Wehani Rice Close to $2.50/lb @ iherb.com now through 12/31/08

Get innovations here.
LovinLDL

Wehani Rice Close to $2.50/lb @ iherb.com now through 12/31/08

Post by LovinLDL »

They always have free ground shipping for orders over $60 (a friend and I go in together to buy rice every couple of months).  The rice is usually $2.81/lb which is much better than the $3-$4 that it sells for at all the health food stores around me.  Right now through year end iherb.com is offering a 10% discount on everything they sell.  Just go to iherb.com and search on "wehani".

Our favorite LDL recipes with this rice include curried chickpeas and rice and an easy chicken and rice soup (put chicken broth/boullion & water, chicken, vegetables..whatever you have but always a bit of garlic and onion... and one bag of rice...everything=enough to fill the crockpot....start crockpot in the early morning, leave in until lunch-time, salt and pepper to taste, and...wah-lah....the best chicken  and rice soup ever!)...it hasn't really mattered with the amount of chicken or amount/type of vegetables...my kids always aks..."is this Mary's or did you create it Mom?"...that's how I know it's good :thumbsup:  It serves our family of eight with a bit extra for dh to take for lunch for a couple of days (I would say 6-10 servings depending on the size of the crockpot).

Blessings,
Julie