Cheesehead from Wisconsin

Get innovations here.
Doin it 4 good

Cheesehead from Wisconsin

Post by Doin it 4 good »

Roger, I'm a cheesehead from Wisconsin, cheese is a major staple of my life.  How much is 1 - 2 oz. of baby swiss (1 - 3 days/wk) going to derail me towards reaching my healthy new life style and weight loss goals? 
niki
Administrator

Re: Cheesehead from Wisconsin

Post by niki »

Doin it 4 good wrote:Roger, I'm a cheesehead from Wisconsin, cheese is a major staple of my life.  How much is 1 - 2 oz. of baby swiss (1 - 3 days/wk) going to derail me towards reaching my healthy new life style and weight loss goals? 

i understand how you feel...i LOVE cheese........if you want, as with anything, you could try eating it and seeing if you lose.............i, personally, agree with roger that dairy products, even fat free ones, are fattening......i NEVER lose weight eating cheese....not here and not on low carbs.......even when i did low carbs and i was ALLOWED to eat cheese, i didn't, because it gave me cravings.... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I'm another cheese lover!  And I agree with Niki.  No matter how much I eat, little or much, I never lose weight when I incorporate it into LDL.  Stay pure.  :)

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Doin it 4 good

Post by Doin it 4 good »

Lady's thanks for your words of advice.  What would I be craving when it comes to cheese?  What can I substitute for the cheese? 
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi,
      Well I too love cheese so I took Rogers advice and made those corn thins with a slice of tomato. I cut it thick so I called it tomato steak with a little black pepper.  Then I put a slice of ff cheese on as Roger suggested .Then put in microwave and melted it. It was so good . Roger said it would be. So good I had another. So go ahead and try it when you get a cheese craving.
                              Judie
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi.  I am a cheese person too, talked about it in my first post and Roger responded to me right away.    I have had a little cheese, low fat or ff, incorporated in to my plan and I swear it does slow you wayyy down, so I have taken it back out.  Anyway, one of the things I really miss is caprese salad: mozzarella with tomato and basil.  The other day I did the following and it completely satisfied my craving for caprese.

made a tuscan white bean dip (cannellini/two cloves garlic/juice of a lemon/olive oil/a little water/salt/pepper/fresh thyme/a little cayenne-in a blender) and then did the following:

took a corn thin (or in my case I made two of these)
spread it with some tuscan white bean dip
placed two basil leaves on top of the dip
placed two tomato slices (because they were small tomatoes) on top of the basil
ground some black pepper on the tomato slices
dropped a few crystals of sea salt on the tomato slices
drizzled the tomatoes with some really good balsamic

I will never need another caprese salad again.
Doin it 4 good

Post by Doin it 4 good »

t-rock, Your recipe sounds delicious.  Today' errand day, I'll be picking those groceries up for the bean dip.  Thanks for the recipe. 
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Enjoy...I forgot to mention to rinse and drain the cannellinis....now if I can come up with a substitute for goat cheese and aged parm. reggiano cheese, I will be set.

Take care,

Tiss
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey Cheesehead where in WI are you from--I'm from Portage, but now in Florida and I miss my WI cheese.  It's hard to find WI cheese here so I just don't eat it.  When you grow up eating the best, ya just can't eat second best.

RB Kayaking
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Hi Doin It 4 Good and RB Kayaking!

I too am a Cheesehead from Racine, now living in New Hampshire.  My husband, who was born in NH, and I are both on LDL and lovin' it!  My son, who also lives here in NH, just got back from a weeks vacation in Racine/Kenosha and brought back tons of good ole Wisconsin cheese.  He offered to give me some, but I have lost my craving for cheese and declined his generous offer.  Wonders will never cease on LDL!

VickiLynn
Last edited by VickiLynn on August 6th, 2009, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
together4ever123
New, but learning

Post by together4ever123 »

I'm from Wisconsin too!! I live between Baraboo & Reedsburg.
  If you don't now where that is, I'm close to the waterpark capital of the world :WISCONSIN DELLS  :sick:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I was born and raised in Racine, WI and lived there for 54 years before moving to NH (I am now 67).  I have been to Baraboo to the Circus Museum (the hugh collection of old restored circus wagons are absolutely my favorite) and the circus tent and show were worth the entrance fee.  Have also been to the Dells many times; in fact, my granddaughters (16, 14, & 6) go every year to the hugh waterpark there.  These sweeties are my daughter's children and she still lives in Racine, as does one of my three sisters.

I am going back to Racine in September to attend my 50th class reunion!  Can't wait to see my old classmates and show off my svelte new LDL body!  I hope to lose more than the 11 pounds I have lost so far since beginning July 4th.  One thing I will have to do is have my new clothes I bought in April taken in -- oh dear, how sad (ha, ha).  

Hope your LDL journey is as much fun as the one I have had.  :)

VickiLynn
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Hi Mary-
  I am originally from Green Bay and the Dells are southeast of Green Bay about 3 hours (depending on how you drive). I have been to Orlando and the Dells and I prefer Orlando.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Mary,

It is not nearby.  From Green Bay to Wisconsin Dells is approximately 3 hours.  Wisconsin Dells also has other great attractions.  

Another nice trip from Green Bay is to Sturgeon Bay (other side of the Green Bay lake).  It is about an hour ride.  Sturgeon Bay is the first city on your way up thru Door County where some of the best cherries are grown.  My grandmother lived in Door County in a very small community called Whitfish Bay and my family, when I was growing up, spent at least two weeks with her every year.  I picked cherries with the local kids for 25 cents a bucket (big money in those days) a number of times -- I think I ate more than I picked!  Door County has been called the Cape Cod of the Midwest and has some of the most beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline you'll ever see.  When you get to the "top of the thumb", you can take a ferry to Washington Island.  It is a large island that is inhabited year round and the last time I was there, no cars were allowed on the island.  We rented bicycles to tour -- great exercise!  Oh, forgot to mention, Door County is also home to a lot of artists -- potters, painters, etc., and the shops are wonderful to stop in on your way to the "top of the thumb".

So much for another Travel Channel update!

Vicki

P.S.  I am posting a grapefruit salad recipe just for you, "the grapefruit queen", in the Salad board.  Hope you'll try it.
Last edited by VickiLynn on August 7th, 2009, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

T rock,

Your recipe sounds delish!  I will try it this weekend.

I agree with you all about the cheese. (And I agree with you Niki) I always try to believe that it will be ok but even when I followed atkins - it was not ok for me. It kicked up the yeast and that kicks up the cravings. I also tried the FF Kraft with LDL (even though it is against my religion to eat grated cheese in a jar :D).  It halted any progress I was making. Though it did add flavor but I found I wanted more - so the craving kicked in with that too!

So now I just abstain.  :stop:

Julie :rose:
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey Guys,

I'm from Portage, WI!  I loved heading over to Devil's Lake to climb the bluffs, swim or scuba dive in the icy waters of the lake.  When the circus wagon would leave the museum I'd race to the lake to watch it travel along the lake--soo pretty.  Then there was the down hill skiing at Devil's Head and back over to Portage to ski Cascade Mt.  Then I started my college days at Boo-U for two years before heading to Eau Claire.

What I really loved doing was going with mom to the local cheese factories.  It was so cool watching them make cheese and then getting  the slices of all those wonderful cheeses.

I'm a confirmed "cheesehead" not a "beerfart"!

RB Kayaking
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Doin it 4 good, I just wanted to welcome you to LDL, the best way to eat  *love*  I sure hope your cravings for cheese have reduced.  I am not a cheese lover, but hey, we all have to deal with some kind of craving.  Just keep eating LDL and the craving will reduce. 
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.