peaches, red grapes, honeydew chunks, pineapple chunks and strawberries. They make great smoothies and I also get a little bowl and snack on it, when I want something cold. The pineapple chunks are out of this world! I wanted to share this with those of you, who use a Sam's Club. God bless all!
Steffie
niki

Re: Frozen Fruit

Post by niki »

you know what,they have that at costco too...but i've been so busy buying fruit in season that i haven't bought that...but now,tori is not the only one with a short fruit supply...i think i'll buy a bag of that too,when i go to costco...........thanks for the idea.............niki 
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I also buy this same bag at our Walmart and after i eat lunch  I put some in a bowl to defrost for dinner, but it is really delicious when it is half thawed..the  peaches are like popsicle consistency.  This is definely a great buy.
ANG
BettyBoop

Post by BettyBoop »

Thanks for the postings about the frozen fruits at Sam's.  I've been buying frozen fruit at our Kroger grocery two one pound bags for $5.00, but I'll bet the Sam's bag is a much better bargain.  I use frozen fruits a lot to make my smoothies.

Betty
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
niki

Post by niki »

hi ang......yeah,that half thawed state is the best.........i like it too........and costco's price is good too..........niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

The only Costco or Sam's clubs are an hours drive one way from me....with gasoline prices I do better with Walmart 2 miles from me...however i hear rumors that Sams may come to my town...I will keep my fingers crossed.
ANG
Gammamel
New, but learning

Post by Gammamel »

I buy this at one our nicer local grocery stores called Martin's.  I'd check all the stores just in case.  It's really great, and no peeling.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I generally go to BJ's and I know they have large bags of strawberries.  I've been buying those for a while.  I'll have to check and see if they have mixed fruit.... yum!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

costco even has frozen blueberries....and trader joe's has frozen mango..........but,how many stores can you go to that are scattered all over the place?....although,at least i go to costco anyway........niki 
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oh, I wish there was a Trader Joe's close to me!  I lived in the DC area for 25 years and used to go to one up there.  The last time I went on their web site, it said that they were building one about an hour away.... still too far for me...

Carolyn

niki

Post by niki »

no,that ABSOLUTELY is too far.....maybe you'll find someplace with the same kind of stuff that's closer...niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I won't have a problem finding big bags of the frozen fruit, as I said, BJ's has that.  It's just that Trader Joe's is such a cool store!!  :-)

Carolyn

greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

I have been buying fresh fruit and vegetables at our Farmer's Market, frozen fruits at Sam's, and other fruits at Super Target.  I told my husband this weekend we are buying a freezer for the garage because I am running out of room!  I seal most things in the FoodSaver bags to help with space and longevity but everything still falls out when I open the door!
Lori
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

A "freezalanche"!! 

That's our made-up word for that happening... and when it falls out of the cabinets, we call it a "cabilanche"!

See, you can learn important things on this board!   ;D

Carolyn

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I agree Trader Joes is a cool store.  IF you have one near you, definately check it out.
Debbie