butter beans - FYI

Get innovations here.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: butter beans - FYI

Post by Gwennaford »

ROFL MrsJ -- I really don't cook much except beans in it.  I tried a few of the recipes that came with it, but to me, there's not much advantage to cooking something in three minutes if it only takes 30 minutes in a regular pot.  I'm so slow in the kitchen that the P.C.'ed food was cold by the time I got everything else ready, so it was kinda a wasted effort.

I might use it during the holidays to quickly tenderize giblets for gravy, or making quick stock from the turkey carcass instead of letting it simmer for hours.  A lot of the recipes were things like BBQ ribs (very fatty) candied yams, baked beans or baked potatoes (bad sugars & starches), rice or noodle dishes.  I don't know why on earth anyone would want to cook vegetables, fish or seafood in a pressure cooker for like, ONE minute!  C'mon!  Use the microwave.

It's too hot to cook & eat regular meals right now.  That's another benefit of the P.C.  It doesn't heat up your kitchen for two hours.  I'll peruse the recipe booklet again when the weather cools off.  If I missed anything interesting, I'll be sure to let you know.  ha ha
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
intune878

Post by intune878 »

I am scared of pressure cookers.  I had one blow up on me one time and so my husband does all that kind of stuff. javascript:void(0);

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

That's what I keep hearing, but I think they are engineered to be much safer today than they were back in the day -- especially if you keep the sealing gasket in good shape.  

You should read Little Mary's hysterical pressure cooker disaster story on my journal page:  
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage