Post by ChrissyV »

SOCCA or somekind of Tortilla

2 cups chickpea flour (about 8 ounces)
2 cups cold water
1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for cooking
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until large lumps of flour are incorporated and mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes; do not overmix. Cover and rest in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.

Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add about 1 teaspoon olive oil and swirl it around to coat the pan. Add 1/4 cup batter and quickly rotate the pan to spread evenly (so it’s thin like a crepe).

Cook about 3 minutes, or until socca is slightly brown on the edges. Run a spatula underneath to loosen socca from the pan, and remove from heat. Repeat with remaining batter.
Season with freshly ground black and fill it with anything you like..

If you leave out the rosmary you will have some regular tortillas...
julie409
Master Member

Re: I don't know where to put this...

Post by julie409 »

Chrissy,

This sounds great!  And I am personally glad that it is not made from corn. Thanks for posting.

Julie :rose:
Victoria

Re: I don't know where to put this...

Post by Victoria »

Perhaps put it in the Side Dishes and Appetizers.  I printed out your recipe to use for making tacos and put it in my LDL recipe binder under that heading.

To move your recipe to recipe heading, select your recipe text and then click on the Side Dishes, then click on New Topic.  Paste into the box and post.  If you already know how to do this, you're considered "computer literate" and that's a good thing.  :thumbsup:

VickiLynn