BANANAS

Get innovations here.
DEBBIEWEBE

BANANAS

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

For anyone who doesnt know this heres a good tip regarding Bananas.  I read about it and thought Id try it before sharing and I just wanted to let you know it works GREAT!!!  If you guys have the same problem as me.....I dont really like frozen bananas in my smoothies and I never seem to be able to stay ahead of the ripening....when your bananas reach their peak light yellow with a few brown specks.....throw them in the fridge.  It immediately stops the ripening and they stay firm and dont get all squishy and over ripe.  Gives me the couple extra days I need to finish the bunch.  Just dont put them in the fridge until they are "just right" cause they wont ripen anymore once they are refridgerated. 
God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on April 11th, 2007, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: BANANAS

Post by Forever Young »

Debbie,

Thanks so much for this tip.  It is great to see you back on the LDL boards!

Love ya' girl!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Jeanne,
I know Im obnoxious about posting when Im eating LDL. Its like a drug for me, it always puts me in such a good mood........I dont realize how unhappy I am eating unhealthy until I eat healthy again.  Let the mania begin!!!!
God Bless
Debbie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Debbie,

Have you tried posting even when you are NOT following LDL?  Could it be something that will help you...by encouraging others?  Sometimes it gives us the courage that we personally need to do it.  You will do fine this time!  I have faith in you!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Debbie,

I was wondering where you were.  It's nice to see you back!  Thanks for the tip about the bananas.  I usually end up throwing them in the freezer.  I'll try this next time...or tomorrow, whichever comes first.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Don't forget the frozen bananas...they taste like frozen ice cream/yogurt.  I like those really well!

Jeanne
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Pat,
Thanks...it feels good to be back after my little mental break,  I was here....just laying low!!!!  Good to see you all again too!!! 
Apparently my brain wants to stray but God keeps taking my hand and pulling me back here till I get it right!!!  Praise God!!
God Bless
Debbie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Jeanne,

Yesterday I bought craft sticks (popsicle sticks) in the craft section and Dixie cups. I'm getting ready for the warmer weather when I can make LDL "popsicles" with all my fresh fruit. I love my smoothies, but I really love frozen fruit pops.  Can't wait!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Pat,

They really sound good!

Jeanne
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Bringing this back up again for all our wonderful newbies.  Debbie's idea of putting bananas in the fridge to stop ripening at the perfect peak is a good idea.  It does give you a couple more days to eat them.

I wanted to add that you can stop the skin from turning black in the fridge by wrapping each one in a paper towel.  Nothing else.

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 6th, 2009, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Great tips.....thanks Gwennaford & Debbie.....unfortunately, I never buy just the right amount as to not have to eat an overly ripe banana or throw one out.  I have several at home tonight that will be making their way to the fridge!

Cheryl
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Fruit pops!  That's a great idea!  Lots of popsicles have gelatin in them so they melt more slowly.  You could do that with your smoothie mixture too....if you don't want to use some sugar-free Jello, you could use a package of unflavored gelatin, dissolved in a little water and incorporated before you pour the mixture into cups or molds.
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Thanks!  Gwen and Debbie for the wonderful ideas.  Pat please post your fruit pops, they sound wonderful if it ever gets warm enough around here.

LV
Marie
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Fruit Pops are nothing more than a variety of your favorite fruits pureed with a little Splenda or Stevia and poured into small paper cups with a popsicle stick pushed in.  I like Greenheron's thought about adding the plain gelatin to make them melt more slowly.  These are a nice treat on a hot afternoon!!

Pat

Roe
New, but learning

Post by Roe »

Debbie how long did it take you to lose that weight so far?
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Roe,
I lost 18lbs pretty much right away...I'd say 2 months...the rest of it came off slowly.  Im pretty fit though for my weight and play tennis 5x's a week.  That and I cheat a lot on the weekends.  As Roger pointed out to me I must just not be all that concerned with my weight or I would be stricter with myself.  When I started LDL I was about 193-195.  I easily maintain 170 without even trying since knowing LDL.  Its just comforting to me that no matter how long it takes it will eventually happen.  Loose size 14's arent the end of the world to me and it sure the heck beats the size 18's I used to wear.  Im never gonna be asked to be a model.....Im just a mom who is fit enough to do whatever I want because I very smart nice man showed me his plan and God opened my eyes to it.  You should also know about me is I am a nanny who watches little kids all day who like to eat hotdogs, cookies, crackers, pasta, and normal kid snacks  Its near impossible to be 100% perfect with those type foods in my house.  That and my husband is a junk food junkie.  I do the best I can and I dont worry about it anymore.  LDL food makes me feel the best so thats what I try and eat. 
God Bless
Debbie
renobabe

Post by renobabe »

Just a note on bananas....I use green bags for all my fruit and veggies
I purchase them on publishers clearing house...the banans keep for
up to two weeks..Honest....

renobabe
sherrylynn
New, but learning

Post by sherrylynn »

When our bananas turn brownish, I peel them and stick them in snack baggies.  Put them in the freezer and they are ready for the week.  The riper the banana, the stronger flavor.

Sher
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Rfgbz/]
[/url]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

patsyfay wrote:Fruit Pops are nothing more than a variety of your favorite fruits pureed with a little Splenda or Stevia and poured into small paper cups with a popsicle stick pushed in.  I like Greenheron's thought about adding the plain gelatin to make them melt more slowly.  These are a nice treat on a hot afternoon!!

Pat

I make more smoothie in the morning than I will consume.  I put the rest in the freezer and eat it later.  It is just great if you let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes, then stir it up.  Better than ice cream.