Joined yesterday

Get innovations here.
foodie

Joined yesterday

Post by foodie »

I am a little confused as exactly how to use this site.  I registered yesterday and I thought I posted a "happy to have found this site" kind of post, but now I can not find it.  Can someone help?

I am very excited about this site and the encouraging, kind and compassionate people who seem to belong to it.  I first heard of this in First Magazine and would like to buy the book, but went to Amazon to try to find it second hand ($29 right now is a little hard as we are semi-retired and our income has been strained lately with this economy) but I also wanted the recipe cards and can not get them if I don't spend the $29, so are some or all of the recipes posted so that I could look at them first with out being able to own them, or are they different recipes?  Thank you in advance for your time.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Joined yesterday

Post by robnveronica »

The laminated cards are the one's that are in the book mostly. You can however get many different and wonderful ones here online as well and print out at home to put on 3x5 index cards and put in plastic covers in a 3 ring binder as well. Welcome to Lets do lunch!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Foodie!  You are in the right place.  I never visited message boards before registering at Let's Do Lunch, so this is all a learning experience for me.  Remembering which board I posted on is frequently a challenge.

One thing you can do to find recent posts is open your profile one of two ways:  1) click on your screen name to the left of one of your posts, or 2) click on "PROFILE" in the dark blue band above the post reply window.  It's good to explore all the features that can be accessed by clicking the different words on this area.

Once you have your profile open, scroll down to the bottom and look at the "Additional Information" section.  Click on "Show the last posts of his person".  It will show your two posts and you can see where the first one went!

This message you posted is actually IN the recipes section of the message board.  If you look just above this window, below the dark blue band you will see "Let's Do Lunch Community > Recipes, Ideas, & Methods"  Click on the recipes part, it will take you to the a place where you can access hundreds of recipes posted by LDL members. 

Also back up near the top of the message board is all kinds of helpful information that will help you get started on Let's Do Lunch until your book arrives.  This link will also help get you started: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=1128.0

About being able to afford the book, please write to Roger Troy at this email address & tell him what you wrote below.  Roger@letsdolunch.com

Any other questions, please ask!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

foodie wrote: so are some or all of the recipes posted so that I could look at them first with out being able to own them, or are they different recipes?   Thank you in advance for your time.

to tell you the truth, i've never used any of the recipes in the book, although i DO tend to make my own concoctions and haven't made many of the recipes on the boards, either.........there are LOADS of recipes on the boards......you could cook all your life and not make them all....not to mention the fact that everyone has their own recipes that can be adapted..........
i wouldn't think you've lost your post.........use this link 
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ion=recent

this link will give you the most recent posts instead of looking through each topic....it'll give you the posts in the order that they were posted................click on it and then put it in your favorites so you can access it at the touch of a button.....
and, i found your post from yesterday...it's there.....you can find it if you go through "most recent posts"........ 
Last edited by niki on May 5th, 2009, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Debbers1756
New, but learning

Post by Debbers1756 »

Foodie,

Have you tried searching the used books in Amazon.com?  I bought a used book on Amazon for a penny.  Look for the book again and then click on the used books.  I always check the used books before paying full price.  Hope this helps you.
theavinpete

Post by theavinpete »

Roger Troy, you made my day by showing such kindness to a new member who can't go out and purchase LDL.  You are a kind heared, sweet man and I am glad that I have joined LDL if for no other reason, to meet such wonderful people.