Help me understand protein and beans

Get innovations here.
Jmeyer

Help me understand protein and beans

Post by Jmeyer »

Hi -
I'm new, just started on Monday.  So far it's working VERY well for me.  I have a question that I need answered.  The diet says to limit your protein to 1 meal a day, preferable lunch but can be dinner.  Don't beans have protein ?  If so, how can you eat your protein at lunch time and then have soup that contains beans at dinner ?

Thanks for your help with this and thanks for being there for support, I'm going to need it.
Jackie
t-rock
Master Member

Re: Help me understand protein and beans

Post by t-rock »

Hi:

The way the team at LDL has explained it to me is that beans are considered a lighter protein, and that animal protein is considered a heavier protein, so it is preferred that we eat our heavy protein in the middle of the day, so your body is not taking in heavy protein at night when it is least active.  Experts, can you tell me if I am wrong ?

Thanks,

Tiss
Last edited by Anonymous on June 21st, 2009, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

t-rock wrote:The way the team at LDL has explained it to me is that beans are considered a lighter protein, and that animal protein is considered a heavier protein, so it is preferred that we eat our heavy protein in the middle of the day, so your body is not taking in heay protein at night when it is least active.  Experts, can you tell me if I am wrong ?

i work part time...on the days that i work, i don't have time to eat a big meal at work....i eat at 4 when i get home....
you have to make this fit your lifestyle...when you're able to eat your main meal at lunchtime?....WONDERFUL.......but, more important is making this program of eating fit YOUR lifestyle because it's meant to last a lifetime................
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Jmeyer wrote:The diet says to limit your protein to 1 meal a day, preferable lunch but can be dinner.  Don't beans have protein ? 

meat, chicken and fish are complete proteins(as are eggs)........it should be complete protein at a big main meal and beans ANYTIME.........they are incomplete proteins and you CAN'T eat TOO MANY BEANS........................
that's my call on the subject....THAT'S why they call me...the bean queen 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Jmeyer

Post by Jmeyer »

Thanks everyone - now I get it.  Niki - you can eat too many beans (if you know what I mean) boy have I been gassous  :blush:
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Jmeyer wrote:  Niki - you can eat too many beans (if you know what I mean) boy have I been gassous  :blush:

here's the thing......canned beans are more gaseous than dried beans, but you can help things along by over cooking them in the beginning, or pureeing them or eating lentils...
remember that you can puree ANY soup.....if you were to puree the greek bean soup i make, you'd get mary's tomato soup....
you can do that to any bean soup to help make it more digestible...and the EASIEST way to do it is with a braun(i think cuisinart also makes one)hand mixer...you just stick it in the pot...