Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: popcorn flour

I want to get off wheat. Anyone have some recipes for using alterative flour? Thanks

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: popcorn flour

I can understand your concern. I have been wheat-free for over 4 years. Using an alternative flour will not help your weight-loss goals.

I use corn thins for sandwiches and dips. Popcorn is a crunchy snack and can be flavored with spices such as cinnamon. Soups can be thickened or "creamed" with blended beans. Some members are making pancakes with egg and banana.

Beans are a tasty, starchy food that will satisfy your desire for foods which are made from flours. Like I've said before, it's all a mindset. I never feel deprived. There are an abundance of wheat-free foods on Let's Do Lunch. I will never go back to eating wheat. I am happy with my weight and I feel great!!!!!

Go to our website, http://www.letsdolunch.com , and click on Craving-buster Breakfasts...then, scroll down to the Popcorn-flour Pancakes recipe...almost every time we have New company, we fix these for them, and in my opinion they are the lightest best-tasting pancakes Ever (topped with blended blueberries or blended strawberries and a little diet sweetener).

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

If wheat and gluten are causing sensitivity/allergy issues, you can use garbanzo bean flour or coconut flour.
HOWEVER, experience has shown many LDL'ers that these flours, although gluten-free, spike cravings.
See the comments about Banzo Bisquits or Bonzo Brownies.
If you fill up on lots of beans and whole fruits, eventually the need for anything with flour goes away.
And along with it goes the weight.
Welcome to LDL.
If you let us know what kinds of foods you feel you cannot do without and want a substitute, we are here with years of experience to help!

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

I have a hard time believing that garbanzo-bean flour causes ANY cravings for Anyone...in fact, I believe it to be just the Opposite...this flour will Eliminate cravings for ALL processed starchy carbs.

I believe it is just like eating our Butter-bean Potato Cakes and Butter-bean Mashed Potatoes, which are made with blended LARGE butter beans (large ones ONLY...NOT small ones...NOT baby ones...and NOT any other kind of beans like lima beans)...and these blended butter beans definitely do NOT cause cravings of any kind. In fact, just the opposite is ALSO the case...they ELIMINATE cravings for ALL processed starchy carbs.

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Thanks to all

I just returned from shopping. I usually buy Bush Butter Beans ( large)..Right next to the Bush BB was the store brand and was less expensive too! I read the ingredients: Lima beans, water and salt!!! I don't know how they get away with this, but they do X( Anyway, Make sure you read the cans so you are getting Butter Beans and not canned Lima...
I had left over lima beans so I experimented making the potato cakes..there is a BIG difference, not only in the taste, but the texture as well. They didn't taste anything like "the LDL receipe" and the same with the little butter beans, just not the same...
So I won't use anything but the BIG BB's. The LDL recipe is fantastic..
Zesti.