Cook Veggies and Meats in Fat-free Bouillon

Get innovations here.
Gwennaford
Master Member

OFF TOPIC

Post by Gwennaford »

I can see why Mom likes to go to the Turtle Club.  What a beautiful setting!  Do you actually walk across the sand to your table?

longingly...
Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Cook Veggies and Meats in Fat-free Bouillon

Post by Gwennaford »

I just love Google......

as sung by Sarah Vaughn: 
sung and danced by Gwen Verdon: 
    (whew!  I only knew Gwen Verdon from "Cocoon"... She was really something back in the day!)

"Whatever Lola Wants"

[LOLA]
Whatever Lola wants
Lola gets
And little man, little Lola wants you -- (and little Roger, Little Mama wants BEACH)
Make up your mind to have no regrets
Recline yourself, resign yourself, you're through
I always get what I aim for
And your heart'n soul is what I came for

Whatever Lola wants
Lola gets,
Take off your coat
Don't you know you can't win?
You're no exception to the rule,
I'm irresistible, you fool, give in!...Give in!...Give in!

Hello, Joe
It's me
He hits so far
-hold on-that's you
Aaah-haaaaaa
Poo poo pa doop
Peek-a-boo
Yoo-hoo

I always get what I aim for
And you heart 'n soul is what I came for
...Lola wants
...Lola gets
...You'll never win
I'm irresistible, you fool,
Give in...Give in...Give in.
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 11th, 2009, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Thanks Gwen ,very intresting....LV Marie
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

marysimmons wrote:
It's totally a matter of personal opinion as to what the best way is to cook meats and veggies.  More often than not, my favorite way is to season them and throw them on the gas grill (barbecue.)  Right now, though, I'm still going through a roasted vegetable phase.  Hardly anything tastes as good to me as some roasted butternut squash.  Yum yum yum.  No bouillon required!  Why don't you get in your car early tomorrow morning and drive down here to see me.  You'll be here by lunchtime. Your wife can admire my Vita-Mix*, and you & I can do some serious taste-testing of veggies cooked in bouillon, veggies on the barbie, and roasted veggies from the oven.  Heck, we might as well throw in some steamed veggies and stir-fried veggies while we're at it and make it a real culinary adventure!

Roasted asparagus.  Nothing better in the world. 
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Yes, Mary, I do roast it in the oven, pretty much like I do cauliflower....tossed in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt, in a fairly hot oven so you get some nice browning without turning it to mush.  I also love it grilled, but we're dyed-in-the-wool charcoal people, so I don't grill as often as you might with a gas grill.  You can do asparagus on a contact grill, like a George Foreman, too.

My tastes have definitely changed as I've gotten older.  A few years ago, my mother was most amused when I came home from the grocery store with asparagus.  She remembers when my sister and I were kids, and we made a sign with a skull and crossbones and a big POISON and we put it in the asparagus patch in the garden. 

Here's a favorite even when we were young:  shredded cabbage, a little green onion, a little green or red pepper, a little celery, sliced mushrooms, quickly stir-fried until tender-crisp, a couple dashes of nutmeg, then topped with a few dashes of soy sauce.  Don't forget the nutmeg!

Nutmeg is also a great addition to spinach dishes.