BANANAS

Get innovations here.
amylouwho777

Re: BANANAS

Post by amylouwho777 »

To keep bananas or basically any fruit or veggie from spoiling use the "Forever bags."  They are sold in the produce section at Kroger & Walmart for $5 for a box of 16 reusable bags with ties. I had the same problem, especially with bananas. Now my bananas & other veggies last atleast twice as long. I guess if you used those bags & put the bananas in the fridge, they would last even longer! But I really love them. 
powder99

Re: BANANAS

Post by powder99 »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:For anyone who doesnt know this heres a good tip regarding Bananas.  I read about it and thought Id try it before sharing and I just wanted to let you know it works GREAT!!!  If you guys have the same problem as me.....I dont really like frozen bananas in my smoothies and I never seem to be able to stay ahead of the ripening....when your bananas reach their peak light yellow with a few brown specks.....throw them in the fridge.  It immediately stops the ripening and they stay firm and dont get all squishy and over ripe.  Gives me the couple extra days I need to finish the bunch.  Just dont put them in the fridge until they are "just right" cause they wont ripen anymore once they are refridgerated. 
God Bless
Debbie

I love frozen bananas. Did not know you could even freeze them until I started LDL. I put the frozen ones into the smoothie last which is already mixed. I blast them for a few seconds so that chunks of frozen banana remain. OMG, feels like ice cream in my mouth.
Just thought I would present the pro frozen banana side.
Jim