watermelon

Get innovations here.
murray123

watermelon

Post by murray123 »

Good morning!  I was just reading the boards and found the discussion on cantelopes.  I was wondering does anyone know how to pick a good watermelon?  I love, love, love, watermelon but I am always unsure of how to pick a good one. 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: watermelon

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi murray,

This is NO such thing as a bad watermelon.  :tongue:

Seriously though, I have no idea how to pick a good whole one.  I live alone so I generally buy watermelon that has already been cut.  I'm sure someone will be along soon who can answer this question though.  Welcome aboard. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by chipmunk »

My other half works in safeway  and  had told me a trick to follow while picking a sweet melon.. look @ The melon and look to see the little back sugar dots the more the dots the sweeter it is... :tongue: always worked for me..
murray123

Post by murray123 »

Thanks for the advice!!!  By the way, Little Princess, your right!  There is no such thing as a bad watermelon!!!  It's my all time favorite.  I used to eat them until I got sick when I lived in Florida, and still never got tired of them!
sheila4724
New, but learning

Post by sheila4724 »

I was always told to thump them and if they sound dense, solid, they are full of juice and ready to eat.  I just finished a watermelon my self, and bought another one.  As far as a bad watermelon, to me it is one that just is not sweet enough, and I have had a few in my day.  I was also told that seedless are sweeter, but I like the seeds because I put them in the yard and hope they grow before the birds eat them!!