Google the Restaurant Menu Before Going Out

Get innovations here.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Google the Restaurant Menu Before Going Out

Post by Gwennaford »

(excerpted & amended from an earlier post)

In the book, Roger Troy wrote a ton of helpful suggestions on restaurant dining the Let's Do Lunch (LDL) way.

In addition to using his suggestions, I always try to Google the restaurant menu before going out to eat.  If they don't have their menu online, you can ask them to fax it.  

This enables you be prepared, not only with what you're going to order at the restaurant, but how to plan your day's eating before and after, and when to have your heavy protein for the day.  If they have a lot of dishes and sides that you can adapt to Let's Do Lunch, you can eat lightly before you go.  If they have very limited choices, you can FILL UP before you go and just nibble while you're there.  Or go somewhere else entirely if you have a choice, which is often not possible when attending special occasion events.

Another thing is to make sure you have something really good & tasty waiting for you at home, like a savory bean soup, or the ingredients for a cooked apple or banana dessert.  Many times I've been caught unprepared & been stumped for what to order.  Just thinking about something yummy I have waiting for me at home enables me to eat fewer unacceptable choices.  It sounds so much better than what's on the menu, that I'm happy to wait until later for the good stuff! 

Even if you eat very well at the restaurant, sometimes it's a long time until you get home and you're hungry again, so having bean soups & fruits available at home is a good idea.

It's surprising how quickly LDL foods become the GOOD STUFF you prefer and are willing to wait for.  *love*

Loves, Gwennaford
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 29th, 2009, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
jansails
New, but learning

Re: Google the Restaurant Menu Before Going Out

Post by jansails »

I had the Chicken grillers w/pineapple & grilled veggies @ Outback.
Nixed the rice, I really thought it was delish.
Janet M.
jansails
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzLgCH8/]
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

Outback has a dandy Salmon and steamed veggies dinner, also.

yourdish
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi All:

I am glad this came up.  I love looking up restaurant menus online before going.  As a foodie who loves to cook, I do this anyway, but now with LDL, it makes it so much easier.  I have been telling a fib at some restaurants and telling the server that I am both gluten and lactose intolerant....not that I am ashamed of LDL, but sometimes "chef" gets offended when someone says "no rice, no potato, no cream, no butter, etc...".......

Take care!

Tiss