dreamfield's pasta

Get innovations here.
niki
Administrator

dreamfield's pasta

Post by niki »

i had e-mailed roger about this quite some time ago....he had said that just the way you can occasionally have egg noodles, you could have dreamfield's pasta(and i DON'T mean in addition to, i mean INSTEAD of)
  my pastor and his wife had been telling me for quite some time that the only pasta they eat is dreamfield's...they're both diabetics..they told me that their blood sugars are more stable after eating this pasta than after eating whole wheat pasta...i went online for some info...and everything i read backed up what they said....i read an article by david mendosa who has a very informative website for diabetics who says that his blood sugars are excellent after eating this...there were a few people that said that this pasta raised their blood sugars, but it looks like they realized that it was when the pasta cooks with tomato sauce, it does something to the pasta making the carbs digestible....it's very low carb and as long as you serve the sauce OVER the pasta, you're fine.....
  again, just the way that egg noodles are for occasional use, so is this....i only eat this when i've gone off let's do lunch for a reason and figure i'll treat myself to a little dreamfield's with broccolirabe before i go back....to tell you the truth, i was really surprised when i didn't get more cravings after i ate this and that i was satisfied with not too big a portion...and it is DELICIOUS.....this is ESPECIALLY for the italians among us...i NEVER would buy ronzoni(this is what i learned from my friend, donna)...i used to always buy barilla...de cecco's better, but i never used to want to spend the money for it...meanwhile, dreamfield's is even pricier....but, when you look at it as a big part of your meal, it's worth it....
  i must have e-mailed roger about this WAY over a month ago...i was reluctant to mention it because i didn't want people to go CRAZY.....but, i couldn't resist posting it since i posted granma julia's sauce..............bon appetite...............niki   
Last edited by niki on October 3rd, 2007, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: dreamfield's pasta

Post by patsyfay »

Niki,

I bought some Dreamfield's pasta on your recommendation and had it the other day for lunch with some LDL meatballs in marinara and I topped it with a spoonful of Joe's Pesto.  I was in Italian heaven!!!  I only cooked up 1/2 a serving of pasta and when I finished eating, I was stuffed!!  I had NO hunger pangs and hope to enjoy this treat again next month.  I figure once a month is occasional enough.  Thanks for the posting!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Re: dreamfield's pasta

Post by niki »

hi pat...........i didn't read this when you originally posted it...i just saw it now.....glad you liked it......i'll tell you, as far as taste, i challenge ANY italian to eat it and NOT love it....i think it's absolutely delicious...and eating it and NOT getting cravings or added hunger is WONDERFUL.....you just have to be careful with it.....as i had said, i really only eat it when i've gone off for a reason....i plan on a meal of this before i go back on and it's like i'm tricking myself feeling like i'm being bad, when i'm NOT.......i LOVE it with broccolirabe(a taste i acquired late in life).........niki
Last edited by niki on September 26th, 2007, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..