garbanzo bean & cornmeal flours QUESTION

Get innovations here.
jansails
New, but learning

garbanzo bean & cornmeal flours QUESTION

Post by jansails »

Any ideas or feedback on suitability of these?
I purchased Red Mill Garbanzo Bean flour, & their 100% whole corn meal in COARSE grind.
Thought I'd make an OCCASIONAL cake of cornbread with them.

Janet M.
jansails
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzLgCH8/]
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: garbanzo bean & cornmeal flours QUESTION

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi jansails,

The garbanzo bean flour is okay as an occassional food as long as there are no other ingredients.  The corn meal is a no no.  A few years back, everyone tried cornmeal and guess what?  Everyone either stopped losing or actually gained weight.  I know it's a bummer, but please don't eat the corn meal.  It will not only stall your weight loss but can cause unbelievable cravings. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

LittlePrincess wrote:The garbanzo bean flour is okay as an occassional food as long as there are no other ingredients.  The corn meal is a no no.  A few years back, everyone tried cornmeal and guess what?  Everyone either stopped losing or actually gained weight.  I know it's a bummer, but please don't eat the corn meal.

actually, you know what, lp?......the reason the cornmeal was a no go was because they were making muffins and corn bread out of them.........if you used chickpea flour in those same amounts, it would be a problem, too......the only reason chickpea flour is not a problem for me is that it's just used as a filler or a coating.....more than likely, if they had tried using corn meal as a coating for chicken or as a filler, it might not have been a problem...........but, for all you newbies, stick to what you know will work..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hey niki,

Well you know that's true.  :)  I guess I just assumed she would be using the chickpea flour as a coating.  I should have asked.  Thanks for pointing that out.  :thumbsup:

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.