doing something wrong

Get innovations here.
cjaj

Re: doing something wrong

Post by cjaj »

I must be doing something wrong also.I do not eat bread,potatoes,pasta.I have not lost anymore weight.I am at a stand still.I only lost 15 pounds.and stopped.I have been laid off work. Not moving around as much as I was.I eat alot of beans ,corn.I eat fruit for breakfast.I eat meat one time a day.If there is anything I need to do please tell me.one thing is I eat Ranch dressing on my salads.I do not like fat-free ranch.Is there a way to fix ranch dressing so it is not so fatting? 
                          Betty :'( :'(
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

1) do you have the book>? If so re-read it as there may be something you've missed!
2) You don't sound like you're doing anything wrong! You may have just hit a plateau! My advice, lose the scale and only weigh when your clothes are looser!
3) put your Ranch dressing on the side and dip your fork (to cover the tines completely) before each bite,.,this will enable you to taste the dressing without necessarily using too much.
4) are you using canned veggies, frozen or fresh? Canned you really need to look at ingredients as they frequently hide sugar and other no good stuff in them.

(noticed you are still a newbie...when you reach 10 posts you will change to new but learning and then really be able to personal message easier!!)
5) DON'T GIVE UP!!!! You body will lose at the rate that is  best for you!!!!
Check the ingredient list on things you use. It is ingredients in/out that matters and you'd be surprised at where they hide sugar, wheat, and fat!!!
GOOD LUCK!! If you want to you can personal message me here on the boards with what you're doing and I'lll see if I can help you figure it out!
Veronica
Last edited by robnveronica on December 30th, 2006, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

hi betty..veronica just said everything i would have said...what i would like to reiterate is...lose the scale...scales belong on fish(i think tom said that)...don't weigh yourself until your clothes are loose...
  sorry about your getting laid off...more stress....but at least eating this way decreases stress instead of dieting which increases stress...just hang on and keep eating until full..............sincerely,niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Betty - The only thing that I didn't see mentioned was - Are you eating all day long?  I think it was Niki that said that once you get rid of the cravings that you shouldn't snack all day - just eat at meal time - something about the blood sugars stabilizing.

Other than that, Veronica and Niki said everything I would've said.  If you're still in doubt, you can post everything that you are eating in a day - not the portions - just what you're eating and when.  If you are doing something wrong, someone here will lovingly let you know.

Keep with it!!  I've been at a plateau since hitting 20 pounds - I know that eventually it'll pass.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."