How do I cook for my toddler using the LDL plan?

Get innovations here.
Lexiesmommy
New, but learning

How do I cook for my toddler using the LDL plan?

Post by Lexiesmommy »

Hello all,
I've been looking over some of the posts and everyone sounds so helpful! My husband and I want to start using this eating plan but I'm not sure how to handle feeding my daughter, Lexie. She is 3 1/2 and goes to a daycare during the day while I work. How do I start on the LDL plan while keeping her needs in mind? My husband has been temporarily successful on low carb diets and eventually falls off the wagon to his old eating habits. I am excited with what I have read in the Let's Do Lunch book and so far on-line. This seems like a much better plan to work into our life. Thanks in advance for all of your help, I'm looking forward to any advice.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: How do I cook for my toddler using the LDL plan?

Post by EnJae »

This is a question for Little Mary and for Julie (both were quoted in the First magazine article and both have raised kids with healthy foods).
But until they reply, I'll say this is the best way for your daughter to learn how to eat. Can you imagine not having all that sugar and corn syrup? She'll be ahead of the game!
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

After raising three children, I'd say that this plan is great for any family member, but you might want to add a small portion of protein (such as egg, cottage cheese, or even tofu, chicken, or turkey ) at most meals, instead of primarily at the noon meal. And I'd allow my toddler to eat wholesome grains, like oatmeal, as well as a little potato, even though we don't eat potatoes or most grains here. If my child wanted to drink some milk, that would be fine , though I wouldn't push it, since I've been repelled by plain cow's milk since infancy. I'd offer yogurt or kefir after age two or so. I guess honey isn't for babies, either, come to think of it.

Avoiding friend foods, as we do,  makes good sense. Also, any child is better off without the endless cookies, and candies that people seem to give them, even if you don't stock these sweets in your home. Fruit is great, as long as the pieces aren't of a size or shape to choke a little one.

So much processed food contains additives like coloring in addition to  transfats, corn syrup and sugar. But then, I'm a purist on these things. My kids never got Koolaid, and very rarely got soft drinks.

yourdish
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello yourdish,

This is a great woe plan for all. I just wrote in my journal yesterday about how my granddaughter would be the first in 6 generations to grow up NOT over weight. People find it odd (in their mind) that she passes up chips, cookies, bread and candy for fruits. We haven't found a veggie she doesn't like yet. She will be 2 in January. She doesn't ask for candy and stuff when we are @ the grocery store. She does ask for fruit tho. That makes me so happy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day